It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: Updates! November 20th!
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:14 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

The resource cap is horrible now...
with 10,000 it is impossible to do anything.

And extra resources for outposts is a little extreme...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:27 pm 
Captain
Captain

We've increased the value of razing outposts to compensate for the larger cost, and taking upgraded outposts can yield you 700 metal, 400 oil and 5 workers if you downgrade and raze them which now only takes 12 ticks before you can raze. We also added in metal/oil outposts, ufos, wreckage and increased the amount of resources that taxation gives and even given a considerable boost to worker production.

For the more expensive boosts complaint we did increase the cost of some of the boosts as the energy boosts were just too cheap. We doubled the time that metal & oil production boosts last and increased the costs by about 90% so they are more valuable now. We're also going to be changing the smaller token packages in the near future to make them more viable options.

-Andrew

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:18 am 
Captain
Captain

michael or andrew can one of you explain why the resource cap has been lowered

you do understand that with higher upkeep now it will cost so much for 1 full squadn of anything

i dont see the point in the reduced cap so can you explain it?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:01 am 
Captain
Captain

The lowered cap encourages activity, 30k before your own production cuts out is a lot of metal & oil. If you are at the point where your bonuses and taxation takes less than 2 days for your resources to max out from 0 then you have soo much extra production that losing your own production for several ticks is a negligible amount anyways. Also we're looking at possibly capping the overhead.

-Andrew

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:07 am 
Captain
Captain

Andrew wrote:
The lowered cap encourages activity, 30k before your own production cuts out is a lot of metal & oil. If you are at the point where it takes less than 2 days for your resources to max out from 0 then you have soo much taxation that losing your own production for several ticks is a negligible amount. Also we're looking at possibly capping the overhead.

-Andrew

i still dont find it fair andrew

BD wasw marketed as a game which you dont need to be the most active player to be the best

especially double tick worlds will get hit the worst with this . if you cant get on for one day you loose like 10k res which just sucks

and also i have bought the cap at 30k on 2 worlds already , when this update goes live i expect a full refund if it returns to 20k cap as i payed for a 30k cap , i think that is fair

if you go through with this i urge you to rethink it on double tick worlds ... sinvce you get double production its alot harder to have a smaller cap

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:10 am 
Captain
Captain

In order to get to that kind of a level of production that you reach the cap within 1-2 days even on a double tick world you pretty much have to be checking BD at least once every 24hrs for a few minutes. Also if you are at that level of production then your own colony production will only be accounting for 1/3 or 1/4 or less of your total metal/oil production. This means you are still getting the majority of your metal/oil production even though you've hit the cap.

Also the resource cap increase can be bought with bonus tokens so you don't even need to pay money to get it.

-Andrew

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:56 pm 
Captain
Captain

Andrew wrote:
In order to get to that kind of a level of production that you reach the cap within 1-2 days even on a double tick world you pretty much have to be checking BD at least once every 24hrs for a few minutes. Also if you are at that level of production then your own colony production will only be accounting for 1/3 or 1/4 or less of your total metal/oil production. This means you are still getting the majority of your metal/oil production even though you've hit the cap.

Also the resource cap increase can be bought with bonus tokens so you don't even need to pay money to get it.

-Andrew

i still hate the idea and it is ridicules

but didnt answer my question

will this effect people who have already payed and bought the 30k cap? since i have it on 2 servers when the update rolls out will it be taken down to 20k for the rest of the round?

i dont have bonus tokens and i payed with tokens i used my money to get so if it is reduced to 20k i will want my tokens back

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:47 pm 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Andrew wrote:
The lowered cap encourages activity, 30k before your own production cuts out is a lot of metal & oil. If you are at the point where your bonuses and taxation takes less than 2 days for your resources to max out from 0 then you have soo much extra production that losing your own production for several ticks is a negligible amount anyways. Also we're looking at possibly capping the overhead.

-Andrew

this is against 2 of the things bd say to get new users, here is a quote from "about" section of bd
Quote:
Battle Dawn is a free to play, community supported game. Since its first release in June 2006 it has attracted thousands of avid strategy gamers, friends, co-workers and families to play and have fun together all over the world. Battle Dawn is designed to consume minimal time from the player, as it is turn based and spans over long periods of gameplay.

30k is only if u donate for it, and for those with big conquer numbers and high worker count will lose alot of resources from this surely..

Thank you Michael
http://www.battledawn.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=111&t=15076
Thank you developers
(^-check out the topics)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:02 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

* Resource cap wont be changed (we'll leave it as 15K/30K)
However, it will be possible to get it only with red tokens.

* Increased downgrade metal bonus to 400M instead of 200M

Regarding outpost cost increase:
1. to prevent outpost spamming by multis
2. to increase the reward gained from capturing and razing it

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:32 pm 
Captain
Captain

Michael wrote:
* Resource cap wont be changed (we'll leave it as 15K/30K)
However, it will be possible to get it only with red tokens.

* Increased downgrade metal bonus to 400M instead of 200M

Regarding outpost cost increase:
1. to prevent outpost spamming by multis
2. to increase the reward gained from capturing and razing it

thank god you keep the cap

phew all my jumping up and down payed off eh :P

thanks michael , you may keep me as a paying customer yet :D

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 13  Next