It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:33 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next
 Post subject: Updates! December 14th, 2009
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:30 pm 
Captain
Captain

There's many good things coming down the pipe guys, alliance chat is coming along and we're close to having a finished product. Several of the staff were testing out the system today and it's going to be very cool! Below are all the updates that we have currently placed on the RC worlds only. Please test the heck out of them and report back any issues you may find in this thread! Once we've had the updates there for at least 1-2 days with no issues left to fix we'll update the live servers. For any questions, comments, problems, etc please reply to this thread!

Update List:

1. Added: New server list page, separated tabs for the different themes and a tab for worlds you have active colonies on.

2. Added: Facebook connect is now supported (through facebook battledawn).

3. Tweak: Outpost cost increased to 500 metal, 300 oil and 15 workers, was 300 metal/oil and 10 workers.

4. Added: players can now see all garrisons, metal mines and oil wells in their relics tab in community screen.

5. Fixed: Bug with battle reports being broken and unable to be opened.

6. Fixed: Client no longer forces a full refresh after a boost purchase.

7. Fixed: Token counts on top left refresh properly now, no longer requires a re-log.

8. Fixed: Players can no longer build colonies / outposts or move relics 250 pixels from the vertical borders and 70 pixels from the horizontal borders.

9. Fixed: Flying dragons mouse hit area reduced greatly.

10. Fixed: Docked dragons mouse hit area is now in place.

11. Fixed: Un-iconed events regarding wreckages, metal mine outposts, oil well outposts and UFOs.

12. Fixed: Bug with missiles activating shields.

13. Fixed: Mouse cursor disappearance issues.

14. Fixed: Outposts being upgradable at 12 ticks, now the proper 24 ticks.

15. Fixed: Downgrading outposts can now only be done at 6 control ticks or more.

16. Fixed: Relocation ticks required set to the proper 72 ticks on Fantasy, was 50.

17. Fixed: Pop-up message when trying to relocate with less than 72 ticks said you needed 50, corrected to show the proper 72.

18. Fixed: Vote intervals fixed, now 24hrs regardless of world speed.

19. Fixed: Firing ion cannon at an armed silo will destroy the nuke.

20. Fixed: My conquers list being refreshed properly after liberating a conquer.

21. Fixed: Bogus event stating you killed a spy whenever a spy action is executed.

22. Fixed: Event error when protection runs out and is not manually broken.

23. Fixed: spy infiltration display box size reverted to original

24. Fixed: Infiltration ticks being lost when adding spy protection.

25. Fixed: Overhead not being rounded correctly, this was just off by 1 number sometimes in the management screen, the actual cost of units wasn't affected.

26. Tweaked: Removed vacationed colonies from the scoreboard.

27. Tweaked: Razing outposts now gives 300 metal, 200 oil and 5 workers, downgrading an upgraded outpost(Any non-basic Outpost) gives 400 metal and 200 oil.

28. Tweaked: Joining an alliance will now reset the control ticks of all relics you hold.

29. Tweaked: Resource cap reduced to 10,000 for non supporters, max relocation cost reduced from 15,000 oil to 10,000, supporters cap lowered back to 20,000.
*canceled due to player feedback*

30. Tweaked: Oil boost removed from boost bar
*Canceled this tweak due to player feedback*

31. Tweaked: 15 oil per tick to move squads, lowered from 20.

32. Tweaked: Re-worked worker growth, new formula is:
* Gain workers every 24 ticks
+ Base Growth 40
+ Conquers: 1 per conquer
+ Farm structures: 1, 3, 6, 10 or 15 depending on level.
+ Crystals: 0.04 per crystal.(+1 per 25 crystals)

- Worker Upkeep: -1 per 25 worker population(Was -3 per 50)
- Outpost Upkeep: -0.5 per outpost(was -0.75)
- Army Upkeep: -1 per 30 soldiers(Was -1 per 50)
- Missile Upkeep: -1 per missile

33. Tweaked: Added severe limitations on the capabilities of unregistered accounts to prevent exploitation and any unregistered accounts are automatically deleted 6hrs after placed if not registered.

34. Tweaked: Ion cannon cost lowered to 200E

35. Added: Army statistics page showing the exact total unit count of each type of unit you have.

36. Tweak: Conquers no longer give an outpost and turn into a camp when deleted.

37. Tweak: Breaking protection will now give you a 50% boost to worker metal/oil production and will last for the double the amount of remaining protection ticks you had before breaking protection.

38. Tweak: Overhead increased to 12% per 100 soldiers, was 10% per 100 soldiers.

39. Added: Golden avatar frame boost - adds a golden frame around your colony/castle's avatar.

40. Tweak: Changed boosts costs and benefits:
*Small Energy increased to 40 tokens
*Large Energy inreased to 60 tokens
*Big Storage cost decreased to 50 tokens, lasts for 30 days now.
*Golden Colony increased to 100 tokens
*Metal production increased to 200 tokens and lasts 200 ticks, was 110 tokens for 100 ticks.
*Oil production increased to 170 tokens and lasts 200 ticks, was 90 tokens for 100 ticks.

41. Tweak: Oil production reduced to 12 at level 5, was 14.

42. Tweak: Increased the value of all supporter packages except platinum, changes are:
Copper: 200Tokens (was 100)
Bronze: 400Tokens (was 200)
Silver: 1000Tokens (was 600)
Gold: 1900Tokens (was 1400)

43. Full screen mode added! This feature is available for both supporters and non-supporters and works in Facebook as well! One thing to note is that due to a limitation in Flash you cannot type anything in the game interface while in full screen mode. Unfortunately this is a limitation that is built into the Flash coding and we're unable to work around it :(. Hopefully in the future we'll be able to get a fully functional full screen mode!

44. You now require level 3 metal production to be able to send out attacks. We'll be improving this in the future but this is a quick update to help reduce the spamming happening in all worlds. This coupled with the re-working of breaking protection to give a production boost instead of a lump sum of resources will greatly diminish spam colonies abilities.
*Changed to metal 3 due to player feedback*

45. Ads now appear when refreshing/loading at certain points in the client.

46. Cannot gate into conquered colonies

47. Special colony halo added for relic holders

48. Redesigned tokens page

These updates are not live yet, they are on the RC testing portal worlds only. The RC portal can be accessed here: http://rc.battlegate.net/portal.

Enjoy!
-Andrew

Post subject: Re: Updates! November 20th!
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:53 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major
 YIM  Profile

overall a very good update although I dont like lowering the resource cap but the workers growth looks good but base production should be 30 i think

Gate of Babylon
Top rank 18
Top alliance rank 2

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:55 pm 
Captain
Captain

We may tweak it further but the worker growth is something that is hard to balance out between mid-game and end-game, I'm hoping that this new formula will be more suited to that but we may tweak it further if needed.

-Andrew

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:03 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

I like the updates, but I still think you should get workers from crystals

"Nukes are like hard liquer-They make people feel tougher than they really are"-CSTORM666

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:19 pm 
Captain
Captain

UndeadAngel wrote:
I like the updates, but I still think you should get workers from crystals

This is something we're looking at, we first need to see how this new worker growth formula will work before we start tweaking it and adding in workers from crystals and/or relics.

-Andrew

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:46 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major
 YIM  Profile

No workers from crystals? STILL?

How many times do I have to explain why this is NECESSARY.

+1 per 30 (if we're going on a 12 tick system)

Also, why increase OP upkeep? 0.75 should be lowered to 0.5 if we stayed on the 24 tick system, so it should be 0.25 on a 12 tick system, why are you keeping it at 0.5? This is basically increasing it to 1 per OP on a 24 tick system, which is not good.

There are some neat things in this update, but the continued lack of worker fixing does not make any sense to me.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:41 am 
Captain
Captain

lots of good updates but some not so good updates

you guys seems to be targeting oil reducion for some reason ....

no more oil from boost bar? why not ?

oil costs increased and cap lowered

like i said seems like oil is being targeted to be reduced ? i dont get why though ?

ALSO you forgot to mention a few things

youve increase the cost of small energy boost from 30 tokens to 40 tokens

youve increased the cost of big storage 10 tokens as well ( despite lowering its affect by 10k which makes no sense )

goldne colony upgrade is now 100 tokens instead of 30

large energy boost is up 10 tokens

oil rpduction boost is up by 10 tokens

also youve added a new boost option , golden avatar - shows a golden frame around your avatar to show you love and support batledawn . duration : entire round = cost 100 tokens

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:26 am 
Captain
Captain

psg188 wrote:
No workers from crystals? STILL?

How many times do I have to explain why this is NECESSARY.

+1 per 30 (if we're going on a 12 tick system)

Also, why increase OP upkeep? 0.75 should be lowered to 0.5 if we stayed on the 24 tick system, so it should be 0.25 on a 12 tick system, why are you keeping it at 0.5? This is basically increasing it to 1 per OP on a 24 tick system, which is not good.

There are some neat things in this update, but the continued lack of worker fixing does not make any sense to me.

The amount you get from conquers hasn't changed, it's still +1 growth per conquer so 1 conquer = 2 outposts, or 100 soldiers, or 1 nuke in terms of covering the upkeep cost. We didn't cut the conquer amount and now you get it twice a day so it is overall an improvement in worker growth for the majority of the world. See how this pans out first before we look at adding in workers from crystals.

-Andrew

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:58 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major
 YIM  Profile

What the hell!

We've been yelling and screaming about workers from crystals for ages, you've shoved out 2-3 updates since we started and each time tell us that you'll "see how it goes" and "it will be in the next one" and this is the line of crap we're being fed right now.

Here's what's happening, you lowered the number of players in an alliance by 10 members which increased the number of OPs people need to hold per person for the same effect. Then you increased the cost of holding these new OPs.

You also increased the worker upkeep as well.

The only thing that has been given an increased effect on workers are conquers and facilities... conquers were the only source before, which guess what... WASN'T SOLVING OUR PROBLEM! Giving more from Facilities means you are rewarding just building structures and being mindlessly diligent with tedious conquering all round... where's the reward for being smart and grabbing crystals? Where's the reward for holding lots of ground? Conquers? No... that's what conquers USED to reward, but they rotate so fast now that this is not realistic.

My growth in E4 will go from +31 to +32 in the new model. Yes I know this is more than double my earlier growth since it's every 12 ticks... but this will not hold... my army is small, my population is small, my OP count is small, while my conquer count is average. People's upkeeps will shoot up and conquers won't increase that much, if we stay diligent all round in conquering we'll be able to maintain worker growth but this sort of tedious play is not what I do BD for, I do it for fighting wars, which give you crystals and not conquers. Late game in the old client you were rewarded with food from crystals and relics, why not now? They served as a late game replacement for conquers, but for some reason you think conquers can replace them, this is not the case!

Here's what you need to do, lower OP upkeep down to 0.25 per OP, decrease workers from conquers down to 0.5... ADD WORKERS FROM CRYSTALS! 1 per 30!

This is not that complicated, there is no reason to blow us off AGAIN. I'm getting really really sick of it...

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:54 pm 
Captain
Captain

Updated first post with some other features/tweaks.

Worker growth formula re-worked again with the addition of workers from crystals.

-Andrew

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next