It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: Server Updated
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:39 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major
 YIM  Profile

it isnt that distracting i cant donate because i have no money its hard enough just to keep my internet i just miss the broadcast bar at the top

Gate of Babylon
Top rank 18
Top alliance rank 2

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:45 am 
Captain
Captain

I don't mind the boost bar.
I just dont like the puke green color of it :lol:
And i'm already getting used to it. I don't mind it. Either way i'm here for the game not what my screen looks like..
Seems pointless to complain if you ask me......

Old Client
ExSo{e7}-#1
OTHG{e6}-#1
TdCt{E4}-#1
New Client
NASA{E3}-#1
KoTu{F1}-#1
CRAP{E1}-#2

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:31 am 
Major
Major

Just like the admin said:

"The only problem is the big green button, but you can see 20% more of the screen. WHERE IS THE DOWNSIDE!?

Zhester: *You're :D

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:00 am 
Corporal
Corporal

The boost button was a small annoyance, and I'm getting used to it already...

But broadcasts at the bottom of the screen is really the annoying thing... :|

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:49 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Admins. Battle Dawn is a pretty good game. But you are going to ruin it if you do not resolve the resource problem you just introduced.

Just after the update I acquired 250 crystals on E2. I receive LESS per tick in resources than prior. I understand you want people to boost -- and I guarantee NO ONE has boosted more than me on E2 -- so I don't hold it against you.

But you will dry up your user community if it is IMPOSSIBLE to compete without resources being boosted. Crystals and relics and the rest must be a real motivation and benefit.

I happen to be a booster, but, if a person is playing without that advantage and finds no matter HOW far ahead he gets of others he can't compete, it's going to hurt you in the long run.

I'd really look into this.

E2 is done, so I don't care. But for future eras, it's a brutally poor imbalance you just created.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:55 am 
Sergeant
Sergeant

Oluvai wrote:
Admins. Battle Dawn is a pretty good game. But you are going to ruin it if you do not resolve the resource problem you just introduced.

Just after the update I acquired 250 crystals on E2. I receive LESS per tick in resources than prior. I understand you want people to boost -- and I guarantee NO ONE has boosted more than me on E2 -- so I don't hold it against you.

But you will dry up your user community if it is IMPOSSIBLE to compete without resources being boosted. Crystals and relics and the rest must be a real motivation and benefit.

I happen to be a booster, but, if a person is playing without that advantage and finds no matter HOW far ahead he gets of others he can't compete, it's going to hurt you in the long run.

I'd really look into this.

E2 is done, so I don't care. But for future eras, it's a brutally poor imbalance you just created.

Your are not the only one that is receiving less income, everyone is, you get 0.5income per tick before and i think it has been changed, this is create better competition since the big alliance always have a huge amount of crystals.

OC E6 #1 USMC BFPT
NC E5 #1 GS

Member:
NC E2 #1 KoH
M2 Meow
M3 #1 FMJ

Highest rank: #3
Highest power: 98
Career relics held: 4
Highest crystal: 148

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:04 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

The problem with big alliances isn't that they have too many crystals. It's that they are allowed to be too big, if you find that a problem.

I'm aware I'm not the only one receiving fewer resources. I realize it's a systemic problem that was not well thought out. I'm writing because as a HUGE, heavy token abuser they'll pay attention to cause I buy them lots of new shoes and stuff :).

And, I'm telling you, this WILL tear apart the core player of Battle Dawn.

This update was ALL about making it HARDER to be a free player.

Voting period is extended, thus fewer free resources.

OP dismantling, less.

Crystals, less.

Relics, less.

Conquers no longer get a benefit if the conquered is actually playing and building. It's a flat rate. Therefore, less.

But, if you hit the thing that's more, the big Boost button, which I hit so very frequently, you can compete. That I'm a booster removes me of the problems others will face from this, but the intent is clear. The game wants people to boost.

The problem is, it goes about expressing that desire by doing the one thing assured to get less of it. The way you get MORE of it is by enticing the free player to grow a monster empire he wants to protect and realizes he can not unless he boosts when he's threatened.

If 271 crystals are less valuable than 20, you will ultimately dry the user base up, because there's no reason to do much of anything. I'm saying this to be helpful.

This update was designed to feature the boost option. It'll kill the free gamer. If you want, give everyone BUT me the benefit of crystals and relics and conquers. This was a very poorly thought out move.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:35 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

Let me clarify, I was against the points drop, resource drop, and a few other select things. The screen was just a pest, and honestly shouldn't have been brought up in this thread.

My complaint is similar to what Oluvai has said. The updates make it far harder for non-boosters to compete, and gives them little to no compensation in return. I myself have and will continue to boost occasionally when the need arises, but I don't want to NEED boosts just to keep up, and resource-wise everything gives you such a little bonus now that boosts are the only way to make up for that loss. Crystals have become pointless to gather, or very nearly so, and relics are only there for alliance victories at this point. Conquers are wastes of time as well with the new rules on inactivity/vacationing colonies.

Open BD: Classic and you'll have my money guaranteed, along with a VERY large majority of players who miss OC.

OC
E6 USMC/BFPT #1

NC
E1 V #1
E2 SAGE #1
E5 GS #1
M2 MEOW #1
M3 FMJ BFPT M2U #1
F5 BFPT #1

Creator Of Better Faster Purple Turtle

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:46 pm 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

vote didn't extend, they made is 24 hours, go to single tick and it's still 24. most sites only allow voting every 24 hours, thats why..

Thank you Michael
http://www.battledawn.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=111&t=15076
Thank you developers
(^-check out the topics)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:48 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major
 YIM  Profile

Relics weren't changed, and the crystal income lowering isn't that bad as it's still higher than where crystal income used to be. What they need to do is simply give worker income from crystals and get some of the resource OPs out there and a lot of these will balance out.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next