It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: Updates! October 13th!
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:28 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major
 YIM  Profile

Dawnstar wrote:
I agree with Simmen. I can see how 24 members is too much, i.e: GS, XI both rule the worlds they currently play on

But 14 members in one alliance?! thats a bit too much of a drop..

Well 24 was a huge jump.

Dawnstar wrote:
something like 16 maybe, but with 14 members, you go back to the old client where the top 5 alliances were within a few k score of each other.

GOOD!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:44 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

Jasper Alexander wrote:
apollo wrote:
Andrew, ur killing my roster here >.>

But I do like the 14 member limit. Makes worlds more challenging. So that instead of like in XI and LOZ case, one alliance dominating, we'll have 3 or more top, first class alliances fighting for control.

Wrong, your forgetting the sheer fact that LoZ has sub's and alliances such as XI and XXIV (before it wen't down the hill) aren't to common and will never be defeatable without an alliance consisting of pure legends.

12 of both can still dominate.

There is enough competition on the worlds without over-powered alliances, E4 for example (First HKF Vs DOOM Vs S, then HKF VS S VS Oil then FaF Vs DRAW Vs S and now DRAW VS S).

E3 with Nasa, Neko, Mes and earlier HKF.

E5 with FRXX and the other alliances (MoB was one right?)

I think this encourages sub use, in a fact, it forces sub use because there will be an overload of players needing a new alliance, and 2 players can't conquer Antartica. :S

Apollo is talking about LOZ on m4 currently. They have twice the score of the second rank alliance and keeps growing stronger. Even with the reduce numbers doesn't mean 1 alliance won't dominate the others. On some old client eras that happened. Some used subs and others didn't.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:11 pm 
Private
Private

when is this world going to end :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:27 am 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

this is updates not a world :P
but F3 will restarts today or wedensday :(

Thank you Michael
http://www.battledawn.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=111&t=15076
Thank you developers
(^-check out the topics)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:45 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

well im not a fan of this 14 limit, many planned rosters have to be changed now, prehaps kicking out slightly newer players and keeping all the experianced players. Due to this update, i was kicked out of an upcoming e4 alliance.

Besides that, the new layout is horrible. Honestly, the worst layout i have ever seen.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:11 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major
 YIM  Profile

i actually like the new interface with the exception of moving the broadcast bar to the bottom a big no no because less people will pay attention to it

Gate of Babylon
Top rank 18
Top alliance rank 2

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:27 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

deathclaw wrote:
Jasper Alexander wrote:
apollo wrote:
Andrew, ur killing my roster here >.>

But I do like the 14 member limit. Makes worlds more challenging. So that instead of like in XI and LOZ case, one alliance dominating, we'll have 3 or more top, first class alliances fighting for control.

Wrong, your forgetting the sheer fact that LoZ has sub's and alliances such as XI and XXIV (before it wen't down the hill) aren't to common and will never be defeatable without an alliance consisting of pure legends.

12 of both can still dominate.

There is enough competition on the worlds without over-powered alliances, E4 for example (First HKF Vs DOOM Vs S, then HKF VS S VS Oil then FaF Vs DRAW Vs S and now DRAW VS S).

E3 with Nasa, Neko, Mes and earlier HKF.

E5 with FRXX and the other alliances (MoB was one right?)

I think this encourages sub use, in a fact, it forces sub use because there will be an overload of players needing a new alliance, and 2 players can't conquer Antartica. :S

Apollo is talking about LOZ on m4 currently. They have twice the score of the second rank alliance and keeps growing stronger. Even with the reduce numbers doesn't mean 1 alliance won't dominate the others. On some old client eras that happened. Some used subs and others didn't.

Errr, LoZ M4 got subs.

Broadcast bar is still on top... Whats wrong with you bork?

And actually, Kane, the game is meant to be won. Simply by getting 10 relics, economicly it's smarter to. Seeing the fact that donations have a way of first going up quickly and then going down rapidly, it's actually very good for the game if servers end quickly ;)

Alexander
Product Manager
Battle Dawn

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:27 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major
 YIM  Profile

Winning quickly with 10 relics is not fun, there's no challenge in it. It will drive people away, which is less on donations.

10 relics is not supposed to be the average, that is supposed to be the best you can do... if it is common, where is the sense of accomplishment?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:15 pm 
Captain
Captain

psg188 wrote:
Winning quickly with 10 relics is not fun, there's no challenge in it. It will drive people away, which is less on donations.

10 relics is not supposed to be the average, that is supposed to be the best you can do... if it is common, where is the sense of accomplishment?

Precisely, winning the round with all 10 relics needs to remain a challenge to achieve, if worlds end faster it hurts us in the long run because with less competition and challenge there's less reason to continue playing.

I added a few more things to the updates list, referrals got a boost and also there's 100 free bonus tokens to all players the first time they finish or skip the tutorial in any world!

-Andrew

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:09 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Andrew I have concerns about the bonus 100 bonus tokens

what are the limitations to it? would hate to hear that players join a world get tokens then delete

I know bonus tokens don't give all the actions regular tokens do but I would not like the idea exploited

and I personally like this just a tad worried

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 13  Next