It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: Updates! October 13th!
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:14 pm 
Captain
Captain

Zhester wrote:
Andrew wrote:

14. Conquered colonies cannot be used as a gate point

Why?

Scenario:

Colony gets kicked and conquered from an alliance because they weren't following the rules, helping out the alliance, etc. They are still in the middle of their old alliance's hive area, they then join the enemy of their old alliance and instantly the enemy alliance can use that colony to gate into and attack that alliance and there's nothing they can do about it until they've conquered the colony for 48 ticks and can force relocate.

Beyond that scenario and others the basic point is if you are conquered you don't have absolute control over your colony and cannot therefor be used as a gate point.

Hope that helps!
-Andrew

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:53 pm 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

btw. there is a kind of bug that i know others have, i also got it. it show as locked when you enter so you can't post on this topic :S
only when i get in by clicking the "update" link in admins latest mass i could reply.

but the conquered rule seem ok, prevent a random colony being set up from being a relication spot

Thank you Michael
http://www.battledawn.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=111&t=15076
Thank you developers
(^-check out the topics)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:58 pm 
Private
Private

Fantastic!! keep up the great work i spread the news to more people about battledawn and to vote

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:58 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
 YIM  Profile

Yeah, I get the same thing. I can only post if I come here from the in-game update message, but not from the forums.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:32 am 
Private
Private

Andrew, what the hell dude?

150 metal/oil for raising outposts? Dude you know my stragety for keeping up with the donators is taking OPs and raising them. Yall are killing my game now. First you add server after server and take away half the players to make it harder for the little guy to catch up to the big players now you're taking away my source of extra income? Damn dude, I might just have to leave Battle Dawn for good after all these unwelcomed changes that yall are making.

And the conquering system you're proposing is totally flawed, what if all we have is 5 conquers with 200 workers? Where if those 5 conquers would have great upgrades they'd give more metal/oil, like in the old system?

Plus you're gonna force us to build warp gates near our central cluster in order to warp anything anywhere... Thats a huge security risk because what if a larger alliance comes in and takes that gate? Then they have just as much access as they would from the colony.

Flawed, dude, very flawed...

Ugh, you're killin me.

-Merchant of Death-

3 years experience, couldnt name all the alliances I've been in if I tried.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:35 am 
Private
Private

are you kidding 18 peopple man i wish it would stay the same not looking foraword to the new update any way i got good people in mine just looks like there are going to be a lot of subs again always get confised with subs you attack one alience then an alie attacks you saying you attacked there sub :?

dont update that admins keep it the same

also looking forward to the metal mines thing i am going to force my whole alience in to building 3 each 18 X 5 X 3 = 270 yes more metal for me
update that faster

masterbox9 wrote:
and one more thing a wreckage going to look like an outpost maby ? and how big a reward do they have

Am I really that old? Does no one remember wreckage from the old servers? Jeez

3 years experience, couldnt name all the alliances I've been in if I tried.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:14 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Andrew wrote:
Zhester wrote:
Andrew wrote:

14. Conquered colonies cannot be used as a gate point

Why?

Scenario:

Colony gets kicked and conquered from an alliance because they weren't following the rules, helping out the alliance, etc. They are still in the middle of their old alliance's hive area, they then join the enemy of their old alliance and instantly the enemy alliance can use that colony to gate into and attack that alliance and there's nothing they can do about it until they've conquered the colony for 48 ticks and can force relocate.

Beyond that scenario and others the basic point is if you are conquered you don't have absolute control over your colony and cannot therefor be used as a gate point.

Hope that helps!
-Andrew

That's a bad scenario indeed. I wish there was some way to avoid that, because conquered colonies are sometimes vital for me to kill enemy units... All I can think of is making it so you need max control ticks to gate colony to colony... Then you could force relocate them before they could gate.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:31 pm 
Captain
Captain

MerchantOfDeath wrote:
Plus you're gonna force us to build warp gates near our central cluster in order to warp anything anywhere... Thats a huge security risk because what if a larger alliance comes in and takes that gate? Then they have just as much access as they would from the colony.

What? Sorry I don't understand how this update makes you do that...

I added and tweaked some things on the front post guys so please take a look again there.

Alliance sizes are being lowered again to 12 for fantasy/mars and 14 for Earth, to re-iterate this is NOT going into effect on all worlds now, it will go into effect upon reset, F3 will be the first world to have the new values. The alliance sizes are just too large and mars/fantasy are such small maps that anything more than 12 is too much. In the future we may look at the Earth cap again once the population levels are higher but for now it will stay at 14 players. Spies were changed quite a bit and nukes had their worker cost practically removed to build them. The 1 worker cost is due to radiation poisoning in Earth/Mars worlds and for the Dragons well... you have to make a human sacrifice to summon one ;).

-Andrew

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:49 pm 
Captain
Captain

Please do not double post.

~Hero

Old Client
ExSo{e7}-#1
OTHG{e6}-#1
TdCt{E4}-#1
New Client
NASA{E3}-#1
KoTu{F1}-#1
CRAP{E1}-#2

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:43 pm 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

i said ok to 18 on earth and 14 on fantacy, and 12 on fantasy is ok. but 14 on earth?!

i think it's getting a bit low, at 18 most alliances would have to let in a few unknown people, i'm planing to join a alliance and we are taking in 5 new people, now we can take 1 =/

and 18 is a good size, plz change it back :(

Thank you Michael
http://www.battledawn.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=111&t=15076
Thank you developers
(^-check out the topics)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 13  Next