It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Upcoming Changes - What do YOU think?
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:36 pm 
Captain
Captain

We had a discussion today in the staff about changing several mechanics of resource production from taxation and crystals/relics. We came up with several tweaks which are probably going to change game play a lot. Our goal is to add more focus to attacking stronger players for more crystals instead of just keeping weaker colonies under your thumb. These values are final after much consideration but are subject to change based on the community's feedback in this thread. We're looking for all players that wish to have a say to voice feedback on what they think about the below updates, please keep it constructive, state reasons why if you think the values below are not good and also if you disagree with them to instead recommend different values. These changes would be Battle Dawn wide and take effect immediately on ALL Earth, Mars and Fantasy worlds.

Relics
Current: 10 metal/oil per tick for all alliance members, 250 score for the owner.
Proposed Tweak: 20 metal/oil per tick and 500 score

Crystals
Current: 0.2 metal/oil per crystal per tick for all members in the alliance rounded up, 25 score per crystal to the owner.
Proposed Tweak: 0.5 metal/oil per crystal and 40 score.

Taxation
Current: 10 % of metal/oil production given each tick, no maximum amount of taxation that a colony can get.
Proposed Tweak: Removed, will not be tweaked after much dislike :).

Please post any questions as well if anything is unclear, thanks!
-Andrew

Post subject: Re: Upcoming Changes - What do YOU think?
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:08 pm 
Private
Private

Andrew, the taxation thing upsets me greatly, if I've earned 700 metal and oil from my conquers, why is it fair to me that I cannot recieve it? I do not support that 1%

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:10 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

i don't like the Taxation cap

your doing your best to get more conquer for Taxation and now you got a limit?

and what about the workers? 50 workers in 24 ticks is low!
they realy need 2 chance that i got 1 workers on e3 becuase i got much units lol!

Alliance in the past:Prr,Zdg,Bdt,Loz,Meow,Mes,Sold,Gs,Fmj,PS,INDO,Wic,TSK,ST
best rank:1
most crystals:356
most relics one round:4

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:15 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

I really don't like the Taxation Cap! :cry: It makes conquering after you hit the Taxation Cap totally pointless! If you guys are going to put in a Taxation Cap then i suggest something a LOT higher than that! I am almost certain that any player that has received more tax than the Taxation Cap will post here on how they don't like it!

Day of Darkness

RIP Mo.
Thanks Kenny.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:18 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

crystal/relics scores: sounds ok to me...

taxation limits: i think that this has gone too far... today's battledawn is way more unfair for good players than the old one.
you canceled XP which was the only real mechanism to award really good players. you limited workers and you canceled the need of maintenance. all those are against good players.

what's next? limit the size of each player's army to 200 workers? wiping all the armies every 500 ticks?

yesterday when i talked with kane about the workers limitation, i had a good idea... every player who make more than 50 workers a day should be banned for being too good... as nonsense as it was maybe we are getting there...

bottom line... BIG NO to the limitation. oh wait... make it a BIG HELL NO.

and just so you know im not biased... i have never made more than 400 metal per tick from conquered colonies.

psg188 wrote:
There are a few lessons to learn here:
#5 Don't fight Avi

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:23 pm 
Captain
Captain

I'm ok with the idea, you should be more properly rewarded for crystals and relics. Although I think the cap should be a bit higher.

Probably makes the game a bit more balanced as well since not all of us can sit on BD 24/7 and build up 200 conquers in the first few weeks.

bfan8475 wrote:
If i cant put up better comebacks to your insults then its called bullying since i cant put up a fight

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:24 pm 
Private
Private

If I've earned +600 metal from my conquers, I'm going to want that 600 metal. If u got payed $40,000 a year, and ur employer suddenly said: "we're only paying you $25,000 because it's unfair to those that make less than you"

/communism?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:32 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Redwurm wrote:
I'm ok with the idea, you should be more properly rewarded for crystals and relics. Although I think the cap should be a bit higher.

Probably makes the game a bit more balanced as well since not all of us can sit on BD 24/7 and build up 200 conquers in the first few weeks.

why should it be balanced among the players?... it's a war game... shouldn't the better player win?...

psg188 wrote:
There are a few lessons to learn here:
#5 Don't fight Avi

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:38 pm 
Private
Private

i dont agree with the tax cap
instead raise the crystal value so people go after crystals too.
But no tax cap

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:39 pm 
Captain
Captain

aviturg wrote:
Redwurm wrote:

why should it be balanced among the players?... it's a war game... shouldn't the better player win?...

Better or more active?

bfan8475 wrote:
If i cant put up better comebacks to your insults then its called bullying since i cant put up a fight

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next