It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:05 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Change Log 30th September
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:43 pm 
Private
Private

Dommmmy wrote:
cutting token by half will only make the donaters stronger and those that cannot buy tokens leave the game, cus they simply cant fight those with tokens

also people who donate sort of have a right to more power since they are helping the game develop and i'm not too sure about this next possible fact it might help put food on the table for the admins i guess.... i think they have normal jobs too

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:46 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

rivaris wrote:
how about you cut the cost of tokens in half aswell then seeing thats what all these changes are aimed at getting people to buy more tokens to stay on top.

thats not the point yes it would be nice but its to selfish for supporters!
The point is this is a free game and someperson with no money should be able to do as well or better then someone who buys tokens.
with these things there is no way for that to happen.

Even with these mines you conquer for m/o for whole alliance the only alliances to get them will be the ones who buy tokens for the big start so they get even more for there money.

thats what many dont see the one with the biggest army holds the rest down. This is the game! all this does it make it so tokens buy the troops that take the oil wells and metal mines to get even more for the money.

Point is how do we get new players to stay longer get then more involed behind the sences like all the great alliances.

We were all newbs once and the core of this game is from old cleint were it was even harder to get back up from bieng conquered.

nc its wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy to easy to get a good rank after being conquerd the way it is trust me i have proved this ask some vets on m3. with no tokens!

here is the thing we as core players talk in chat rooms and on msn just like pogo but in bd there is mesg but its no msn or chat room.

put that in game make it so when you join BD you go in NEWB alliance again

but all alliances have there own chat room once these new players start planing together and talking they will stay atleast a lot more.

Only thing is if you leave NEWB alliance you can join other alliance same tick unless you stay in it say 24 ticks past protection is fair

i say thats your saveing grace

I say all the great and good players allready do this just with msn or chat room or aim or any group talk it seems if you dont do this you dont stand a chance at winning. from what i have seen

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:48 pm 
Private 1st class
Private 1st class

well even the tweak u made doesn't make it any better..

still the same problem is here...BAD UPDATE....BAD TWEAK!!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:51 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Andrew wrote:
1) Overhead HAS NOT changed, please read the changelog carefully, UPKEEP changed, it's quite a minor one too and it will affect your worker growth slightly but has NOTHING to do with unit costs and won't affect anything else.

6) As it stands right now the large metal/oil boosts give a minimum of 6,000 and a maximum of 12,000. The change to the formula is simply that every tick the minimum amounts you get from the metal/oil boosts increases by 1. The amount you get is based off the current world average stockpile of metal or oil, depending which you are buying, of all the colonies in that server. If the amount calculated is less than the minimum then you will receive the minimum and if it is higher than the maximum then you will receive the maximum.

I've spoken with the programmers and we've tweaked the #12 change so that it is 1% every 24hrs instead of 2%. Also the Training Base Bug has been fixed and confirmed working, log out and then back in should fix it, clear cache if it is still happening after that. It may take a tick before you see the corrected taxation amounts. Also I've updated the first post to reflect these changes and another change to crystals was added so please review the first post again.

-Andrew

i think you will find its not enough we allready gave up 2% then 2% canged to 1% thats 3% the numbers are super low as it is and we just keep makeing them smaller ?

at one time it was 10% and we all loved it and filled the severs every one was happy! now we got 8% and 7% before that newb quits

Thats a ton taxes cut by a 1/3 i wish you were voted into office and ran the USA its way to much of an change

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:54 pm 
Private
Private

Quote:
12. conquers which are inactive for more than a day, pay 2% taxes less every 24 hrs. meaning, if you conquer someone, you better talk with him and teach him the game so he'll stay active!

THIS IS RIDICULOUS, even at 1%. I have enough difficulty being responsible for my own play, now I'm expected to be responsible for 100+ others? It's not my job to hold hands and make the game enjoyable for other people, it's your job to make the game enjoyable enough to keep players interested. If you can't do that, you shouldn't be punishing the people who do enjoy it by forcing them to do it for you. You're essentially bucking responsibility to others because we have the misfortune of being active and successful. Greeeeeat plan, really...

Further, there's nothing stopping an "active" person from manipulating these rules into a weapon against their conquerors, logging in only to build an army once their reserves are maxed and then going "inactive" again. At any angle this is a terrible, terrible idea. 2%, 1% or otherwise.

Regarding the scoring/power changes as well as the above, it is EXTREMELY poor tact and outright disrespectful to your players to have these sorts of fundamental and widespread changes take effect immediately in current rounds. Some of us(me) have been playing with a certain mindset and strategy based on the old scoring and rule systems. You've basically turned that on its head. It's like moving the finish line in the middle of a foot race, except you've moved it ahead for some and further back for others.

To give you an example my strategy was to forgo playing it safe and building a big army with lots of workers in favour of taking bigger risks and getting many more conquers, since they gave the most power and income. Now not only do I have about a thousand less score and a hundred less power, but due to #12 it apparently wasn't worth the sacrifice as I have about three hundred fifty less resources per tick coming in.

Relative my direct competitors I dropped off a huge amount. I was 2nd with a slight edge over 3rd place, now I'm 5th and the players I was neck and neck with are way ahead. I know I'm not the only one like this, several people in my alliance dropped 6 and 7 ranks or more.

It would have been a great deal more fair and respectful to wait until the next generation of servers and rounds before implementing these changes. And of course not at all for #12

I am really disappointed by this patch and don't see a point in continuing to play if at any moment I could get shafted like this again.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:55 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

i hate number 12, as when my conqures go inactive, i cant stop it. just make it so we dont loose any resources, and this will be a great update.

---KoTU---

---BD Mentor---

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:57 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major
 YIM  Profile

they are all good except 12

THIS KILLS ALL NON VET PLAYERS PERIOD

they dont have alot of crystals and wont be able to hold one of those resource things so their main income is conquers

Gate of Babylon
Top rank 18
Top alliance rank 2

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:59 pm 
Private 1st class
Private 1st class

FatsOPP wrote:
Quote:

Regarding the scoring/power changes as well as the above, it is EXTREMELY poor tact and outright disrespectful to your players to have these sorts of fundamental and widespread changes take effect immediately in current rounds. Some of us(me) have been playing with a certain mindset and strategy based on the old scoring and rule systems. You've basically turned that on its head. It's like moving the finish line in the middle of a foot race, except you've moved it ahead for some and further back for others.

To give you an example my strategy was to forgo playing it safe and building a big army with lots of workers in favour of taking bigger risks and getting many more conquers, since they gave the most power and income. Now not only do I have about a thousand less score and a hundred less power, but due to #12 it apparently wasn't worth the sacrifice as I have about three hundred fifty less resources per tick coming in.

Relative my direct competitors I dropped off a huge amount. I was 2nd with a slight edge over 3rd place, now I'm 5th and the players I was neck and neck with are way ahead. I know I'm not the only one like this, several people in my alliance dropped 6 and 7 ranks or more.

It would have been a great deal more fair and respectful to wait until the next generation of servers and rounds before implementing these changes. And of course not at all for #12

I am really disappointed by this patch and don't see a point in continuing to play if at any moment I could get shafted like this again.

EXACTLY...i was shifted from rank 2 to rank 4 Suddenly cause u guys just don't know when to make an update effective... u can't just do a score update in the middle of the round!! its so unfair for alot of player that had certain strategies and now they have to change how they rule their game.. u actually ruined this round for me:S:SS:S

Post subject: Re: Updates! September 30th
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:04 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Michael wrote:
changes:

Upcoming changes in the next update of Battle Dawn:
a. Wreckages
b. UFO
c. NPC metal mines (gold mines) and NPC wells (lumber mills) controlling them will produce for your entire alliance a nice extra amount of resources per tick
d. In-game Chat

what about experience?

Leader of the #1 alliance TCW

http://prod.battlegate.net/forum/viewto ... 111&t=4690
THANKS MICHEAL (BD creator)

Post subject: Re: Updates! September 30th
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:06 pm 
Private 1st class
Private 1st class

maanco549 wrote:
Michael wrote:
changes:

Upcoming changes in the next update of Battle Dawn:
a. Wreckages
b. UFO
c. NPC metal mines (gold mines) and NPC wells (lumber mills) controlling them will produce for your entire alliance a nice extra amount of resources per tick
d. In-game Chat

what about experience?

why change experience?? they want old good players to quit anyway by those updates..so y even bother to do a good thing about experience??

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next