It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Change Log 30th September
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:19 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

I cannot make units via my training base, no1 in my alliance can either on all servers

OC E6 #1 USMC BFPT
NC E5 #1 GS

Member:
NC E2 #1 KoH
M2 Meow
M3 #1 FMJ

Highest rank: #3
Highest power: 98
Career relics held: 4
Highest crystal: 148

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:20 pm 
Private 1st class
Private 1st class

Andrew wrote:
If anyone else has any issues(Technical issues not complaints ;)) with the new update please report them here so we can address them. Also about update 12: When we get the new metal mine and oil well outposts in place this will compensate for the lost metal/oil from conquers. We'll tweak it for now so that it goes down 1% every 24hrs of inactivity to a max of 5% and get the new metal/oil resource outposts in ASAP. The new metal/oil outposts will give alliance wide production bonuses to whomever conquers them!

-Andrew

Andrew, u have to understand this is the worst update ever made, it will affect everything in game play... try to find another solution that will make players actually win by skill not money...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:22 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

satanisbad wrote:
Mad MAX wrote:
HOW ABOUT MAKE IT ABOUT THE SKILL AND THE TIME THE LATE NIGHTS SETTING ALRAM FOR 4AM AFTER GOING TO BED AT 1AM JUST TO WAKE AND LEAVE FOR SCHOOL OR WORK AT 7AM

If you show the noobs that you conqer that it is about the skill and all the stuff you said then they'll stay and you'll get your income.

i honestly dont mind point 12. that way the noobs get better at the game and the game gets more challeging that way and i always welcome a challenge. more people stay on BD that way too.

here is the thing after all that and i all ready talk to many of my conquers and teach them but it is few because few realy stay

2nd most you talk with get pisst you conquered them

you most be the space sucker who logs 2 times a day and dont care if i or someone spend 3000 tokens a week to own the server becuase you just tag along with that guy when you can and dont realy have any conquers anyway so it dont hurt you any

Last edited by Mad MAX on Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:25 pm 
Private
Private

1. Army upkeep increase every 50 soldiers (instead of 75)
6. large oil/metal boosts minimum amount increases according to tick#
12. conquers which are inactive for more than a day, pay 2% taxes less every 24 hrs. meaning, if you conquer someone, you better talk with him and teach him the game so he'll stay active!

Above are the new updates that i found unfair for players.

Update 1.
Now, each and every player will have to pay more resources for each troop due to overhead, and overhead costs more than used to cost. That means there'll be less troops, meaning less battles, meaning less people willing to player due to slow production of resources.

Update 6.
According to new "heavy" gold/lumber calculation, there'll less resources in the early stage and more in the later stage. Most donators/supporters use their tokens during the early stages to gain maximum advantage, and we rarely use tokens as we gain conquers and produce enough resources for ourselves. It basically means that the number of resources increase at "near-the-end-of-the-round" seem to be useless to supporters. Thus, it forces supporters to buy more tokens in the early stages. I am sorry to say but it seems that money is the key player here and this new Part of the update will cost a lot of money for supporters, such as myself. So, i am fully against this new point.

Regarding update 12:
1. our conquers are inactive, there's nothing we can do about it. When they feel that they cant continue the game with fun, they'll simply quit and we can not do anything about it. So, it's not fair to punish the "Conquerers" for the "Conquers" quitting. And it all goes back to the issue of money again. It seems to me as if the makers of the game is concerning about money. By having more players, the chance of them buying tokens increases, so if the "quitters" are not quitting, they MIGHT buy tokens...so it seems that it is the only reason
2. now that the conquerers are losing the amount of resources each tick, each player will gain less and less resources. Thus, forcing them to use up their tokens to buy resources. So, it comes back to the issue of money again.
3. it just makes the game less "thrilling".

here's a basic eqution i came up with:
less resources+costs of troops increase= less troops= less fightings= less actions= less fun= less attraction= less people willing to pay money in exchange for tokens.

That is all i have to say regarding the new updates.
Thanks,
Silentknight.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:29 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

silentknight wrote:
6. large oil/metal boosts minimum amount increases according to tick#
12. conquers which are inactive for more than a day, pay 2% taxes less every 24 hrs. meaning, if you conquer someone, you better talk with him and teach him the game so he'll stay active!

Above are the new updates that i found unfair for players.

Update 1.
Now, each and every player will have to pay more resources for each troop due to overhead, and overhead costs more than used to cost. That means there'll be less troops, meaning less battles, meaning less people willing to player due to slow production of resources.

Update 6.
According to new "heavy" gold/lumber calculation, there'll less resources in the early stage and more in the later stage. Most donators/supporters use their tokens during the early stages to gain maximum advantage, and we rarely use tokens as we gain conquers and produce enough resources for ourselves. It basically means that the number of resources increase at "near-the-end-of-the-round" seem to be useless to supporters. Thus, it forces supporters to buy more tokens in the early stages. I am sorry to say but it seems that money is the key player here and this new Part of the update will cost a lot of money for supporters, such as myself. So, i am fully against this new point.

Regarding update 12:
1. our conquers are inactive, there's nothing we can do about it. When they feel that they cant continue the game with fun, they'll simply quit and we can not do anything about it. So, it's not fair to punish the "Conquerers" for the "Conquers" quitting. And it all goes back to the issue of money again. It seems to me as if the makers of the game is concerning about money. By having more players, the chance of them buying tokens increases, so if the "quitters" are not quitting, they MIGHT buy tokens...so it seems that it is the only reason
2. now that the conquerers are losing the amount of resources each tick, each player will gain less and less resources. Thus, forcing them to use up their tokens to buy resources. So, it comes back to the issue of money again.
3. it just makes the game less "thrilling".

here's a basic eqution i came up with:
less resources+costs of troops increase= less troops= less fightings= less actions= less fun= less attraction= less people willing to pay money in exchange for tokens.

That is all i have to say regarding the new updates.
Thanks,
Silentknight.

thats what i was tring to say but i was to upset to put like that! Good way of makeing my point in a way i couldnt.

thanks

(also could be due to the lake of sleep from this damm game)

Last edited by Mad MAX on Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:30 pm 
Private
Private

how about you cut the cost of tokens in half aswell then seeing thats what all these changes are aimed at getting people to buy more tokens to stay on top.

welcome to visawars

Last edited by rivaris on Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:36 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Nic
nayekelkol wrote:
Andrew wrote:
If anyone else has any issues(Technical issues not complaints ;)) with the new update please report them here so we can address them. Also about update 12: When we get the new metal mine and oil well outposts in place this will compensate for the lost metal/oil from conquers. We'll tweak it for now so that it goes down 1% every 24hrs of inactivity to a max of 5% and get the new metal/oil resource outposts in ASAP. The new metal/oil outposts will give alliance wide production bonuses to whomever conquers them!

-Andrew

Andrew, u have to understand this is the worst update ever made, it will affect everything in game play... try to find another solution that will make players actually win by skill not money...

Skill>money Skill>Cheaters it will help out with the cheaters. Nice update

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:38 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

cutting token by half will only make the donaters stronger and those that cannot buy tokens leave the game, cus they simply cant fight those with tokens

OC E6 #1 USMC BFPT
NC E5 #1 GS

Member:
NC E2 #1 KoH
M2 Meow
M3 #1 FMJ

Highest rank: #3
Highest power: 98
Career relics held: 4
Highest crystal: 148

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:41 pm 
Private
Private

Michael wrote:
changes:
2. Changed power calculation: soldiers/10 + workers/25 + conquer count
3. Changed score calculation: crystals * 25 + relics * 500 + 10 * power
4. Cap on max growth rate removed.
5. Vacationed colonies now also get an event when mass bonus is given.
6. large oil/metal boosts minimum amount increases according to tick#.
7. Healing of units moved to the last step of the tick engine.
8. fixed Ban events
9. Profiles and Help screens launched
10. Top voters launched. the top voter is displayed on the community screen. you get 1 crystal each time you complete 200 votes for battle dawn
11. Production boosts re-added
13. reduced the cost of Farm 4 and Farm 5 structures
14. fixed map graphics
15. rank icon formula changed to level = square root of your power. (instead of +1 level every 15 power)

Upcoming changes in the next update of Battle Dawn:
a. Wreckages
b. UFO
c. NPC metal mines (gold mines) and NPC wells (lumber mills) controlling them will produce for your entire alliance a nice extra amount of resources per tick
d. In-game Chat

and much more to come!
stay tuned! :)

whats up with 12 as if getting supplies wasnt slow enough and i feel sorry for those noobies (noobie1) who conquer another noobie (noobie2)how is the noobie (noobie1) gonna tell the other one (noobie2) how to play i bet the first noobie will quit because of how slow he gets resources.... this update is great up until the conquers that is just completely out of left field and sort of uncalled for

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:41 pm 
Captain
Captain

1) Overhead HAS NOT changed, please read the changelog carefully, UPKEEP changed, it's quite a minor one too and it will affect your worker growth slightly but has NOTHING to do with unit costs and won't affect anything else.

6) As it stands right now the large metal/oil boosts give a minimum of 6,000 and a maximum of 12,000. The change to the formula is simply that every tick the minimum amounts you get from the metal/oil boosts increases by 1. The amount you get is based off the current world average stockpile of metal or oil, depending which you are buying, of all the colonies in that server. If the amount calculated is less than the minimum then you will receive the minimum and if it is higher than the maximum then you will receive the maximum.

I've spoken with the programmers and we've tweaked the #12 change so that it is 1% every 24hrs instead of 2%. Also the Training Base Bug has been fixed and confirmed working, log out and then back in should fix it, clear cache if it is still happening after that. It may take a tick before you see the corrected taxation amounts. Also I've updated the first post to reflect these changes and another change to crystals was added so please review the first post again.

-Andrew

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next