It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 184 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 19  Next
 Post subject: Re: Upcoming Update 9 Oct - summerized list with descriptions
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:57 am 
Sergeant
Sergeant

damn micheal dont u go to church :lol:
gr8t update :lol:
i realy like the allie thing its gr8t
before i had problems in killing my sub's army :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:47 am 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

mfreak wrote:
Sorry about the double post, but the other thread was closed and I had to reply here:

Quote:
Allen, with all due respect. I think the ones who made the game know why it was made.

So are you trying to tell me, no one else knows why the delay feature was implemented? Please do educate us.

It was made to help players coordinate attacks. I'm sure a lot of players would have guessed that reason. But it seems like someone thought it was implemented to delay 50 spam squads to preserve oil.

Quote:
Its not a question if its legitimate ways or not. Its a matter of why it was added and the balance of the game. I know we do some things that are "less popular", but that is because we need to think about the balance of the game, and people saving up huge amounts of oil was not taken into concideration when that balance was made. That is why we need to act.

Its ridiculous to think that people can save huge amounts of oil. Dont blindly use "balance" as a reason. What balance are you talking about? What cases did you see that told you people save "huge" amounts of oil? By "huge" what figure is that? 20k oil? 40 k? Remember when people save oil, they dont do anything else. At the max they save 5k oil when they sleep, in an active alliance and in an inactive alliance, the income is just too low to save anything. So you are not balancing anything, you are just taking away an option that people have to legitimately innovate a way to earn resources ingame.

I'm refusing to believe that you could only save up 5k when a noob like me could save up more then that without being in a top alliance. And I've seen people using colonies as oil banks, and those oilbanks having 200k-300k, divide that by 14 and you get around 20k, which is more then the amount you can have without the increased resource cap.

You don't see how 200k-300k extra oil will unbalance a battle, a war and an era?

Quote:
Allen, the reason the amount of resources is lowered is because we want people to be more careful with their units, not thinking "I'll have that army back in 50 ticks anyway with the help of my allies"
Because that is when you have to think tactical, value every unit, think of every step you make

Those changes got nothing to do with boosting,

One thing is to try and give me a reason. Another thing is to try and insult my intelligence. "Be careful with units", are you kidding me? People are always careful. Your agenda is to gradually reduce resources in every world, so you can force people to boost.Thats that.

Quote:
Allen, don't trust "quotes" that have never been said in the first place

What "quotes"? I am intelligent enough to see through the BS thats all. Why would you talk about a "quote" that I never even brought up in the first place, I wonder. Was something really said somewhere, that confirms my claims or what?
`
No, but its clear that your point of view heavily relies on it. Which worries me when it was based on lies.

Quote:
Can you please enlighten me to when it was 18k as I can only recall it being 10k, then increased to 15k?

What did you not play BD :roll: ? It was never 10k dude, It was 18k. That was when I joined BD. When there were settlements and such.

I been around for 4 years :lol:
I remember it was 10k in the old client, and when the new client started it was also 10k, then later increased to 15k. I honestly can't remember it ever being 18k (weird number for a cap :shock: ),

Quote:
Allen, the feature was never meant to be used in such a way. Therefore it was always looked on the way we want to look at it. You should look at how this effect the gameplay and only help those who are already the strongest.

Thats not even a reason. This is a strategy game. There is no "this is the way it was suppoesed to be" concept here. If you want to make a pattern based game with a rock, paper and scissors approach to everything, then that is no strategy game at all. Strategy should allow room for innovation and everytime someone is creative enough, that has to be restricted for the purpose of forcing boosting. Oil saving is a common thing in BD and it does not just help the strongest. It helps everyone.

It helps those who makes the most oil have even more oil in a case of war. How is that not helping the strongest?

Quote:
As I've said a couple times before. It is not about the money, but about the balance and not letting those who are already have the power and advantage get a even larger one.

That is just one reason of yours I dont believe. Nothing you do, actually "balances" the game. Balance what against what? Balance the game between boosters and non boosters? NO. Its about balancing the need for resources ingame, and token spending or should I say, unbalance it, so that people spend more. Spending more is not the problem, even I am ready to spend. But trying to suck money out of people, is what makes you feel cheated.

As I said earlier. Yes, we want less resources in play, but for the sake of the game, the strategy the balance; not making money.

Thank you Michael
http://www.battledawn.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=111&t=15076
Thank you developers
(^-check out the topics)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:04 am 
Private
Private

I'm only going to say one thing here, and that is, of course BD wants to make money. They're hiring more admins than ever, and more dev people. They need to pay them. So what better way to do that, than to put it on us. I want more for money, and it seems I'm getting less. Higher token prices, I have to use tokens more often now, and there are very few cases where you will win without using tokens. And now people are resorting to cheating and farming more than ever in order to attempt to increase their resources. There are less and less players on every world. There are less crystals on every world now as well. on M1 there can't be more than 400 crystals on the server. That is disgusting. There needs to be more crystals, more resource outposts, and more ways to get, and save resources. Such as oil.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:17 am 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

francois1996 wrote:
damn micheal dont u go to church :lol:
gr8t update :lol:
i realy like the allie thing its gr8t
before i had problems in killing my sub's army :lol:

I think you misunderstood. It will prevent you from fighting your alliance. Its not common that it happened, but it has been completely removed now.

apollo wrote:
I'm only going to say one thing here, and that is, of course BD wants to make money. They're hiring more admins than ever, and more dev people. They need to pay them. So what better way to do that, than to put it on us. I want more for money, and it seems I'm getting less. Higher token prices, I have to use tokens more often now, and there are very few cases where you will win without using tokens. And now people are resorting to cheating and farming more than ever in order to attempt to increase their resources. There are less and less players on every world. There are less crystals on every world now as well. on M1 there can't be more than 400 crystals on the server. That is disgusting. There needs to be more crystals, more resource outposts, and more ways to get, and save resources. Such as oil.

The amount of crystals in a world will increase. Trough crystals and relics and garrisons. I would have liked to see those on this update, but we still have a couple more things to work out. As for more resource mines, I think (don't hold me to this) that there will be an increase in the amount.

Thank you Michael
http://www.battledawn.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=111&t=15076
Thank you developers
(^-check out the topics)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:23 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

simmen wrote:
The amount of crystals in a world will increase. Trough crystals and relics and garrisons. I would have liked to see those on this update, but we still have a couple more things to work out. As for more resource mines, I think (don't hold me to this) that there will be an increase in the amount.

That would make it harder for the average player to get the crystals and relics. Relics and Garrisons are so heavily guarded and now nuke/spy proof that it would take a 12 member army to take 1 down. And still lose more than half their armor. An average player with an average army in an average alliance will just crash onto the relic or garrison. Making it easier for the rank 1s to take it.

Think about the majority. The players from rank 20-400. In alliances from rank 4-30. They wont benefit from any of these much.

No matter how long I have been gone, my heart will lead me back here.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:24 am 
Private
Private

That's good to hear. However, some Admins do not put crystals on the relics.

Ian, the crystal count is low enough already. The lower ranked players are probably going to lose their crystals anyway.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:29 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Im not talking about low ranks. Im talking about mid ranks. They can hold their crystals. And besides, it will increase overall crystal count.

No matter how long I have been gone, my heart will lead me back here.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:50 am 
Major
Major
 YIM  Profile

Quote:
It was made to help players coordinate attacks. I'm sure a lot of players would have guessed that reason. But it seems like someone thought it was implemented to delay 50 spam squads to preserve oil

My point is this. You can intend for something to happen, but it still has to be open ended in a strategy game and give room for people to be innovative. Delays are used most of the time to coordinate attacks yes, but also to save oil which is something that is totally legal and is not something that should be restricted. This is strategy and not an exploit.

Quote:
I'm refusing to believe that you could only save up 5k when a noob like me could save up more then that without being in a top alliance. And I've seen people using colonies as oil banks, and those oilbanks having 200k-300k, divide that by 14 and you get around 20k, which is more then the amount you can have without the increased resource cap.

You don't see how 200k-300k extra oil will unbalance a battle, a war and an era?

Yes 200-300k will unbalance a battle. But that would mean no defences, no activity from the player or no movement of squads or gating.Id kick such a player even if he has that much of oil, its of no use. A more practical number is around 30-40k which does not unbalance anything in any significant way. Look at what you have done, you cant convert extra oil over 500 E. And now you cant get extra oil in the first place. So what is the only way to get resources? Boosting. Suck money out of people as much as you can.

Quote:
No, but its clear that your point of view heavily relies on it. Which worries me when it was based on lies.

My point of view solely depends upon seeing through your BS. And I am not really sure what you are talking about. What lies? What quotes? I dont know what you mean. I am kind of doubting you have something else in mind when you say this. Cuz my arguments are simply logical extrapolations from what I have read here.

Quote:
I been around for 4 years

Before it was 15k, it was 18k. Check through the changelogs, maybe youd find that change.

Quote:
It helps those who makes the most oil have even more oil in a case of war. How is that not helping the strongest?

Those who make the most oil are the most active and consequently use up resources. Those who make less oil will only accumulate it slower but will actually accumulate an equal amount because of their inactivity. This evens things out. I have seen players in smaller alliances have more oil than me when I was in one of the top alliances. So its not entirely true that it favors only the top alliances or the strongest. It favors one that saves oil, whether they are strong or weak is not the question here.

Quote:
As I said earlier. Yes, we want less resources in play, but for the sake of the game, the strategy the balance; not making money.

If you want less resources in play, I am fine with that. However, when you reduce resources, you have to reduce costs. What you do is, you either increase costs, increase upkeep or keep the costs the same and reduce resources, so that does not balance anything in anyway. Its purposeful game unbalancing, in order to coerce people to boost. I want to boost. That does not mean I like to be forced to boost.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:25 am 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 WWW  YIM  Profile

@mfreak then don't boost. Willy Wonka in M1 doesn't boost, doesn't use such tactics to save oil and he still gets rank 1. Btw he doesn't have crystal too.

Everyone else can make it through the game. some people find these updates are annoying but still stick to the game. Some can even find another way to play.

These updates don't affect only you, they affect us all. And when something change, we must adapt to it. Change ur strategy. And who know, in the future they make a boost of power to the damage units, and we have to remake our squad setup.

Overcome a disadvantages (not disadvantages, difficulties) is wat the call strategy, my friend. And finding some way to cheat something legitimately is not being innovative at all. And it's a right thing to change the rules to prevent that.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:37 am 
Major
Major
 YIM  Profile

Quote:
@mfreak then don't boost. Willy Wonka in M1 doesn't boost, doesn't use such tactics to save oil and he still gets rank 1. Btw he doesn't have crystal too.

The problem is not boosting. I wont boost of course. I dont like these changes so the days of boosting 1000 dollars are over. Willy wonka is in my team. I know how he plays. Read my earlier reply. If oil can be restricted, so can the workers gained by razing outposts which is how he gained power. You dont seem to be understanding the issue properly. Let me explain it crystal clear:

You sometimes use spam squads, about 40 or 50 of them, and launch them to a target 24 ticks away, and set max delay. So you pay oil upfront, and if you had already hit the resource cap of 15k, then you keep adding extra oil. When you turn back your spam squads, you get the oil you paid for. So after 15k, if you added about 5k oil in one night, then the next morning when you turn back you would have 20k. We use this strategy to save oil before war. This is legitimate. What simmen is saying is that this shouldnt be possible. If this shouldnt be possible, what Willy Wonka is doing should also not be possible and if they restrict that, a non booster like him will find it very difficult or literally impossible to get a higher rank. And therefore, a person like him will be forced to boost.

What I mean to say is, in order to do well on this game, they are trying to coerce you into boosting than motivating you to do so. I am all for boosting, but I dont like to be forced to boost. Get things right before you reply. We all know these updates affect everyone. And what I say here is for everyone not just for myself. Heck I dont even play seriously anymore, so its mostly for others, who play the game seriously. You say overcoming difficulty is strategy, I agree. But the moment you overcome a difficulty, these guys will make it impossible to do so, through an update in the name of "game balancing". Its not game balance, its purposeful game unbalancing for the same of making people pay. Which is nothing short of a scam.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 184 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 19  Next