It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
 Post subject: Re: Upcoming updates
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:42 am 
Captain
Captain
 YIM  Profile

http://rc.battledawn.com/

Before the updates are released in the actual game they are tested in that client (Release Client) which allows adminsitration to check out the most obvious problems and bugs that may appear when they update the game. Still nothing is perfect so when the update goes to the actual game many more bugs are spotted since the population obviously increases. Oh and one last thing, RC rankings are not saved xD

Now now, Staff is doing all they can to balance this game instead of making it Booster Rounds ftw!

Personally and as a really old player and supporter I beleive every update has its pros and cons. There are no perfect situations and everything needs to be tweaked everynow and then. Yes I understand the thoughts of "if its not broken DONT fix it" but sometimes these tweaks make it more interesting and more challenging to actually achieve something. Old Client rocked, Old Rules and boosting ways were a hell of fun for super boosters. Made it easy for them to win. Starting NC was super cool with 24 people in alliances, still, it was quite a mess and competition was way less than OC... Spies lost power, times and structures got their mess... still everything represents a new challenge... you need to adapt and grow with the game not jus tstare at it and say "I dont like it" and not do anything but complain about it.

-Shion

E6A2 #2 M2A1 #9 E3A1 #16 E6A4 #24 E5A3 #24

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:09 am 
Major
Major
 YIM  Profile

Quote:
4) - I am okay with this. I have a question though. Do the nukes affect squads in "returning" status or just escaping status? Make that clear please. Cuz if returning squads are affected, we should be able to ion any nuke from any alliance, going to any target. Otherwise we would be left without a counter. This was discussed in detail in the community poll as well.
Andrew: Good question, I'll have to double check on this because there was a few solutions proposed and I believe the solution we'll probably go with is to allow you to ion cannon nukes headed to a colony your alliance has conquered.

What about this? Do we have capability to now ion nukes that can affect us? Or have we been left without a solution for this?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:45 am 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 WWW  YIM  Profile

bridgetown wrote:
the guy above please don,t post on the forums again ,thanks . i don,t see the point of all these things its a forum i,m writing not a book or an essay to the president . ads are good wow i don,t even know how too respond to you i ts obvious you haven,t graduated preschool.

It's common knowledge to put stops and commas into ur sentences, no matter who you are writting to or what are you writting for. It's for the reader to be easier to read ur sentences. Can you see that everyone here, except you, put their posts in an easiest way for people to read? That's the basic of communication. Now tell me who hasn't graduated preschool, you or all of us?

Sorry, I'm not usually flaming on the internet but sometimes I can't stand it. Any admins or mods find my posts to be annoying please feel free to delete or edit it.

Quote:
4) - I am okay with this. I have a question though. Do the nukes affect squads in "returning" status or just escaping status? Make that clear please. Cuz if returning squads are affected, we should be able to ion any nuke from any alliance, going to any target. Otherwise we would be left without a counter. This was discussed in detail in the community poll as well.

I think going to any target that we're heading to or leaving from is good enough. This can be good as the subs can help defend the main alliance from nukes by sending spam troops to the main alliance and ion all incoming nukes, then return the spam troops back.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:46 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

i wish emergency workers also 1 tick cool down... :cry: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:28 am 
Captain
Captain

mfreak wrote:
Quote:
Do you think the thought behind this update was to make more money?

Yes of course. You'd be nuts if you didn't.

We try to maintain a balance of bonuses and advantages for those who support the game while not giving too much power as a game that is "free to play but not free to enjoy" is something we want to avoid. So many other free to play games are like this where you don't stand a snowball's chance in hell if you don't pay for the premium features/accounts and we want to avoid that.

What we are trying to do is encourage more competition/enjoyment from the game by better balancing it and by doing so and having more people playing it which naturally improves our income. We're not out to make millions from the game and sit around smoking cigars all day, we just want to cover expenses and have enough money to continue developing the game and producing more games in the future. We are a company of gamers and we want to make games that players enjoy, not ones that we can extract the most "Income Per Unit".

Edit: On the topic of ioning nukes the plan is to make it that you can ion nukes headed towards any colony you have conquered. If we made it anywhere you are attacking then gg sub empires would make it impossible to attack ANYWHERE. Subs are a natural evolution but we aren't going to be making it easier by adding in features giving the side with more players additional advantage.

-Andrew

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:12 pm 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 WWW  YIM  Profile

Andrew wrote:

Edit: On the topic of ioning nukes the plan is to make it that you can ion nukes headed towards any colony you have conquered. If we made it anywhere you are attacking then gg sub empires would make it impossible to attack ANYWHERE. Subs are a natural evolution but we aren't going to be making it easier by adding in features giving the side with more players additional advantage.

-Andrew

I agree with the "don't give the side with more players additional advantage". But how is that help the returning squads from being nuked? From wat I can see, the nuke will effect everyone in 1 ticks from the target. Which mean that if I attack at tick 500, attack arrives at tick 503 then at tick 503 my troops will be returning back and the target is conquered. So when another nuke is coming to my targets and will land at tick 503 I have no way to ion it since the target is not conquered until tick 503.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:45 pm 
Major
Major
 YIM  Profile

You mean your units land with the nuke? I dont think its a problem then. Or did I get that one wrong?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:05 pm 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 WWW  YIM  Profile

^ kinda like that. Since ion-ing a nuke requires the nuke's target to be conquered by you, it's useless unless you're going after crystals that ur conquers have. Either than that I can't think of another case that this would be useful.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:24 pm 
Captain
Captain

If your squads arrive at the same time as a nuke they are not affected. They are only affected if they are leaving a target the tick before a nuke strikes. This is why we have it only to affect colonies you have conquered because once you conquer a colony if there is a nuke sent at it you can ion it as you are leaving after conquering them.

If we open it up to allow you to ion any squad/nuke heading towards a target you are attacking then that will be far overpowered for sub alliances.

-Andrew

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:35 pm 
Major
Major
 YIM  Profile

Ah okay. BTW if you are stuck on a shield, does a nuke hitting a colony affect your squads?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next