It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: Updates! July 9th
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:12 pm 
Captain
Captain

mooncheese wrote:
this is getting rediculous now. do you realise that every time you change the game for the worse without the donators prior knowledge then you are breaking the law. it is against the law to change an item after sale without the owners permission. we have paid to play this game and yet you keep making it a harder and harder game. you should check out retail law before you continue in making this updates.

My apologies for the frustration mooncheese, this is a very volatile time for Battle Dawn and until the reset of Earths 1-3 at tick 4000 there will still probably be more changes coming into play. Battle Dawn is technically in a beta because we are constantly evolving and tweaking the game on a daily/weekly basis.

-Andrew

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:40 pm 
Captain
Captain
 WWW  YIM  Profile

just around 2 more mounths left

HAHA

Skype name edwin7744 :D

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:23 am 
Corporal
Corporal

I do like some of the new tweaks and I am really looking forward to the new features like adding more command abilities for leaders and ministers.

But please do something about the resource income issue. Revenue levels are just too low. For my conquer income to match my normal resource income I would need around 60 conquers. This level of conquers is beyond the reach of 99% of players.

Please, please do something about this - the game has been completely tilted away from active, industrious players towards those who barely play.

Lack of income will turn Battledawn into Runaway-dawn as it is not worth fighting most battles because the cost and time it will take to replace losses will far outweigh any potential gain from winning a battle.

Its simple maths. I attack a colony, conquer it and lose 1 tank - cost 600+ metal.

The income I gain from that colony is 5 metal and 2 oil per tick.

That means I must hold that colony for 120 ticks to just replace that tank nevermind expand my army.

That same colony can rebel after 72 ticks and I am now down on the deal, having only recovered 1/2 of what the conquer victory cost me.

This shows how illogical the new rates are. And I used a simple and common case, losing only 1 unit.

If you attack any colony ranked higher than 1000 then your losses are likely to be much heavier and completely unrecoverable. Please explain how this makes any sense ?

E1 Mo of KOA - The Fighting 69th
E3-A5 Mo of Kingdom of Armagh - ARM
E3-A6 Barney Gumble - The Simpsons

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:09 am 
Captain
Captain

We've changed Earths 1-3 to be basically single tick worlds in income and squad movement just with 2 refreshes an hour. We've made these changes to prepare for when they're converted to actual double tick worlds (30 minute ticks, 4 tick minimum attack, 3 defence and "normal" income) - think of the rounds in E1-3 as "half" of a round. For example, like playing the first 1,500 ticks of a "normal" server. However when we implement the double tick servers as I mentioned, they will have the normal "higher" income.

Thanks alot,
St.Even

The Battle Dawn Staff:
Working with you, to make and maintain
the very best browser based game!

*Lemon-Flavoured, according to Andrew...

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:42 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

Why change Earths 1-3 to double speed? I think people rather like the two updates per hour thus far, and I don't see the logic behind changing to double speed.

Sheesh, I sure do complain a lot ever since I left the old servers! Oh, wait.....I complained there too, just not about how the game was being run! ;)

EDIT: St. Even, now that you point out that we are basically receiving the same amount per tick as we would on a normal speed world, just in two separate installments, it makes a whole lot more sense to me now. Thanks for the explanation, sir!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:57 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

I havn't really checked it out, but I figured I would ask.

On e4 you get twice as much energy per tick as on e1-e3.

On e4 it takes half the ticks to reach your destination.

When using a gate, are the "costs" the same on both servers? Or is e1-e3 half the price? (I would hope it is half the price)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:00 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

The costs to gate on E1-E3 are halved.

I can't play for CRAP

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:07 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

odd, how come on e4 sometimes I get +2 energy and sometimes I get +4 energy?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:52 pm 
Captain
Captain

Sorry for the late reply, energy is being doubled on the E4 world in the management screen but you should only be getting 1 per level of energy production, so at level 5 you get 5 Energy a tick.

The costs for gating work out the same because in E1-3 it costs twice as much as E4 but you get twice as much Energy.

-Andrew

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6