It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:12 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 210 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
 Post subject: Re: History in the make for the Admins
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:50 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

aister wrote:
mfreak wrote:
Whether Joshni gets to the announcements section or not is his choice. Just because he didnt doesnt mean he cant come over here and speak his peace. Secondly there are lots of problems with the BD forums as such, which you will see as you regularly get on here. The modding style, the general rules - for example suggestion rules. Who makes rules for SUGGESTIONS? Anyone can suggest anything. IF a topic has been discussed a million times, and if someone posts it again, let him! Immediately locking the thread and throwing it away will only discourage people. So stuff like that has to change.

Yes every suggestion is appreciated. But I think the suggestion rules is pretty well explained. They are the things that are not easily changed, except a very good idea. If u go to the rejected ideas u can see more OPs and more units are the most common things. U don't want a new units being introduced every month won't u?

And as they said, some are already accepted and being worked on. Wat do u say if someone else post it again? Will we go and copy all those posts and post it again? That'll be a nice post count... Or u will go and post the link to that topic and lock it? Then where will it go? Repeated ideas box?

Discouraged after ur ideas are rejected is not a good thing. Ideas are rejected every now and then, even with good ideas, ideas that u've been thinking for days, like the Natural Disasters thing. But being discouraged after ur ideas are rejected is weak, I must say. U won't go and say "I will never love anyone else again" after being rejected, will u?

Quote:
Secondly, lots of people dont get on the forums yes, but I do have support. LC, SoF, cosmin, Ellehcim to name a few? I havent seen anyone on your side, get on here and say - Oil banking restriction if implemented is right. Atleast a few that reflect my views have got on here criticizing updates in general or this one in particular.

At least I have the admins on my side, while in ur case, I don't SEE anyone on ur side. U list the name, but did they post their thought on the forum, on the update topic I meant, not here. The reason why the admins won't understand the MAJORITY of u guys think is because there are too FEW people in that MAJORITY stand up and say. U get wat I'm saying? The admins won't go and read ur PM in-game or on the forum, they read wat u've posted here.

I am an admin, and I'm not on your side. I don't agree with many of these changes. I still play, so I understand how annoying some of these changes are. Believe me, there is always a lot of discussion about changes..

Quote:
Lastly, the reason you feel convinced is because you havent yet been in a situation or a war like I have.

Yes, I'm a new player. I've never reached 1st alliance and never reached top 10. But the reason why I'm convinced is not becuz I think we don't need oil, it's becuz I think getting around the res cap is cheating. But I do believe that big war need more oil, u've convinced me about that. And that's why I've created a topic about that, and wat do I receive? ZERO YES VOTE with a majority of FORUM MEMBERS disagree with that. That's why the admin won't do anything about it. All they can see is you, and you alone, have that problem, not the majority of us.

It's funny though, u have troubles with the res cap, but don't agree with removing or increase the res cap. All I can see is u want to do the trick to get around the rules.

Tricks are what makes the game interesting for veterans, if you ask me. If you eliminate all tricks from this game, every random newb with money can win an era. The tricks, special tactics and strategies are what usually makes the difference in eras, and I like it that way.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:20 pm 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 WWW  YIM  Profile

Milanos wrote:
I am an admin, and I'm not on your side. I don't agree with many of these changes. I still play, so I understand how annoying some of these changes are. Believe me, there is always a lot of discussion about changes..
I don't say all admins, I meant Simmen and Michael, and yes, some of the updates are annoying, I must admit. But as I said, if u don't like it, speak it up, on the forum, so that everyone can read wat u think.
Quote:
Tricks are what makes the game interesting for veterans, if you ask me. If you eliminate all tricks from this game, every random newb with money can win an era. The tricks, special tactics and strategies are what usually makes the difference in eras, and I like it that way.

Of course, tactics and strategies are good. I won't go and say tactics are useless in a strategy game. But wat I meant is don't use the word tactics and strategy to get around a rules, in this case is the res cap. It was there to limit the resource, not it was there for u to get around and call wat u do is tactics.

If u say the res cap is useless and such, ask for it to be removed. I did ask for that as well as other options, but wat I receive is no yes vote, even from mfreak. Is that my fault that it was denied? Is that the admins' fault? No, it's the players who have the problems didn't vote for the change. It's their fault.

Rules are rules, get around with the rules is not wat they call tactics. It's completely destroy the reason for the res cap as well as the res cap boost. It's abusing the res cap. It's like I use 10 computers to create 10 colonies, basically I multi, but since they have different IPs, I get away with it, and I call it strategy. No, strategy is strategy, but within the rules. If somehow u can get around a rule, it's the team's job to fix that.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:28 pm 
Major
Major
 YIM  Profile

Quote:
Yes every suggestion is appreciated. But I think the suggestion rules is pretty well explained. They are the things that are not easily changed, except a very good idea. If u go to the rejected ideas u can see more OPs and more units are the most common things. U don't want a new units being introduced every month won't u?

So what if things wont be changed? People can vote no on them. And even if people do pass the suggestions, move it to Accepted ideas. Not every accepted idea is implemented. So I dont see any harm, in letting the THREAD continue. And so what if its a frequently rejected topic? Dont reply to that thread if you dont want to. The topic can be moved to rejected again anyway after the community votes. Am talking about killing threads, which discourages people. Not the rejection itself.

Quote:
At least I have the admins on my side, while in ur case, I don't SEE anyone on ur side. U list the name, but did they post their thought on the forum, on the update topic I meant, not here. The reason why the admins won't understand the MAJORITY of u guys think is because there are too FEW people in that MAJORITY stand up and say. U get wat I'm saying? The admins won't go and read ur PM in-game or on the forum, they read wat u've posted here.

I dont know which admins you have on your side. But most admins except for Ilona and Milan and maybe Simmen, show a disconnect about what rules are implemented and how the game is played. I wouldnt add much stock into what they have to say or believe, even if its Michael, since they dont have practical knowledge about how a round is started, played and eventually won. The forums is dead. Its a fact. Deal with it. There are not many that get on here and voice their opinions, simply because they are shot down by stupid modding, or their threads killed like I mentioned before, or because they dont care. The few who do, like Ellehcim, sof, cosmin, have indeed voiced their opinion and called out the same points I have.

Quote:
And that's why I've created a topic about that, and wat do I receive? ZERO YES VOTE with a majority of FORUM MEMBERS disagree with that. That's why the admin won't do anything about it. All they can see is you, and you alone, have that problem, not the majority of us.

It's funny though, u have troubles with the res cap, but don't agree with removing or increase the res cap. All I can see is u want to do the trick to get around the rules.

You created a topic, with options that MADE the community vote no. You did not include my suggestion - "Keep the current system as it is". Do that and then see what the community votes for. You dont speak for the community, and the community here DOES NOT agree with you. You have it wrong there. Most want the current system as it is. Id love for the res caps to be removed, but that would mean either abuse, or zero boosting both of which are not good for the game. You need a BALANCE. Balance isnt taking an option away, but finding mid ground. You have a res cap. But you give the smart players a way to get around that, which is strategic. Just check the Discussions and Debate thread, for example. Dylsupreme didnt know what oil banking was. There are many that dont. Then again there are the experienced ones that do, but they dont abuse the game. They use it legitimately.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:46 pm 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 WWW  YIM  Profile

u know wat, arguing about this is a waste of time for both of us, watever u say, if u don't cross out the getting around res cap, I won't agree with u.

As I said before, those who didn't voice their opinions, don't have the right to complain. The admins give u the chance to voice ur opinions, and if u don't, then it's not their fault for not understand wat u think. They don't have telekinesis to know what u're thinking. And if they don't want to hear the feedback, they will post an annoucement and lock it up, or simply shut down the forum. Easy enough.

I won't go and vote and comment on every suggestions that are repeated. And I think nobody would. If a thread get no reply or vote, wat do u think? The members didn't read it, and do u think the forum is alive with that?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:13 am 
Major
Major
 YIM  Profile

Quote:
u know wat, arguing about this is a waste of time for both of us, watever u say, if u don't cross out the getting around res cap, I won't agree with u.

I am not asking you to agree with me. I am stating my views, which I believe are right. And right they are! You THINK what you are saying is right, but with experience am sure you will agree with me.

Quote:
As I said before, those who didn't voice their opinions, don't have the right to complain. The admins give u the chance to voice ur opinions, and if u don't, then it's not their fault for not understand wat u think. They don't have telekinesis to know what u're thinking. And if they don't want to hear the feedback, they will post an annoucement and lock it up, or simply shut down the forum. Easy enough.

This is completely wrong. The fact that you know they are complaining is because their voice their opinion. The fact that you know I am complaining is because I get on here and speak against stuff.

Secondly, not every update is posted in the announcements section. For example the price hikes in E costs, res cap costs etc were not announced. The spy actions were supposed to cost 50E, but was purposefully hiked to 100 and then called a bug. The spy protection through the use of spy, is still not enabled. Even though according to the update, it was supposed to be. So there are lots of hidden updates that increase costs that you miss. Thinking everything is there in the announcements section is like believing Fox news and CNN are authoritative sources of info lol.

Quote:
I won't go and vote and comment on every suggestions that are repeated. And I think nobody would. If a thread get no reply or vote, wat do u think? The members didn't read it, and do u think the forum is alive with that?

You dont need to get on every suggestion and vote or comment. That is your choice. I may if I see something useful. There are thousands of people on here, not just you and me. So let people make their choices, and lets not speak for anyone else but for ourselves. How do you know the community WONT read it and WONT vote on something already discussed? Because YOU wont?

Last edited by mfreak on Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:50 am 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 WWW  YIM  Profile

nah, all I see is they get in here and complain. Wat I want is they get to the update topic and post their views, with a suggestive manner. I must say even if u do, raging won't help u anything. People tend to ignore or hate rager.

However, this is not the place to complain.

Me, too, hate ninja updates. And I wish to have less ninja as much as possible. But things do happen, on purpose or accident, only BD team know. Wat we have to do is to tell it and ask the admin why he change that, and if he can put it back like before.

I don't think Michael is stupid enough to purposely make a ninja update, the community here is very sensitive with the ninja updates and will go raging if he does. All I can think of is a mistake by the Dev Team or he forgot to put it on the update list.

And as I say, the mods and active members will read every suggestions, even the ones against the rules. And they can let the interesting againt-the-rules suggestions live. See the Training Bases suggestion topic that Santa posted, it's clearly against the rules, but it still alives, doesn't it?

Plus, wat u said is completely right, except one thing: going around a rules is right. As I said, I can agree with u about anything but not that part. Every rules exist for a reason, and u are not supposed to go around it. If there are any way to go around it, it will be considered bug or glitch, and it's the dev team to fix it.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:06 am 
Major
Major
 YIM  Profile

Whether people rage, or suggest something else they are saying one thing. That they dont like a particular update for such and such reason. That is enough. Some people read through the posts, and just rage. That means they share the frustration that other people who have cared to reason their anger. All it takes is a bit of understanding, and it isn't that big of an asking.

Secondly, your view that Ninja updates are accidental, or are a mistake, is misconceived. They COULD be. Some of them.Most ninja updates like increase in costs are done deliberately and left out of the announcement threads purposefully. If you think that is not the case you are just being too naive.

The mods and others dont read EVERY topic. Its kinda unrealistic to expect them to do so. There are some threads that live and some threads that are locked and thrown away immediately. I am against locking any topic unless it gets racist or people start swearing at each other and start getting senseless.

Lastly, oil banking is not going around rules. Building multies is. Not oil banking. Oil banking is being smart and managing your resources well. Its strategy. Being smart and innovative and using tricks is allowed and should always be.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:35 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

admins suxx.... espeacially the one with a pink pony... first you guys change BD up, then make yourselves look worst trying to play geez....
ok ok i'm not talking about all admins .. mhmmm GYPSY your the bestest.. learn these guys.. something .. so i can atleast leave the game with a bang !!
oh moment of silence for andrew :P gosh he failed haha.... oh and umm WOOOOOOFFFFF :D

Wins SYN UGTB AnD

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:39 am 
Major
Major
 YIM  Profile

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:46 am 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 WWW  YIM  Profile

yes of course people get frustrated, but don't rage. If I tell u "omg u're so stupid and can't even understand wat I said, go back to ur house and play with ur mother" will u listen to wat I said?

Take hile for example, he's a rager, and he got the whole community ignore him.

Raging will never do anything good, in here AND in real life. I know frustration is not wat we can avoid, do u think I'm not frustrated when I see my 100+ infiltration ticks disappeared? Do u think I can accept it when I see my 30 conquers lost theirs power when we're racing to gain the top 3 alliance? Heck no. But wat I did is just go to the forum and explain that we shouldn't change it mid-era, in a friendly way. And Michael himself explained to me that due to technical problems, he can't change it mid-era. Happy both way.

And look at the update list, u guy raging and wat did Michael said? He raged back. And is that a good thing, no, I don't think so. U just make all the arguments invisible to him.

Raging will never help u with anything, not to mention they can backfire u.

And oil banking is going around the rule, it is going around the res cap. I've played an MMO FPS game, and there is a way that make u plant the bomb in a place that no one can defuse. Is that a trick? Yes. So it should be fixed. Right?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 210 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next