It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 210 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
 Post subject: Re: History in the make for the Admins
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:52 am 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 WWW  YIM  Profile

mfreak wrote:
I don't complain about EVERY update. Go on the the announcements section and check the previous updates, I have supported a lot of it.Heck Ive argued for pages about how the updates were good. Even in the latest set of updates I have supported the spy change. I only speak against those updates that limit resources, increase token costs. Also, MOST of the players are against these kind of updates that limit resources, so indeed I dont have a lot to convince :) Though the people that are against should get on the forums and speak up. A lot choose not to.

I mean these guys don't have the right to complain about the updates. They have played for years, I don't care. They boost 20000 red an era, I don't care. As long as they are not contributed to the game, as long as they don't go to the forum and contribute, they don't have the right to complain.
Quote:
Secondly, your view that most updates are based on suggestions is completely wrong. Most ARENT. Thats the reason for grievance amongst many players. Some are changed according to community feedback alright, but most are implemented according to what the game developers intend for the game to be, but they show a disconnect between what they code in, and gameplay, which generates negative feedback.

Almost every updates are put in the forum couples of days before they update the game. And they're open for us to discuss and give feedback. And if there are any updates that u don't like, wat u have to do is to convince BD team that they're wrong, or u will have to accept it, or quit playing. So if u don't post ur feedback, don't complain. (I'm not talking about u ^^)
Quote:
Quote:
And mfreak is an Illuminati member

I think I am :roll:

Die Illuminati

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:06 am 
Major
Major
 YIM  Profile

Quote:
I mean these guys don't have the right to complain about the updates. They have played for years, I don't care. They boost 20000 red an era, I don't care. As long as they are not contributed to the game, as long as they don't go to the forum and contribute, they don't have the right to complain.

They have every right to complain. You cant force people to speak, or you cant force people not to have opinions. I know certain people that dont get on the forums but are known widely in BD and they have been around for 4 or 5 years and have contributed a lot in the form of tokens, their game play, recruiting noobs that have stuck on contributing more to the forums and to the game etc. Everyone has a role to play.

Quote:
Almost every updates are put in the forum couples of days before they update the game.

No they aren't. The updates that I am against, will never be on the suggestions board if you check right. The oil banking restriction - not there. The increase in E token costs - not on the suggestions forum. Increased cost of energy requirement for spies that was there earlier for a few days - not on the suggestions forum. Increased costs for res cap boost - not on the suggestions board until kevin noticed it and posted.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:23 am 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 WWW  YIM  Profile

mfreak wrote:
They have every right to complain. You cant force people to speak, or you cant force people not to have opinions. I know certain people that dont get on the forums but are known widely in BD and they have been around for 4 or 5 years and have contributed a lot in the form of tokens, their game play, recruiting noobs that have stuck on contributing more to the forums and to the game etc. Everyone has a role to play.

Everyone has their right to voice their opinion, unless they're flaming. We don't block people going to the forum, in fact, I think Michael told them to go to the forum every times the game updated. And if they don't go to the forum and post feedback, they don't have the right to complain when the update is not wat they want. It's their fault in the first place.
Quote:
The updates that I am against, will never be on the suggestions board if you check right. The oil banking restriction - not thereThe oil banking, iirc, isn't updated yet. The increase in E token costs - not on the suggestions forumdid I say almost?. Increased cost of energy requirement for spies that was there earlier for a few days - not on the suggestions forumapparently this is a bug, I tried to plant spy when it hasn't been fixed and it cost only 25 e and 1 worker, not 50 e. Increased costs for res cap boost - not on the suggestions board until kevin noticed it and posted.I said almost, didn't I?

I'm also against ninja updates, but well, hope there will be no more ninjas in the town.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:56 am 
Major
Major
 YIM  Profile

Almost doesnt cut it. Especially ones that deal with tokens, resources etc that directly depend on boosting. Those are the ones that I normally criticize.

As for the people complaining, you know they are complaining cuz they get on the forums. Thats good enough.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:18 am 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 WWW  YIM  Profile

So why didn't I see Joshni when the update is announced?

As I said, those update anouncements are for us to discuss and give feedback. The admins there even go as far as read every posts, even the meaningless, unreadable posts that I think u know, and try to answer as many posts as possible.

Those who don't go there and speak for their mind doesn't have the right to complain. They abandoned their right to speak, that's why the BD teams don't know wat majority of u guys think. I mean, how the heck can they know when they never show up on the forum? Just like the oil banking, I can only see u stating the problems, no one else support u. How can u say the majority of people have that problem? Cuz I can't see it. U say u got PM by a lot of people, but plz, tell them to post it ON THE FORUM so that everyone can see and be convinced.

Of course, everyone has their own point of view. And it could be impossible for u to convince us, but at least u tried.

Now don't tell me that I always think every updates is good. No, me too, think that it's unreal to have the troops consume all the needed oil before actually leave the base. But as they were able to convince me with the oil banking is wrong I can't say anything more.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:00 am 
Major
Major
 YIM  Profile

Whether Joshni gets to the announcements section or not is his choice. Just because he didnt doesnt mean he cant come over here and speak his peace. Secondly there are lots of problems with the BD forums as such, which you will see as you regularly get on here. The modding style, the general rules - for example suggestion rules. Who makes rules for SUGGESTIONS? Anyone can suggest anything. IF a topic has been discussed a million times, and if someone posts it again, let him! Immediately locking the thread and throwing it away will only discourage people. So stuff like that has to change.

I have never been one to accept rules as they are, if I feel they are stupid. Such rules have to change, but then again, the reaction from the BD team be it on the forum, or ingame is quite slow.

Secondly, lots of people dont get on the forums yes, but I do have support. LC, SoF, cosmin, Ellehcim to name a few? I havent seen anyone on your side, get on here and say - Oil banking restriction if implemented is right. Atleast a few that reflect my views have got on here criticizing updates in general or this one in particular.

Lastly, the reason you feel convinced is because you havent yet been in a situation or a war like I have. On E1 2 or 3 eras back, the top 3 alliances attacked us at the same time. Sure we had a world wide network, but scans, jams, ions, launching nukes, gating squads for defence, it was crazy. If we hadnt saved up the 40k oil per person, we wouldnt have been able to get through the first day. Even with the boosts.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:02 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

mfreak wrote:
If we hadnt saved up the 40k oil per person, we wouldnt have been able to get through the first day. Even with the boosts.
and that's a good thing how?

mfreak wrote:
And Xeru is a kissass :D.
-.-

Liam wrote:
Rise my minions, VOTE FERR3T #1 FOR HEAD MOD!!

Simmen wrote:
How are you not a admin Hal?..

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:16 am 
Major
Major
 YIM  Profile

lol was just joking.

Quote:
and that's a good thing how?

And that's not good because?...

Its good because we could manage our resources well. We would have just crumbled within the first few ticks with us being attacked everywhere. But we held out for around 2 weeks, before we were overwhelmed by units. Though none of us got conquered. Lucky me :D

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:37 pm 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 WWW  YIM  Profile

mfreak wrote:
Whether Joshni gets to the announcements section or not is his choice. Just because he didnt doesnt mean he cant come over here and speak his peace. Secondly there are lots of problems with the BD forums as such, which you will see as you regularly get on here. The modding style, the general rules - for example suggestion rules. Who makes rules for SUGGESTIONS? Anyone can suggest anything. IF a topic has been discussed a million times, and if someone posts it again, let him! Immediately locking the thread and throwing it away will only discourage people. So stuff like that has to change.

Yes every suggestion is appreciated. But I think the suggestion rules is pretty well explained. They are the things that are not easily changed, except a very good idea. If u go to the rejected ideas u can see more OPs and more units are the most common things. U don't want a new units being introduced every month won't u?

And as they said, some are already accepted and being worked on. Wat do u say if someone else post it again? Will we go and copy all those posts and post it again? That'll be a nice post count... Or u will go and post the link to that topic and lock it? Then where will it go? Repeated ideas box?

Discouraged after ur ideas are rejected is not a good thing. Ideas are rejected every now and then, even with good ideas, ideas that u've been thinking for days, like the Natural Disasters thing. But being discouraged after ur ideas are rejected is weak, I must say. U won't go and say "I will never love anyone else again" after being rejected, will u?

Quote:
Secondly, lots of people dont get on the forums yes, but I do have support. LC, SoF, cosmin, Ellehcim to name a few? I havent seen anyone on your side, get on here and say - Oil banking restriction if implemented is right. Atleast a few that reflect my views have got on here criticizing updates in general or this one in particular.

At least I have the admins on my side, while in ur case, I don't SEE anyone on ur side. U list the name, but did they post their thought on the forum, on the update topic I meant, not here. The reason why the admins won't understand the MAJORITY of u guys think is because there are too FEW people in that MAJORITY stand up and say. U get wat I'm saying? The admins won't go and read ur PM in-game or on the forum, they read wat u've posted here.
Quote:
Lastly, the reason you feel convinced is because you havent yet been in a situation or a war like I have.

Yes, I'm a new player. I've never reached 1st alliance and never reached top 10. But the reason why I'm convinced is not becuz I think we don't need oil, it's becuz I think getting around the res cap is cheating. But I do believe that big war need more oil, u've convinced me about that. And that's why I've created a topic about that, and wat do I receive? ZERO YES VOTE with a majority of FORUM MEMBERS disagree with that. That's why the admin won't do anything about it. All they can see is you, and you alone, have that problem, not the majority of us.

It's funny though, u have troubles with the res cap, but don't agree with removing or increase the res cap. All I can see is u want to do the trick to get around the rules.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:41 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major
 YIM  Profile

is this the subject where you are supposeed to write flipping essays?

Best alliance finished:1st

The Silent Spammer.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 210 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next