It is currently Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours





Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: BLUE alliance
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:05 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Mon May 02, 2011 11:23 am
Posts: 461
Wyntarra wrote:
I poke my head in on E3 now and then. So pleased with how well BLUE is doing there. Could not have asked for a better 2nd leader than ffstkn. He upholds the core values and foundations that BLUE was initially built on. Looks like they will end this era ranked 2 on E3. :))♥((:


Hoping to join next era :)

_________________
Alliances: 50 , LP , DD, HAHA, ANT , SWAT , SPF , ICE, LF, UWS , NCR , T
Member of New Corgi Revolution

Skype: xxsnipzscopzxx


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: BLUE alliance
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:04 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:08 pm
Posts: 1930
Location: England
Gender: male
Wyntarra wrote:
I poke my head in on E3 now and then. So pleased with how well BLUE is doing there. Could not have asked for a better 2nd leader than ffstkn. He upholds the core values and foundations that BLUE was initially built on. Looks like they will end this era ranked 2 on E3. :))♥((:


Unfortunately I've got to disagree with "how well BLUE is doing there." Blue is by far the least competitive alliance in BD. In now way do they deserve any blues for finishing rank 2 in my opinion. They didn't contribute anything to the era. Shame really considering how much effort other alliances have put in to the era to actually earn this reward.

As much as I like the idea of a chill alliance, I don't believe they should intervene in the top rankings for the blue bonuses there. Just my opinion if they're not willing to fight for it.

_________________
ImageImageImage


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: BLUE alliance
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 5:58 am 
Private
Private
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:30 pm
Posts: 3
Location: Queensland, Australia
Gender: female
Andy wrote:
Unfortunately I've got to disagree with "how well BLUE is doing there." Blue is by far the least competitive alliance in BD. In now way do they deserve any blues for finishing rank 2 in my opinion. They didn't contribute anything to the era. Shame really considering how much effort other alliances have put in to the era to actually earn this reward.

As much as I like the idea of a chill alliance, I don't believe they should intervene in the top rankings for the blue bonuses there. Just my opinion if they're not willing to fight for it.



That's perfectly within your right to have that opinion.

When I originally created BLUE it was because the leaders of the alliance I had been a member of decided to disband and full on quit BD, period. Except the leaders of the alliance failed to tell everyone else. So people showed up but no one knew what was going on. Everyone felt betrayed. Since that era started out on such a sour note and we were so disorganized, a couple of us decided to just take the era off, relax from gruelling days of being logged on nearly all the time and watch what was going on with everyone else. We decided while we watched and protected ourselves that we might as well go ahead and get the free daily blue tokens. That was where the BLUE name came from.

After serving as the leader of BLUE for an era and having to learn how to be extremely diplomatic to help ensure my alliance pulled through with very little damage, my fellow members decided they wanted to have another era like that. So we did. Again. And again. And again. Since shortly before the Hall of Fame began with era 17 I believe.

BLUE became one of the most well known and respected alliances on E3. We were respected not because of our fighting skills (which yes, was demonstrated many times when alliances or rogue members of other alliances could not keep to the peace treaties agreed upon) but because of diplomacy and ability to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that we are extremely honest and trustworthy. In a game where people spy, lie, insult and back stab each other it was nice that there was at least one alliance that everyone else could trust to not treat them like that. Every BLUE member must learn to rein in their opposing differences with other BD members and learn how to be diplomatic.

War is as much about diplomacy as it is about actually fighting. Both methods will get you what you want if you are very good at it. How you choose to go about it is entirely up to everyone. BLUE chose to practice and hone its methods of diplomacy and it's worked for us. :)

mustafa960 wrote:

Hoping to join next era :)



Awesome. :) Speak to ffstkn. He is currently using the name "Me" in E3 right now. :)


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: BLUE alliance
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:13 am 
Maintenance & PR Team
Maintenance & PR Team
User avatar
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:43 am
Posts: 714
Location: Chorus.
Gender: male
RIP DINO and Zealot :cry:

_________________
Image
^ Thanks Andy!


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: BLUE alliance
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:03 am 
Head Moderator
Head Moderator
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:02 pm
Posts: 1622
Wyntarra wrote:
Andy wrote:
Unfortunately I've got to disagree with "how well BLUE is doing there." Blue is by far the least competitive alliance in BD. In now way do they deserve any blues for finishing rank 2 in my opinion. They didn't contribute anything to the era. Shame really considering how much effort other alliances have put in to the era to actually earn this reward.

As much as I like the idea of a chill alliance, I don't believe they should intervene in the top rankings for the blue bonuses there. Just my opinion if they're not willing to fight for it.



That's perfectly within your right to have that opinion.

When I originally created BLUE it was because the leaders of the alliance I had been a member of decided to disband and full on quit BD, period. Except the leaders of the alliance failed to tell everyone else. So people showed up but no one knew what was going on. Everyone felt betrayed. Since that era started out on such a sour note and we were so disorganized, a couple of us decided to just take the era off, relax from gruelling days of being logged on nearly all the time and watch what was going on with everyone else. We decided while we watched and protected ourselves that we might as well go ahead and get the free daily blue tokens. That was where the BLUE name came from.

After serving as the leader of BLUE for an era and having to learn how to be extremely diplomatic to help ensure my alliance pulled through with very little damage, my fellow members decided they wanted to have another era like that. So we did. Again. And again. And again. Since shortly before the Hall of Fame began with era 17 I believe.

BLUE became one of the most well known and respected alliances on E3. We were respected not because of our fighting skills (which yes, was demonstrated many times when alliances or rogue members of other alliances could not keep to the peace treaties agreed upon) but because of diplomacy and ability to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that we are extremely honest and trustworthy. In a game where people spy, lie, insult and back stab each other it was nice that there was at least one alliance that everyone else could trust to not treat them like that. Every BLUE member must learn to rein in their opposing differences with other BD members and learn how to be diplomatic.

War is as much about diplomacy as it is about actually fighting. Both methods will get you what you want if you are very good at it. How you choose to go about it is entirely up to everyone. BLUE chose to practice and hone its methods of diplomacy and it's worked for us. :)

mustafa960 wrote:

Hoping to join next era :)



Awesome. :) Speak to ffstkn. He is currently using the name "Me" in E3 right now. :)



1. Merged your double post :D
2. I don't believe Andy has any issue with BLUE's diplomatic tactics. You guys build and protect one another and simply vote to get your blues up. Perfectly fine. The issue he has is they are ranked 2nd this era for doing nothing but that. Which in the end, means 750 blues go to a team that sat all era when many have fought all era long to attempt to get those blue tokens. Yes, diplomacy can be a very valuable asset to any team, but the name of the game is battledawn, not farmingdawn :D

Honestly, I just find it a bit of a shame no one tried to challenge BLUE. I know for a fact that Deemo can keep up tit-for-tat with just about any player now ;)

But as someone who loves diplomacy, its a bit saddening to me that a diplomatic team such as BLUE rose up enough to get rank 2. Not in any way BLUE's fault though. Bad decision making by the rest of the world to allow such a team to get 2nd (once again, honestly not trying to put BLUE down in any way). But a sitting and farming alliance shouldn't make it to the top, which seems to happen more and more now-a-days.

_________________
Image
Gettin' real tired of your shi...


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: BLUE alliance
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 5:25 pm 
Maintenance & PR Team
Maintenance & PR Team
User avatar
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:43 am
Posts: 714
Location: Chorus.
Gender: male
DINO were never near blue in the first place, otherwise I would've killed Deemo's armor for exp :lol:

_________________
Image
^ Thanks Andy!


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: BLUE alliance
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:28 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:14 pm
Posts: 1346
Location: Mau5 Land of Mouses.
Gender: male
Easy, to stop teams just planting and building for tokens, just get rid of 2nd and 3rd place tokens. Make 1st like 5k or so.

This would also encourage more wars and make the game more interesting. Pretty sure this idea has already been suggested though.

Cheers

_________________
Image


BRU, iS, TicK, COOL, Pain, FM, OL, WFA, Porn, WaL, TPL, DM5


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: BLUE alliance
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:53 pm 
Private
Private
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:37 pm
Posts: 1
Once more I have found myself coming back to Battle Dawn after another year or more of absence. I decided to set up camp on the usual island on F3. I notice that BLUE no longer really exists on other worlds but for old time's sake I'm setting it up again.

This is Alhambra BTW.


Top
 

Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

All times are UTC - 5 hours



You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group  
Copyright Tacticsoft Ltd. 2008   
Updated By phpBBservice.nl