It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Server Crashes
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:48 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

malicewolf wrote:
Don't forgot people, Tacticsoft is not a huge company filled with hundreds of people to commit their time to every whim of a message sent to them. It's a few individuals who commit the time they can to do this job. Some still have full time jobs outside of admining the game. I'm sure any of you who have full time jobs and play this game will understand just how much commitment this game takes to play well. Well, imagine getting 10x the amount of messages in your inbox on top of that and having to cipher through ALL of them because it's also your job to do so.

Not saying it's always fair or good, but do understand, your admins have more on their plate than you likely think.

Unfortunately, people seem to be much more out of contact with the world admins than it used to be. I highly suggest having some of them on skype as a contact, even if all it is for is to send a small message telling one of them that server's are down. They do keep in contact with one another and can work to help fix things on other admin worlds where necessary. Admins have multiple worlds to pay attention to, not just 1.

Now that I mentioned adding admins as friends, I will also say, please don't harass them! Send 1 message stating what's going on and leave it at that. They will see it and they will respond when they can.

We understand malice...
Admins have real life ...we know...
All we want is a pre fixed time which would be announced several hours (maybe a day) earlier to the tine where the ticks will be paused and when will they flow etc etc
Hopefully admins freeze the ticks asap if the sever goes down ..

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:24 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant
 YIM  Profile

Personally think server crashes should be treated as random events, a electromagnetic pule covers the planet . Else why should I not get a refund if my computer crashes? Its fair and easy to apply. As opposed to this refund policy. Which is just an unfair way to please someone. Because forces were engaged , unless you can reset the scene , compensation for how things ended up playing out is unfair to the victor of said engagement.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:07 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Alpine wrote:
Personally think server crashes should be treated as random events, a electromagnetic pule covers the planet . Else why should I not get a refund if my computer crashes? Its fair and easy to apply. As opposed to this refund policy. Which is just an unfair way to please someone. Because forces were engaged , unless you can reset the scene , compensation for how things ended up playing out is unfair to the victor of said engagement.

Actually, no it's not the same. If someone's computer goes down, then yes, they won't be able to log in and that would be frustrating, but it only stops a single individual from logging on. The issue when the server goes down is that EVERYONE is unable to log on and since even the admins don't know when the problem will be fixed, no estimate can be given. A player may have made moves because he knew he could be active for the next 4 hours. Then a server crash happens and 5 hours later, they reactivate the ticks. When the player who made moves can no longer be available and is 1 ETA from death and unable to respond in time as they originally intended.

Many players cannot commit all the time they want to the game. Instead, they pick and choose hours and hope their teammates can cover them while they are absent. When server crashes happen, that goes down the drain as you can't even pull your army back out from the frontlines. This can cause unwanted clashes on all sides and for everybody.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2