It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:47 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: M vs G
PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:29 pm 
Private
Private

It's not about winning, Rupert. It's about having fun. The less subs I have, the more I get to kill and conquer. Who cares about winning when you're having fun.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:31 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Winning is fun (chuckle)

Check out RupertAngier's Wonderful Community Suggestions ;)
http://www.battledawn.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=112&t=25755

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:38 pm 
Private
Private

Not if you have to use others to win for you, lol. Subs ruin this game, in my opinion.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:40 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

I personally feel there is a good balance you need to have with diplomacy... but who am I to judge..

Check out RupertAngier's Wonderful Community Suggestions ;)
http://www.battledawn.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=112&t=25755

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:26 am 
Captain
Captain
 WWW  YIM  Profile

Apollo wrote:
Not if you have to use others to win for you, lol. Subs ruin this game, in my opinion.

They do, all they're for is for the alliance your fighting to have something else to have to defend from/kill. It gets annoying when as 1 alliance you end up having to fight 4 or 5 alliances at once.

I will never use subs, just not my style. But by all means, continue to do so. They're inactive so that's more XP and kills for me!

Alliances of note, OC: TBH, JFA, BYZ, DoG. NC: CRAP, BoB, JFA, BYZ, DoP, CBop.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:21 am 
Corporal
Corporal

princekael2 wrote:
gratelight wrote:
I normally don't do this forum thing.

There's several holes in this post. It's plain and simple in my eyes. Dishonor, backstabbing, dishonest excuses all to break a NAP and win the era. If that's what winning is to M. It's clear that they had no intentions of being classy and will ally/NAP until it suits them to go after the next alliance.

I did infact message all M leaders (subs too)that Deoxy was joining prior to any BC from them. I received no reply. There infact was no "clear warning" as Dead had mentioned. ;)

M has taken in all players of any rank. Several had approached me wanting to join before they joined M. They have sub after sub. This era is more of a band wagon. :P If we need players, Where are we supposed to get them?

Our players don't like each other and don't get along? lol That's news to me. I know that Ultra has a reputation. Raider does. Many of us do. :P Apart from that, I'm not aware of It. Messaging each other back and forth would be a sign to me that we get along. :P I've been seen around BD for a while now. Regardless of enemy alliances or not. I get along well enough and have picked up friends too many times from opposing alliances.

Sniping is an ongoing issue in BD. I myself have been purposely sniped. Received childish threats from Raider. I didn't go back on my word and break a NAP. Even when I saw You spreading spam for the first time this era, To attack us and go back on Your word.

Concerning JHF. I myself conquered three. Two before You were even in the area. We crashed several ships into them way before You guys actually engaged them. Ask them. THey know we were fighting since the beginning. We paused for negotiations until we were then attacked. So we resumed. ;)

"I did express my feelings to Gratelight and got no response. " Untrue again? :P

AS far as expanding while at war... Isn't that what players should do? Non stop expansion, spread spam, get conquers. It's how we've ranked up.

We entered this era with no pre-set plan as We usually do. We just kinda fell together. :P It's true that only a few of us from GROSS are under this tag this era. We were active enough and experienced enough to work as a team and get where we've gotten. I guess we're a threat enough rank wise for M to find an exuse to take us out. ;)

Just a bit from my view.

As I once learned from a friend, Keep It classy. :)

~ Gratelight ~

yes yes thats all well and good, but i warned you, didnt i? RaiDeR being the name im playing under for the begining of this era, i warned you should this continue we will retaliate? i have BR after BR of units that died to bourne, sometimes matching my ETA even just to kill my men. What do you want us to do, sit there like its all fine and dandy while you are killing my guys? moreso you say we attack because you are a threat in power? funny as you arnt even as high in power as our sub ;) we killed you because of bourne's actions plain and simple ;)

That is just ultra, it's his nature. We killed him for it last era. He sniped us to the point that when we reinforced our attacks to kill his snipe he attacked our origin gate starting war (He still never got the conq)

@Gratelight, Poor judgement on recruiting Ultra i'm afraid.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:07 am 
Sergeant
Sergeant

[quote="Razgriz001
That is just ultra, it's his nature. We killed him for it last era. He sniped us to the point that when we reinforced our attacks to kill his snipe he attacked our origin gate starting war (He still never got the conq)

@Gratelight, Poor judgement on recruiting Ultra i'm afraid.[/quote]

See, even Ragz agrees with us. And they hate us because we are a sub massing empire that can't find our own battles. Now that says something.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:22 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

i completly agree with the no subs thing, they do ruin this game, unfortunately some people feel them nessessary "HI RETURN :@". i find it the worst thing ever when i have to work harder so some freeloader using my name can get 2nd place :@

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:31 am 
Private
Private

Yes, and that is why I REALLY want to remove the tokens for 2nd and 3rd place alliances. Alot less subs and alot more people willing to fight for the win.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:30 am 
Sergeant
Sergeant

I understand with the whole no sub kind of thing. But talk to my team that was in my Skype before the era. I said no subs.

Then we dropped our colonies. Saw that JFF brought along JHF. Even though JHF isn't a "sub" they still served the purpose to destroy anyone who got in the way of JFF... cough cough didn't work anyway cough cough.

Then Hurrikane, very good old M player, said he wanted to open a sub. I told him I wasn't sure if I wanted to. After talking about it with a few members I figured might as well since JFF brought a sub and I figured by tick 100 G would have 5 of them like normal. So I said screw it. Didn't think they would have 1000 power already :D That's just a plus.

M2 opened up after hours and hours of thinking about it. The only two big teams at the time were JFF and M. So no other big alliances came. So they didn't have anywhere to go. So after talking to one member, I figured sure. One more sub. (I have had offers for a M3, M4, M5, and a M6. Turned them all down.) M2 had a leader who was newer and found leading a decently high rank team fun. When Mari and I first talked about her joining M in place of someone who wasn't active enough, m2's leader got nervous. He didn't want Mari to step up. So he acted out. Disbanded the whole sub and conquered whoever he could. Since then we fetched the crystals and many of M2's player are no longer the same. M2 was doing decent against JFF. JFF tried to break our hive, since only m2 was protecting it, and they weren't active enough to do it.

There has been subs forever. I don't feel like the amount has increased one bit. Look at how many ARM and GML had in one era. I hate people who constantly abuse subs. But a lot of people learn the game by being in a sub and are determined to learn the game in order to win an era.

So enough about subs. Lets fight.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next