It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Battledawn story contest
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:13 pm 
Major
Major

Alright everyone, I was trolling the wiki when I stumbled upon something interesting! A old battledawn lore/intro story!! although it needs a lot of work there are now 4 game modes and I think it would be interesting to have a well written story for each one!

Here is the origional story on the wiki :)
Quote:
After a catastrophe, almost all civilization was wiped from the face of the earth. Now you, as the leader of a surviving group of people, must start to build your colony and strive for world domination as the strongest Colony on earth! Engage in battles, take over countries, gain trust among allies or backstab anyone who gets in your way. You are the leader of your colony, you make the calls, you decide your own fate.

Since I lack the imagination to create such a story I leave it up to you guys, the Player who writes the best story will recieve 500 blues and the story might be put into the HoF or the Wiki. (maybe both)

Oh and get creative, 300 words minimum, write the history of BattleDawn.

Good Luck everyone and let the contest BEGIN!

*EDIT* Winners will be announced in a week or so :)

Post subject: Re: Battledawn story contest
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:08 pm 
Captain
Captain
 YIM  Profile

Well it could link the worlds through portals as a idea goal could be portal linking diff dimensions.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:17 pm 
Captain
Captain

haha, im game for this :D

Sixty years ago, a large global conflict emerged. Many people lost their lives, but bands of survivors have flourished since this devastating war. Not much is remembered, many of those who lived before the catastrophe and survived, have long forgotten life before. But now, the stragglers of the human race must band together, to fight for precious resources and survive. Make friends, create your alliance, and gather your armies, and prepare for war. Gain territory, while defeating other groups of survivors, rediscover the power of nuclear warfare, and be the first to unleash havoc with the tremendous Ion cannon, and instantly move your armies from across the world in a matter of seconds with the Gate. Watch, as your foes stare in awe as your armies blacken out the sun as they invade their colonies. Remove all foes in your path, and even your own allies should they step between you, and global domination. With determination you can become powerful enough to bring quell this unyielding chaos that has engulfed our world.

Hows that? idk about the length since there seems to be no kind of counter, but oh well lol.

Last edited by CodeoftheSith on Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:53 pm 
Major
Major

CodeoftheSith wrote:
haha, im game for this :D

Sixty years ago, a large global conflict emerged. Many people lost their lives, but bands of survivors have flourished since this devastating war. Not much is remembered, many of those who lived before the catastrophe and survived, have long forgotten life before. But now, the stragglers of the human race must band together, to fight for precious resources and survive. Make friends, create your alliance, and gather your armies, and prepare for war. Gain territory, while defeating other groups of survivors, rediscover the power of nuclear warfare, and be the first to unleash havoc with the horrific Ion cannon, and instantly move your armies from across the world in a matter of seconds. Watch, as your foes stare in awe as your armies blacken out the sun as they invade their colonies. Remove all foes in your path, and even your own allies should they step between you, and global domination. With determination you can become powerful enough to bring quell this unyielding chaos that has engulfed our world.

Hows that? idk about the length since there seems to be no kind of counter, but oh well lol.

I like it, thanks for being the first story maker person :D

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:57 pm 
Captain
Captain

you are welcome!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:36 pm 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 WWW  YIM  Profile

Funny how I'm writing the Battle Dawn Saga when I'm reading this.

Quote:
Earth resource has been depleted, the only resource that they can find on Earth is Metal and Oil. As a result, big countries colapsed and smaller nations called colonies where created.

Then one day, some archeologists find a ruin in the Bermuda zone, they found some kind of a code, a puzzle. After months of research, they finally solved it, however nothing happened. Thinking that it was broken. The researchers returned home.

One month laters, several ships from outer space landed on Earth. Thinking that it's an allien invasion, some nations has come together and launch a big attack to one ship, try to show to the invader the strength of Earth military and attempt to make them retreat.

But they find nothing on that ship, no weapon, no aliens, nothing. Have no use for the ship, they decided to return home.

However, a group of scientists has decipher the documents retrieved in the ships. These ships are actually wat is left from the long lost ancient technology, which could create an unlimited resources once you gather all 10 ships. As a result, wars broke out between colonies in hope of using these ships (known as relics) for their own use.

After tons of battles, tons of soldiers have fallen, one nation succeeded. And they decided to bring unlimited resource to all colonies. Thinking war will be stopped and peace will return again, they happily return homes.

One month later, they recieve news. There seems to be a huge wars going on between a lot of colonies. They send tons of soldiers, recruited by the unlimited resources to each other. The owners of the relics couldn't make themselves to believe how large human greed is. It can't never be satisfied.

Large scaled wars just keep going on, trillions of soldiers and innocent people died, millions of nuclear warheads launched. As a result, humanity was deleted.

However, some people still alive...

Quote:
The survivor of the great war that destroyed Earth escaped to the space and set a base in the Saturn ring. There, they found other relics. Human greed once again roar the universe, as every base attack each other.

Human seems never learn the lesson of history. Now in the edge of humanity extinction, a group of scientists tried to use the enormous technologies lie in the relics to save mankind. However, they have trigger a time-space distortion. As a result, mankind was warped to a planet, where monsters, dwarves and elves ruling the places.

With human technology, mankind succeeded in making peace with other intelligent life-form, bringing flying ships which use woods as fuel and develop a shield which uses mana to recharge. They live happily in peace.

For several generations...

300 years later, some mysterious ships appear in the sky. "It's the relics" said a historian. Human, though live happily in this planet, always want to return home, to Earth. A group of scientists are sent to the relics in order to search for a way. However, they meet resistances. It is from the biggest nation, they want to use the relics power for their own use. There is no other way, other nations must stand together and fight.

After 100 years of fighting, at last the biggest nation has fallen. The relics have been researched carefully and human is once again, warp to another planet, close to Earth, called Mars.

There they found a shocking truth.

An allien race call Kashira is going to invade Earth and they are making a base in Mars, attempting to use the relics to support them.

Once again human has to stand together against the Kashira. In the end, human wins, take the relics and chase Kashira back to their homeworld. Too tired of war, human decided to use the relics for the whole humanity. They use resources created by the relics to revive Earth. After 2000 years, Earth has been revived, and everyone live a peaceful life.

Sometimes, some historians wonder "Why the relics are everywhere?". But it seems to be never answered.

I'm working on expanding this story, having each theme for each volume and around 10 chapters for each volume. Maybe I'll pick a commander, either from good or bad side, to tell the story.

Anyway, will use this from now on, the whole part need to be re-worked on the grammar but I'm a little bit busy with that :P

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:44 pm 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 WWW  YIM  Profile

Sorry for double post, but this is actually another submission.

My story is more like a saga, so if you want to have a story like in the Wiki, the "U're a leader.... welcome to Battle Dawn" thing. I nominate the story written by TheEastIsRed
Quote:
History has ended. The civilizations of the past have faded from memory. All that remains of them are the ruins of their cities and the technologies that destroyed them. What is known is that just before the End of History there was a Final World War – and then, a catastrophe known only as “The Event” nearly wiped humankind from the face of the Earth. Countless died. Some survived. Now, they rebuild…

You emerge as the leader of a colony of survivors removed from the rest of humanity. Through industry, ingenuity and sheer selfless spirit, you manage to restore some semblance of society. That is until a band of brigands raids your settlement, slaughtering everyone in sight and plundering everything they can get their hands on. You manage to repel the invaders – yet as you examine the wounded everywhere around you, you know that it is not enough. The world is bigger than you know…

You learn that there are other survivors, other colonies scattered across the Earth. You learn that they have already armed, for they have learned before you that there are not enough resources to share with everyone. Everywhere battles are being fought. Everywhere wars are being waged. And now, strange omens have begun appearing in the sky: unidentified flying objects; and fantastic fortresses – neither ancient nor modern – floating high overhead, promising escape to another, better world.

Somewhere, the light of hope must still shine. Whether peace lies in conquering every colony under the sun or in seizing the means to escape this doomed planet is up to you. One thing is certain, however: befriend, betray, deceive or destroy, you will do anything to keep your colony safe.

Welcome to Battle Dawn.

I've sent him a msg to ensure that he knows he's joining the competition.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:02 pm 
Major
Major

Alrite! I will just have to ignore the double post :P

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:39 pm 
Captain
Captain
 YIM  Profile

In a world of science and dreams there is a place called BATTLEDAWN Where you can travel and conquer where you can make alliances and where you can make allies and a enemy and enemy alliances these are the worlds of Battledawn Fantasy, Earth, Mars, and Galaxy. It is current day earth where Science is our child and we must nurture it. It all started in a lab the creator unknown the process was to create a portal to travel from place to place around earth as a device of travel instead something went wrong and in its place something better emerged A portal that traveled through time and space thus with the earth population over flowing we decide to populate through time we travel through the portal to a place before cars and before modern day tools and supplies where dragons roam free then we travel through time to the future and we land on time where we have colonized mars and we travel further into the future well past the expiration date of our sun where we now live on ships and through it all we have found that we ban together to control territory and fight to be the best.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 4:01 am 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 WWW  YIM  Profile

shelton9778 wrote:
In a world of science and dreams there is a place called BATTLEDAWN Where you can travel and conquer where you can make alliances and where you can make allies and a enemy and enemy alliances these are the worlds of Battledawn Fantasy, Earth, Mars, and Galaxy. It is current day earth where Science is our child and we must nurture it. It all started in a lab the creator unknown the process was to create a portal to travel from place to place around earth as a device of travel instead something went wrong and in its place something better emerged A portal that traveled through time and space thus with the earth population over flowing we decide to populate through time we travel through the portal to a place before cars and before modern day tools and supplies where dragons roam free then we travel through time to the future and we land on time where we have colonized mars and we travel further into the future well past the expiration date of our sun where we now live on ships and through it all we have found that we ban together to control territory and fight to be the best.

Apart from grammar and some place needed to re-touch. This story needs to inspire new players to play Battle Dawn, and to pull old players to re-play the game.

I don't think the idea of a portal travelling through space and time is good. It is if BD is a MMORPG (even I, a RPG hater, would want to play a MMORPG that allow u to travel through space and time like that) but no, BD is a MMORTS. You need to promote things like strategy, diplomacy, skills and boost.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next