It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours





Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Why Are Atheists Atheist?
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:07 pm 
Captain
Captain
 Profile

Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:51 am
Posts: 661
Gender: male
While I would love to trawl through a page of badly written satire, can I get a reply to my comments? :)

_________________
The Lemon-Coloured* forum Demi-God!

The Battle Dawn Staff:
Working with you, to make and maintain
the very best browser based game!

*Lemon-Flavoured, according to Andrew...


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Why Are Atheists Atheist?
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:21 pm 
Major
Major
User avatar
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:38 am
Posts: 4767
Location: In your closet , the netherlands
Gender: male
Steven wrote:
While I would love to trawl through a page of badly written satire, can I get a reply to my comments? :)

You where right In it :P

_________________
ImageImage
best rank/Best rank of alliance which I led 1#
Most amount of crystals/relics held 355/3
Total amount of crystals/relics obtained 2500~/11


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Why Are Atheists Atheist?
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:24 pm 
Captain
Captain
 Profile

Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:51 am
Posts: 661
Gender: male
rederoin wrote:
Steven wrote:
While I would love to trawl through a page of badly written satire, can I get a reply to my comments? :)

You where right In it :P


Well, they were in opposition to your points. So, either I, or you, are right :P

_________________
The Lemon-Coloured* forum Demi-God!

The Battle Dawn Staff:
Working with you, to make and maintain
the very best browser based game!

*Lemon-Flavoured, according to Andrew...


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Why Are Atheists Atheist?
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:27 pm 
Major
Major
User avatar
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:38 am
Posts: 4767
Location: In your closet , the netherlands
Gender: male
Steven wrote:
rederoin wrote:
Steven wrote:
While I would love to trawl through a page of badly written satire, can I get a reply to my comments? :)

You where right In it :P


Well, they were in opposition to your points. So, either I, or you, are right :P

Not exactly , you misunderstood my.

_________________
ImageImage
best rank/Best rank of alliance which I led 1#
Most amount of crystals/relics held 355/3
Total amount of crystals/relics obtained 2500~/11


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Why Are Atheists Atheist?
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:29 pm 
Captain
Captain
 Profile

Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:51 am
Posts: 661
Gender: male
Would you like to clarify where I did, and why?

_________________
The Lemon-Coloured* forum Demi-God!

The Battle Dawn Staff:
Working with you, to make and maintain
the very best browser based game!

*Lemon-Flavoured, according to Andrew...


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Why Are Atheists Atheist?
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:34 pm 
Major
Major
User avatar
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:38 am
Posts: 4767
Location: In your closet , the netherlands
Gender: male
Steven wrote:
ronelm2000 wrote:
Evolution doesnt have proof.

Look...try to present your "proofs" of evolution, and I'll "unproof" them.


Despite me disagreeing with some of red's arguments. I can ultimately say on this matter, you are wrong. It is an empirically verified fact, and it is the most probable explanation for the origin of species (intended).

Now, onto red.

Quote:
Because their is no proof!
And gues what!
evolution does have proof!


Well, no. There is no "proof" for both sides, taking proof to mean deductive proof, as it should be. However, if you're talking about evidence - which you probably are, in virtue of evolution being induced by an a posteriori argument - then you're wrong.
Indeed talking abouth evidence.

Of course theism has evidence for it. To deny the existence of their arguments is foolish. You could say "the evidence for theism is not sufficient for it to be true" - fair enough, that's reasonable. But why not? Specific cases is required.
"the evidence for theism is not sufficient for it to be true" <- this indeed , as to why , their have been tons of religions
Litterly in the thousands.
Zeus , Apollo, Ra , Jupiter, Cronus , Gaia , anubis , just to name a few.
All have different views of the world.




Alto , I don't see how this has anything to do with the main topic of "why are atheist atheist"

_________________
ImageImage
best rank/Best rank of alliance which I led 1#
Most amount of crystals/relics held 355/3
Total amount of crystals/relics obtained 2500~/11


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Why Are Atheists Atheist?
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:34 pm 
Major
Major
User avatar
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:38 am
Posts: 4767
Location: In your closet , the netherlands
Gender: male
Steven wrote:
Would you like to clarify where I did, and why?

The whole "proof/evidence" part

_________________
ImageImage
best rank/Best rank of alliance which I led 1#
Most amount of crystals/relics held 355/3
Total amount of crystals/relics obtained 2500~/11


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Why Are Atheists Atheist?
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:44 pm 
Captain
Captain
 Profile

Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:51 am
Posts: 661
Gender: male
Quote:
"the evidence for theism is not sufficient for it to be true" <- this indeed , as to why , their have been tons of religions


Non-sequitur.

1. There is not enough evidence for theism to be considered the truth
2. Ergo, There have been lots of different theistic beliefs.

How on earth do you draw that?

Quote:
Alto , I don't see how this has anything to do with the main topic of "why are atheist atheist"


If you would like to take this conversation elsewhere, feel free to make a thread :)

_________________
The Lemon-Coloured* forum Demi-God!

The Battle Dawn Staff:
Working with you, to make and maintain
the very best browser based game!

*Lemon-Flavoured, according to Andrew...


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Why Are Atheists Atheist?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:09 pm 
Private
Private
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:27 am
Posts: 5
Gender: male
I think there's not such thing as atheist people. Every single one who doesn't believe in nothing, is no longer in this world, everyone lives as long as they believe in anything, whatever it is. Christians, catholics, muslims and judes, most of them criticize people with their own belief.

Every single person believes in something (most of us believes in what our parents told us to believe or what they told us not to believe, :P ). It doesn't matter if we follow our belief strictly or not. Atheistm does not exist. Even an nihilistic like Nietzche believed in something (the "Übermensch", the "Superman").


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Why Are Atheists Atheist?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:46 pm 
Captain
Captain
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:48 pm
Posts: 1109
Because we created god to explain the unexplainable in the olden times. We created him. Before we had language there was no god because it was impossible to convey that idea with just actions. Once language came we used it as a way to explain things we didn't understand. The Ancient Greeks and Romans had gods to explain what happened with weather. When there was lightning "oh, Zeus is angry." They had stories to explain everything. Even now when things happen that scientists can't understand some psychos call it miracles. They aren't miracles they are just things we don't have the technology to figure out or haven't figured out yet.

God was also created because people had trouble coping with the concept of death. They didn't want this to be it. They didn't want this to end when they died. So they chose to believe that there was a better place to go to after they died.

God was created so people can forgive themselves. God "forgives all." People want to believe that there is someone out there who will forgive them no matter how bad they act or what they do. Alot of the times it helps people cope with the atrocities they have committed.

_________________
Image
Image


Top
 

Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours



You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
cron
WarLingo Android Mobile Game

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group  
Copyright Tacticsoft Ltd. 2008   
Updated By phpBBservice.nl