It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:14 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Code of Behaviour
PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:53 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

To start off, this guide is not by me.
This guide is quite old, but no less relevant for it. It was from the old forums and one of the guides that I considered good enough to store in my own hard drive. It's been edited very slightly from the original version, but only for grammar, spelling etc.

Code of Behavior

Introduction
The reason for writing this little ‘guide’ is because I see many players, and also often alliance leaders, who act very immature. I’ve fixed myself some personal rules and I think most of us will agree with me, while reading trough these statements. I want to stress that this is the way I personally think people should act to play the game fairly.

Most of this advice has been thought of in the psychological way of human thinking. You have to guess the next move of the other players, to try to read their minds, what they would be exactly thinking of you right now. And you can have influence on their thinking by acting in a well-defined way.

1. Leaving an alliance
Never leave an alliance without a warning.
Before you leave your alliance, the right thing to do is to send a mass message telling them that you’re leaving the alliance. It’s even better to think of a good reason and tell them your motivation for leaving the alliance. If you do this, they will accept your departing more easily.
But certainly don’t leave without any warning. You will be considered a traitor by your alliance members, and if they start telling it to everyone, you will be known as a traitor through the whole of Battledawn and have more difficulties joining alliances.

2. Messages
When someone, whoever it may be, sends you a message; always try to send them a reply. This is the best thing to do for you, because the one who sent you the message could start spamming on you because he’ll find you arrogant because you don’t answer his messages. Second point here is that you should always try to stay quiet, polite and certainly not aggressive in your messages. If you behave the right way, your opponent/ ally/others.., will show more respect for you and try to behave too. When you put a signature like for example: Greetings, -<your player name> at the end of your message, it will make the message sound more serious and official.
Don’t send any challenging or humiliating messages either. It will only make the relationship between you and the other player worsen. It could make him so mad that he’ll start planting spies everywhere, send out squads to attack your OP’s and maybe even forge a plan to take out your colony.

3. Managing an alliance (not only for leaders)
What is one of the most important things to do in an alliance is creating a structure. A hierarchic structure. An alliance leader for example, should not take all the decisions on his own, but ask the alliance members for their opinion first. This way a leader could indicate different ‘classes’ in an alliance, like the commanders, the councillor, the common players who follow the orders and maybe some other rankings. Try to give each member the feeling of him being needed. You have to encourage the rest of the alliance, and even though you wouldn’t really need them, just request them for coordinated attacks or radar jams or anything else.
Also control your greediness. Inside competition for crystals or conquers in an alliance is one of the worse things that can happen. If you’re one of the strongest players, leave the others a chance to get their ranks higher up too. Fix clear rules like: the first one who sent out the squad is the one the conquer belongs too; to avoid confusion

4. Inviting someone into the alliance
When you want someone to join your alliance, certainly don’t just send him an invite immediately; send him a message with a proposal to join, and make clear what the player needs to have, put up some requests (like experience, activity etc.) . If the player you want to invite has a higher rank than you, they will think lower of you. Then you should try to convince him to join by telling him that you’re an experienced leader, and your members are experienced too etc.

5. Helping others
When one of your alliance members needs your help and tells this in a mass message, send a mass message with your answer telling you will be glad to help him, and try to fulfil his requests. This will make you more respected, as well as trustworthy. You will be someone on which we can count. If you just stay indifferent and never reply to anything, people will start calling you a loner and thinking you have a lack of team play abilities.

6. Going to war.
When you go to war with an alliance, you should send the leader an official war declaration and the reason why you start the war. “We want more crystals” or “you guys are newbs” aren’t valuable good reasons. Not sending the leader an official declaration is very low. It’s true that you may have the advantage of surprise, but it is very low to attack a neutral alliance without warning (post tick 500)
Never betray a friendly alliance. No matter how high they’re ranked, no matter how low. When you have made an alliance agreement, you at least tell the leader of the alliance that you have decided to un-ally them before you attack. Not doing this is considered a backstab. And this will considerably worsen the reputation of the whole alliance.

7. Kicking out a member
If a member isn’t active enough you should kick him. Before doing this, send him a warning explaining him that he’ll get kicked next time he ‘breaks’ the rules. If he does it another time, you may kick him out.

It is completely immoral and unfair to kick out teammates for getting with a higher score. And conquering them after you kicked them is even lower. So for their sake, please send them a message and let them a chance to relocate somewhere instead of just destroying their achievements in this era. Ask yourself…. Would you like to be in their place?

8. Conclusion: The true valours of a good player
Contrary to what many may think, it is not the score that matters.
Someone who is active, helpful and plays in a team, is worth much more, than someone who has 10 times as much power but who is too selfish to do anything for the others. So the true virtues of a good BD player are loyalty, activity, having any honour, being respectful, polite, being helpful, being a team player and so on. Those who come with suggestions, proposals, who form their own opinion, will be much more appreciated than too quiet members who simply follow the group.

9. End conclusion:
I hope this guide will be helpful to anyone who reads it, although I know most of the people who come on the forums are more experienced than me and will probably know most of things written here, this is what I’ve been trough and I wanted to share it with others. If anyone has something to add, send me a PM and I’ll write it in the guide.

Thanks for the reading.

Written by Hydroxid of Chemical.

Note that I will be posting some more of the still-relevant old guides in the coming weeks.
Thanks for reading!

Post subject: Re: Code of Behaviour
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:49 pm 
Major
Major

this is all true, although a member who goes with the group is still valuable... lol some are too selfish to even do that.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:11 am 
Private
Private

I agree with ALL of this.

Even people/groups at war should respect eachother. And teammates should always respect fellows.

Hey Moderator, Put this at the top of the forum and pls make it sticky. Everyone should read this!

If only everyone played with this kind of honor....

Thanks Branabus, this was a grand post.
*curtly bows before Branabus*

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:22 am 
Corporal
Corporal

i try to be like this every single day of my BD career

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 3:11 pm 
Private
Private
 WWW  Profile

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :D :D plzzz follow the rules
or you will get banned

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 7:57 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

This is a good guide yes, but this is based more on gaining respect and friends then playing the game itself.

TCA#1
M#1
Proud member of NR WIND and TFF
"I stopped working for drugs when they stopped working for me."

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 9:22 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Lol... not to be mean, but i like how the guy who posted the guide on how to behave, has a picture of joseph stolin as his image... just putting that out there...

F6- LIS, ABEL
E3- DIP, DKS
Best rank: 7
Most power: 152
Most crystals: 118

Dont forget the BUNNEH!
(\ (\
(^=^)
(_(")(")

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 9:34 pm 
Major
Major
 WWW  Profile

firesail wrote:
i try to be like this every single day of my BD career
And everybody else should too.

Most Crystals: 121
Highest Power: 212

Sensual bath time feat. Ferr3t
Spoiler:

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 6:17 am 
Corporal
Corporal

Jettlag wrote:
Lol... not to be mean, but i like how the guy who posted the guide on how to behave, has a picture of joseph stolin as his image... just putting that out there...

I call noobishness.
Josef was about as good a guy as Winston Churchill. Both were glorious leaders. Both were not-quite-so-good people on a personal level. Both didn't do good things to their bodies.
I would defend Josef Stalin as doing what he needed to do to keep him country together. Hence, he behaved impeccably.

I hope you also notice the ironic top hat as a sign that my respect for him only goes so far.

So, hey. I am confident about my avatar. Stop being so jelly :D

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 12:11 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

lol, branabus chill XD it was merely an ironic comment, about how most people consider stalin to be a complete jerk, and here is a person with him for an avatar giving advice on behavior XD

F6- LIS, ABEL
E3- DIP, DKS
Best rank: 7
Most power: 152
Most crystals: 118

Dont forget the BUNNEH!
(\ (\
(^=^)
(_(")(")

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next