It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: ByE4 guide
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:39 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

So this is my first game guide. I'm a veteran of Battle Dawn - Played all the old servers and will miss it :cry: but I'm a ember of the Number 1. Alliance in the old Earth 4. :D . This is the guide to be No 1. from beginning to End.

Leader

First of all you need a distinguished leader. I recommend someone thats online a lot, friendly, has some experience and dedicated to the game. The leader must be able to co-ordinate squads and help his fellow members out. He should always be finding new ways of improving an alliance. Without a good leader, you'll all be fighting without any co-operation or team work. The leader is vital.

Members

So your an alliance and you need members. First of all when you've started the round you should already either

1. Have friends willing to join
2. Preexisting one last round.

The beginning is important to have 4 members at least. This is so you can protect each other. Once you've established 4 members, select one of them for scouting.

Scouting

One member of the 4 at least goes scouting for future members and informs the leader. The others will try and make their alliance rise above others.

Early Stages

So, once you start you will notice that everyone around you is protected. There are 2 ways of getting quick conquers at the beginning. You need conquers to produce food etc.

1. Leave protection quick and donate and build constructions then advance with attacks.
2. Stay in protection, gather lots of resources and then rush to build units.

Their is a 3rd way though. This one comprises of just regular stuff.

3. Build normally and build units occasionally. This is risky so I recommend you use this when you are in a place where there aren't any rival alliances.

Follow on

So once you've managed to have full members and a good reputation - do this. The follow on.

You split up in Twos or 3's and in each continent try and bring it under control early. this should take you about 1000 ticks but if you manage it you'll be No 1.

Mid -way

So as I said it should be over 1000 ticks and therefore you should all relocate back together slowly. if you all relocate together without an army its hard to protect each other. Relocate in the pairs you were given in the different continents. So once your all together you'll notice that there are other strong alliances as well so, you need to make a Protection field.

Protection Field.

Anything thats in 5 ticks away attack or any colonies conquer and force relocate. This will make it hard fro rival alliances to attack you so its very good.

Build,build, and Build!

Once you have the protection field aim on building constructions and units this should go on for 500 ticks.

Units

make sure you have a variety. Remember each unit has a weakness.

Soldiers lose to Tanks
Vechs lose to Soldiers
Tanks lose to Vechs

There are also a variety of weapons.

Concussive are good V Soldiers
Beam V Vechs
Explosive V Tanks

There are also different bonuses

Armor - Basic - takes most damage in battle
Damage - inflicts more damage
Range - First to fire a shot in battle.

Shield Generator

Its good if you make all your alliance members build shield gen so you can power each others shields when their not on. its good to give you time to defend against the enemy or attack their OP's.

Money banking

Simple but relies on you not going crazy. Every-time someone gains 10000 metal or oil - it's shared between members. it dose require some common sense.

--------------------------------STRATEGY---------------------------------

Attacking NEWBS

Basic form of attacking - a method called draw and attack. You build lets say 10 units and split them into 10 1 man squads. Use one of them to attack their OP and capture it. The NEWB will try and get it back, so you can attack its colony unharmed. This will get you lots of conquers.

Defending against NEWBS

Never seen it happen but if they bother you relocate them far away.

Treaties

I recommend you make allies of the alliances near you that are GOOD.
Or make allies with Powerful ones but be careful not too make too many.

Attacking Close Alliances

if you decide against making a peace treaty with close alliances make sure you plant spies near them. They will probably mostly have Soldiers so EMP them! once that is done, move in with squads and attack all the colonies at the SAME time so its all for one and one for all. Once you conquered and taken crystals from them RELOCATE them or relocate yourself.

Renew Members

its harsh but fair. Make a deadline for members to have a certain score or they'll get kicked. Only do this if you are a top alliance. Then make sure you have members in backup.

Attacking Alliances Far Away

1. Save up oil
2. Build training bases 12 ticks away from them
3. keep building units
4. Group up a massive army and then slowly move it closer.
5. Settle down once you're 5 ticks away.
6. When they're least expecting it KABOOM attack all at once.

Attacking alliances over water

1. Save up oil and energy.
2. Gate your troops to nearby coast but leave some behind.
3. Nuke their barracks, this will degrade them and vaporize some units and may make them starve to death.
4. ATTACK

--------------------------------Website-----------------------------------

OFFICAL ByE4 website made by me!

http://bye4.webs.com

ENJOY!! HOPEFULLY YOUR NO 1. NOW!

Post subject: Re: ByE4 guide
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:26 am 
Major
Major
 WWW  Profile

mchl481 wrote:
So this is my first game guide. I'm a veteran of Battle Dawn - Played all the old servers and will miss it :cry: but I'm a ember of the Number 1. Alliance in the old Earth 4. :D . This is the guide to be No 1. from beginning to End.
Im sorry if this sounds harsh.
It isen't.

Leader

First of all you need a distinguished leader. I recommend someone thats online a lot, friendly, has some experience and dedicated to the game. The leader must be able to co-ordinate squads and help his fellow members out. He should always be finding new ways of improving an alliance. Without a good leader, you'll all be fighting without any co-operation or team work. The leader is vital.

Members

So your an alliance and you need members. First of all when you've started the round you should already either

3. Skilled/active/loyal players you know.

The beginning is important to have 4 members at least. This is so you can protect each other. Once you've established 4 members, select one of them for scouting.
Having only 4 members to begin whit , whi'll get you killed nearly certainly.

Scouting

One member of the 4 at least goes scouting for future members and informs the leader. The others will try and make their alliance rise above others.
You mean recruiting?

Early Stages

So, once you start you will notice that everyone around you is protected. There are 2 ways of getting quick conquers at the beginning. You need conquers to produce food etc.
Food will be gone in the new client , conquers are not worth getting for their res either.

1. Leave protection quick and donate and build constructions then advance with attacks.
scrap 2. , 1. gives your more resources

3. Build normally and build units occasionally. This is risky so I recommend you use this when you are in a place where there aren't any rival alliances.

Follow on

So once you've managed to have full members and a good reputation - do this. The follow on.

You split up in Twos or 3's and in each continent try and bring it under control early. this should take you about 1000 ticks but if you manage it you'll be No 1.
Controlling the world in 1000 ticks is not possible.

Mid -way

So as I said it should be over 1000 ticks and therefore you should all relocate back together slowly. if you all relocate together without an army its hard to protect each other. Relocate in the pairs you were given in the different continents. So once your all together you'll notice that there are other strong alliances as well so, you need to make a Protection field.
Recolating at tick 1000 is way to late , 400 is better.

Protection Field.

Anything thats in 5 ticks away attack or any colonies conquer and force relocate. This will make it hard fro rival alliances to attack you so its very good.

Build,build, and Build!

Once you have the protection field aim on building constructions and units this should go on for 500 ticks.

Units

Soldiers lose to Tanks
Vechs lose to Soldiers
Tanks lose to Vechs
Tanks do not have a advantage over inf . , only the veh->tank , inf->veh , bonus is only 25% (which is lower compared to the weapon type penalty , i also suggest using only 1 chassis (as a player , not allaince) due to less chance of range losses

Beam V Vechs
Explosive V Tanks

Shield Generator

Its good if you make all your alliance members build shield gen so you can power each others shields when their not on. its good to give you time to defend against the enemy or attack their OP's.

Money banking

Simple but relies on you not going crazy. Every-time someone gains 10000 metal or oil - it's shared between members. it dose require some common sense.

Attacking NEWBS

Basic form of attacking - a method called draw and attack. You build lets say 10 units and split them into 10 1 man squads. Use one of them to attack their OP and capture it. The NEWB will try and get it back, so you can attack its colony unharmed. This will get you lots of conquers.
Before your done whit this , somobody else will have the conqeur.

Defending against NEWBS

Treaties

again , no , this only weakens you.

if you decide against making a peace treaty with close alliances make sure you plant spies near them. They will probably mostly have Soldiers so EMP them! once that is done, move in with squads and attack all the colonies at the SAME time so its all for one and one for all. Once you conquered and taken crystals from them RELOCATE them or relocate yourself.

Renew Members

its harsh but fair. Make a deadline for members to have a certain score or they'll get kicked. Only do this if you are a top alliance. Then make sure you have members in backup.
Not taking activity , skill , teamwork and loyalty is considering is a HUGE mistake , ive seen enough low ranked players , end high

1. Save up oil
2. Build training bases 12 ticks away from them The will spot it quick enough.
3. keep building units
4. Group up a massive army and then slowly move it closer. to slow = more time for the enemy to prepare.
6. When they're least expecting it KABOOM attack all at once. If their good enough , the will except it , at every single time.

3. Nuke their barracks, this will degrade them and vaporize some units and may make them starve to death.
4. ATTACK
no food in NC.

Total amount of crystals/relics obtained 2500~/11

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:58 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

rederoin wrote:
mchl481 wrote:
[color=#00FF00]Im sorry if this sounds harsh.
It isen't.

Leader

Members

Scouting

You mean recruiting?

Early Stages

Food will be gone in the new client , conquers are not worth getting for their res either.

Follow on

Mid -way

Protection Field.

Build,build, and Build!

Units

Soldiers lose to Tanks
Vechs lose to Soldiers
Tanks lose to Vechs
Tanks do not have a advantage over inf . , only the veh->tank , inf->veh , bonus is only 25% (which is lower compared to the weapon type penalty , i also suggest using only 1 chassis (as a player , not allaince) due to less chance of range losses

Beam V Vechs
Explosive V Tanks

Shield Generator

Money banking

Attacking NEWBS

Defending against NEWBS

Treaties

Renew Members

Not taking activity , skill , teamwork and loyalty is considering is a HUGE mistake , ive seen enough low ranked players , end high

1. Save up oil
3. keep building units
4. Group up a massive army and then slowly move it closer. to slow = more time for the enemy to prepare.
6. When they're least expecting it KABOOM attack all at once. If their good enough , the will except it , at every single time.

4. ATTACK
no food in NC.

JEEZE HONESTLY[/color]

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:01 am 
Major
Major
 WWW  Profile

mchl481 wrote:
mchl481 wrote:
[color=#00FF00]Im sorry if this sounds harsh.
It isen't.

Leader

Members

Scouting

You mean recruiting?

Early Stages

Follow on

Mid -way

Protection Field.

Build,build, and Build!

Units

Soldiers lose to Tanks
Vechs lose to Soldiers
Tanks lose to Vechs

Beam V Vechs
Explosive V Tanks

Shield Generator

Money banking

Attacking NEWBS

Defending against NEWBS

Treaties

Renew Members

1. Save up oil
3. keep building units

4. ATTACK
no food in NC.

JEEZE HONESTLY[/color]

what?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:14 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

WHhhhhhhhat
o_O
Why, pray tell, is this guide simply repeated like 5 times in a row without anything else being said. Please don't be so lazy to quote and post without doing a little editing >_< It's ridiculous, cause if you actually DID say something, I just totally missed it because of the endless repeated text.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:18 pm 
Major
Major
 WWW  Profile

willow wrote:
WHhhhhhhhat
o_O
Why, pray tell, is this guide simply repeated like 5 times in a row without anything else being said. Please don't be so lazy to quote and post without doing a little editing >_< It's ridiculous, cause if you actually DID say something, I just totally missed it because of the endless repeated text.

Read my green text , i diden't bother putting up quotes all the time :)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:10 pm 
Major
Major

Yeesh. This guide is so damn long. It took my like half an hour to read it.

Zhester: *You're :D

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:09 am 
Specialist
Specialist

You read very slow then...

Stop playing games and buy a book! :D

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:47 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Are you a dork or something? Battledawn rules over books.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:54 am 
Major
Major
 WWW  Profile

What that statement i do not only consider this guide fail , but also mchl.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next