It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: [GUIDE] How to Coordinate Group Attacks
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:49 am 
Corporal
Corporal

A Group attacks is where multiple members of your alliance attack the same target on the same tick.

In my eyes, this is one of the most necessary tactics to master in order to make a good alliance. I have found that a-lot of people do not understand how to do a group attack so i have decided to write this guide.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Leader or attack planner finds a target they want to attack

2. Leader or attack planner orders alliance members who are going to participate in the attack into a region which can engage the target (i.e it's less then max tick away).

3. Leader or attack planner decides on a tick number to attack the target. This is the tick which the battle will take place, not that the units will move.

If you are choosing a tick attack time you must keep in consideration the amount of time it takes to get to the target and also the amount of time it takes for your alliance members to log on and check the orders.

!!!!!
If you alliance members are not attacking from the same position then you also need to keep in mind the amount of extra (or less) time it will take for them to get to the target.

as an example, 3 alliance members each have 3 squads on OUTPOST A. The attack leader wants to attack a hostile gate which is 12 ticks away, so he decides on a tick number that he wants to hit that target. The current tick is 100 and since he wants to give his alliance members time to log on and check order he decides to add 20 extra ticks before the attack.

So we add the number of ticks to "wait" to the number of ticks it takes to travel.

12 + 20 = 32

So the attack will take place at tick 132

He sets his squads to attack now, at tick 100
He adds "delays tick" 20 ticks and then sends a message to his alliance members that the attack will take place at 132

Now... he logs out

if another alliance member logs in at tick 110 he gets the message and delays his attack to arrive at 132,

Since it takes 12 ticks to travel he only delays 10 ticks.

4. All alliance members delay their attacking ticks so that the target ARRIVES at the chosen tick.

5. All squads arrive at chosen tick for extra military power!

Post subject: Re: [GUIDE] How to Coordinate Group Attacks
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:19 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
 YIM  Profile

good guide!

Although I would also add to it that the target will also detect the delayed attack.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:25 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

The guide is just a draft.

And i would not add the part that you suggested because it is not true.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:44 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

It is important to practice this technique to get it right.

I know that it is actually simple if you follow the steps and have the routien down, but first you need to run it through once.

I am trying, right now, to get my alliance to practice this.

My alliance is new and alot of the players log on about once a day but they are still noobs... They are noobs because their ability to follow orders is low. For example.. I am trying right now to get everyone in the alliance to put a 1 man infantry squad at a certain location. I told them all that we are practicing group attacks by delaying ticks but first we need everyone to put a 1 man squad on the spot.

9 of the 19 have done it so far and its' been 3 days.

I have talked to the people who have not done it and they even reply back saying they understand, but they never do it.

So first, one must be able to get alliance members to follow simple movement order.

Now the target i have picked out will be an out post 7 ticks away.. and once everyone gets a squad on our launch point i will issue the attack, i will set the battle to occur 48 + 7 ticks from the time i launch the attack. This will give my alliance an entire day to get the order...

So all i need to do is say "we are attacking target at (current tick time + Delay time + travel time)" and all the members have to do is delay their ticks so that their ARRIVAL happens at the time i choose.

It is really so simple in truth.. and i feel that an alliance which can negotiate these tactics is far superior then one who cannot. Yet it is so hard to train random folk... lol...

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:48 pm 
Private 1st class
Private 1st class

a really good guide for alliances!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:39 am 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

bobington wrote:
The guide is just a draft.

And i would not add the part that you suggested because it is not true.

no they can't,

and this is a good job, i would also advice to make ur alliance into smal groups of 2-3 people who try to coordinate as much as possible on a regular basis ;)

Thank you Michael
http://www.battledawn.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=111&t=15076
Thank you developers
(^-check out the topics)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]