Hmm, that's how I got to hold my share of territory in Mars 2...
Oh man, I feel as newbie as I'll ever be.I feel like a total idiot relying on all the steps mentioned below:
Bear in mind! This is a long term strategy that is only advised if you are able to persevere through trouble.I can't believe that I have to do all this so that I could actually play the game. It took me over 600 ticks to dominate Mars 2. But hey, on the bright side I accomplished something.
This strategy is used to both free yourself and others as well as weaken your enemy.
1. Get conquered. That's how it all begins.
2. Plant agents. These agents are the long term sleeper agents. Plant a few of them in some of the enemy alliance's colonies, not all.
3. Build up friendships with any and all neighbors that are conquered from the same alliance or colony. Have them follow steps 1,4, and 5.
4. Plant some quicker use agents on the other colonies. Use them to launch terrorist strikes on those colonies.
5. Build up troops, lots of them.
This is where you have a choice. You can do one of two things. On one hand, you can get all Spartacus on their a**es and get your friends to revolt at the same time. Hopefully, you and your allies can hold out against the onslaught. More heroic, and will inspire many other rebellions like it, but high risk. Use if you want your cause to be public.
You can wait till something happens, like the enemy gets involved in a war. While they're occupied, you can quietly rebel. While not as flashy, you can do this more successfully. Use if you don't want to lose all those unit's you've built.
Once free, you can go about your business, get revenge, quit the world. Your call.