It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:12 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: How To Play an Era ..... Part 1 * MUST READ*
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:05 pm 
Private 1st class
Private 1st class

You have decided to finally *WIN* a round in battledawn, well first you must pick a world, scope out each world ( On Earth.. Lets say ) to see who the competition is and how they play, what units the build, and where they usually start or if they build in pods instead of one big hive. Once you do this and have an idea of the major alliance's gameplay you can begin the first part of your journey to becoming a BD legend. Usually there are alliance’s that come back almost every single era and usually these are the ones that end up winning and keep piling up the blue tokens they are awarded at the end of each era.

Now that you have scoped out the major alliances and their approach to playing the game, you are ready to construct a team, most of us have connections in the game or you can directly make teammates through alliances, Most worlds now play 10 - 12 player each era in an alliance, So check out what the number limit for the alliance is era's before you start, I mostly pick people who I know and have the emails of, and play BD really well, I have 3-4 of those friends who are super active and everything and end up getting into the top 10’s, then there are the decent players who are pretty good and have a good grip on the game but are not superactive and go on 2-3 times a day for a short time. You need to balance out the super active players with the decently active players, that way when something important happens like ( Relics are released and you happen to see one floating by your hive) than you have people that you can rely on that are active often and can send nuke/dragons and then launch with a delay so the decently active players can join the attack and reap the profits.

Now that you have the players you want, it's time to choose a location, whether you are playing on Earth,Mars or Fantasy the choice of location is EXTREMELY important, this will decide how you do, early on in the era and later on, your location must be abundant ( Or close to ) many resource ops ( Mines, Mills ). This will help you gain production early on in the era and help you build the advanced structures ages before anyone else can... On Earth my favourite spot to start from is North America or a bit below the Canadian border, for some reason this is where most of the noobs spawn and its abundant in resource ops, In Mars it's the same the Big middle island with what looks like marshes in it. For Fantasy the middle is once again the best starting position. So as you can see from my repetition that the middle is your best to start from.

Once you have a location in mind then you can decide if you would rather have one large supreme hive or 2 hives of 5-6 players each ( This is called dividing your alliance into pods ), the pods system is really useful when you don’t want all your players competing for the same resource ops or colonies/crystals. If you choose to divide your alliance into pods then you might have to give more directions to players in each pods, due to the different locations they are in, but this shouldn’t be a problem if you are down and willing to win an era and put your whole heart into it. If however you decide to have one supreme hive than you will have less problems and you as a leader might not have to be as active to get results from your players, since you have safety in numbers not many alliance will go to war with you right from the get - go.

* This is the first of my many guides on how to play an era, if you have any questions or want to be trained by me personally then please send me a message or post on the forum.

I have Played For: ARM,SoLD,Fear,BT,Simp and NE

Last edited by khadar1 on Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: How To Play an Era .... Part 1
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:15 am 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 WWW  YIM  Profile

erm... I'm not sure about checking other alliances before planning ur alliance is a good thing. Planning an alliance while the tick is freezing is somehow late already.

Post subject: Re: How To Play an Era .... Part 1
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:38 pm 
Private 1st class
Private 1st class

This all happens before the era even starts, remember that, planning any alliance while the ticks are forzen is sure to lead to downfall, ......

* 2nd tutorial coming right up : )

Post subject: Re: How To Play an Era ..... Part 1 * MUST READ*
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:20 pm 
Captain
Captain

I plan usually WAY before era starts

Also relics cant be nuked under admin controll

But this guide isnt for winning a round

I could beat any team living at these standards xD

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:31 pm 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 WWW  YIM  Profile

lol but it does cover one of the important part: plan the alliance before the era reset. I think it's good enough... this is just a part 1 :3

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:30 pm 
Private 1st class
Private 1st class

Hunta Man your high expectations are killing me ..... :) anyways like aister said this is the first out of many parts... i am sure you will find the parts to come more amusing..... and like i said what i said all happens ages before the round even begins...

* Its me The Man of E1........ Cool story bro.. tell it again :), ring any bells
TROLLOLOLOLOLOLOL

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:18 pm 
Captain
Captain

Yeah

and I defeated you didnt I :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

There are other things

Boosting helps... BUT!! Dosnt have to be reds

A large amount of blues can be very deadly...

ehh

Dont feel like talking tonight -_-

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]