It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:47 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

Please only post here if you have questions about BattleDawn game play, or if you have information that can help another player asking questions.

Please stay on topic.

No spam.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next
 Post subject: best unit setup
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 7:32 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Guys, for the past few days in between ticks, i've been playing with the simulator, and i THINK i might have found the best unit setups for each chassis.

INF- alright, most major alliances use the 20 range, 10 armor setup. its not the best. i found that 20 range 5 damage, and 5 armor works better, and in a battle between the two (setup INF anti LV to ensure no bonuses) it wins with 5 range INF remaining.

LV- alright, i found that a even split of the upgrades, seems to work the best. most top alliances go with 10 range, 5 armor. i find that 5 range, 5 damage, and 5 armor is the best setup here. once again, the 5/5/5 combo wins, with all the range still intact. (the battle is setup LV anti INF to ensure no bonuses)

TANK- Alright, i just went through MAJOR testing with this setup, took me a few days to find the best combo against the standard top alliance, 4 armor 6 range per squad. But, i found it. 2 armor, 3 damage, and 5 range beats the standard with 4 range still intact. (setup with TANK anti INF to ensure no bonuses)

All these ships are cheaper (aside from the INF setup) then the standard top alliance setups, and stronger. which allows you to make more ships, for the same price. and although the INF setup i mentioned is a bit costlier, i think it makes up for that with its increased amount of kills, and total units that survive.

If you guys got any setups, feel free to post them, i'll run the simulator to double check anything u come up with, and lets see what we can get shall we?

F6- LIS, ABEL
E3- DIP, DKS
Best rank: 7
Most power: 152
Most crystals: 118

Dont forget the BUNNEH!
(\ (\
(^=^)
(_(")(")

Post subject: Re: best unit setup
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 12:59 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Damage=No

You use damage,you will be easily defeated. Damage does not do more damage than range till after round 4 which most people try not to get.

No matter how long I have been gone, my heart will lead me back here.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 1:32 am 
Captain
Captain

Inf
20R-10A

Veh
10R-5A

Mech
7R-3A

These r the pro builds. If u use nething different then ur a newb

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 1:35 am 
Major
Major
 WWW  Profile

GerberBaby1 wrote:
Inf
20R-10A

Veh
10R-5A

Mech
7R-3A

These r the pro builds. If u use nething different then ur a newb

Most Crystals: 121
Highest Power: 212

Sensual bath time feat. Ferr3t
Spoiler:

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 2:47 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Guys, thats my point, your "Pro" build, is beaten by my build every time, check the simulator. and apparently, Damage does seem to be better... This setup is both cheaper, and beats the "Pro build". I've spent days on the simulator, trying to find something better then the "pro builds" these are the results. check the simulator first, setup your ships like this:

for the inf setup, your build vs mine, make them inf anti lv to avoid bonuses

for the LV setup, your build vs mine, make them LV anti inf to avoid bonuses

for the Tank setup, your build vs mine, make them TANK anti LV to avoid bonuses.

Check your setup b4 you say its better. the Sim has proved mine is better every time.

F6- LIS, ABEL
E3- DIP, DKS

Dont forget the BUNNEH!
(\ (\
(^=^)
(_(")(")

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 2:50 pm 
Captain
Captain

No it is not. It ties every time. And then run battles with the damage build having less troops overall then the range build and then run one with the range build having less troops overall then the damage build and the ranged build will kill more troops then the damage build would have. Ranged is better trust us we have all one multiple eras.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 3:04 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

GerberBaby1 wrote:
No it is not. It ties every time. And then run battles with the damage build having less troops overall then the range build and then run one with the range build having less troops overall then the damage build and the ranged build will kill more troops then the damage build would have. Ranged is better trust us we have all one multiple eras.

1. i didnt understand 90% of that...

2. It does NOT tie, i've run it many times, the experimental INF setup beats the standard top alliance setup with 5 range intact... the experimental LV setup beats the standard top alliance setup with all range intact... and the experimental tank setup beats the standard top alliance tank setup with 4 range intact.

3. You may have come in 1st before, but that has nothing to do with this. it may mean your experienced, but it doesn't mean you spent time on the simulator running these different setups. it means you used the standard setup, against the standard setup, and won by either boosting (not saying you do...) or by tactics. Simple as that. This new setup, i've never put to the real test in a battle, but theyre cheaper and will allow you to make more ships, and theyre stronger, which will allow you to fight more efficiently. and if your so certain about it, i say we go for a real situation test.

We each use our individual setups, 5 of each ships, 5 INF anti LV, 5 LV anti tank, and 5 Tank anti INF, with our individual unit setups, on some world we do not play, and see which setup comes out on top. shall we?

F6- LIS, ABEL
E3- DIP, DKS

Dont forget the BUNNEH!
(\ (\
(^=^)
(_(")(")

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 3:09 pm 
Captain
Captain

So here proves my first point that they tie in a even fight. It also proves that you clearly did not run ANY BRs like you said you did.

Last edited by GerberBaby1 on Tue May 31, 2011 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 3:17 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Thats not the setup buddy... 10 10 10 is not what i said...

Go back and reread it... ur using a completely different setup then what i said to use... 20 range, 5 damage, 5 armor for infantry. not 10 of each.

and for LVs i said run it so that its 5 of each upgrade, anti inf so there are NO bonuses.
the experimental should win, with all 5 range alive. when theyre using the anti LV setup, they tie, and when theyre setup to fight tanks, the experimental wins with 2 damage left, and all range.

I'd post it, but im to lazy to go through everything you need to post a BR...

Simply put, if you run the LVs setup to fight INF, the experimental wins with all range left, against other LVs it ties with the standard, and made to fight tanks, it beats the standard (again) with all range, and even 2 damage left alive.

And for tanks, ur butchered my setup again... 5 range, thats FIVE range, THREE damage, and TWO armor.

Setup properly, the BRs should finish like this:
Setup to fight infs, the experimental wins with 4 range left alive. after 8 rounds.

Setup to fight LVs, after 5 rounds, the experimental wins with 2 range left alive. a drop in surviving units, but still a win.

Setup to fight tanks, after 2 rounds, YOUR setup finally wins, with 2 range intact.

All in all, the experimental setup won 2/3 fights, and totally, had more surviving units. i'd call that a win any day in my books. not to mention, its still cheaper.

F6- LIS, ABEL
E3- DIP, DKS

Dont forget the BUNNEH!
(\ (\
(^=^)
(_(")(")

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 3:22 pm 
Captain
Captain

OMFG that is an even worse build not only is it more expensive then the other 2 it is not as good either.

Not only did my build win EVERY TIME but it was also cheaper then ur build.I thought you said you RAN the sims? This has been a total waste of my time. At least with the build I thought you suggested you were close to being right but with this one you couldn't have been more off

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next