It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: A (not so) Grand Return
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:22 am 
Captain
Captain

I played way back when there was just one server. Quit when the idea of a mars server was confirmed. Especialy since one of the suggested mars maps was just a distorted earth map turned red. :lol: Came back a bit later at some point. Quit again with the new client update (after trying it for half an era of course).

Ended up deciding to come back a year ago to collect blue tokens so I could play this year. But I only just remembered about that plan and my almost year old account only has a few hundred blues. :( But I am returning to this game with a semi-serious attitude like back in the good old days. Probably going to start with solo earth next era since I don't know anyone anymore.

Some names you may remember me by (but probably won't);
Santimasht, Diazepam, YourOnlineHero/OnlineHero, John, and if you're really an ancient cow from realms beyond battledawn, lumpy. I'm sure I was the first person to come up with the idea of "emperor of colony" too. But it's probably been done every single era there has been :lol:

I remember some people, but I won't name them. Partly because they probably aren't around anymore. But mainly because they don't deserve my kind words.

Also, what happened to NEWB alliance? Best. Alliance. Ever.

Last edited by Diazepam on Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: A (not so) Grand Return
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:27 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Diazepam wrote:
I played way back when there was just one server. Quit when the idea of a mars server was confirmed. Especialy since one of the suggested mars maps was just a distorted earth map turned red. :lol: Came back a bit later at some point. Quit again with the new client update (after trying it for half an era of course).

Ended up deciding to come back a year ago to collect blue tokens so I could play this year. But I only just remembered about that plan and my almost year old account only has a few hundred blues. :( But I am returning to this game with a semi-serious attitude like back in the good old days. Probably going to start with solo earth next era since I don't know anyone anymore.

Some names you are more likely to remember (but probably won't);
Santimasht, Diazepam, YourOnlineHero/OnlineHero, John, and if you're really an ancient cow from realms beyond battledawn, lumpy. I'm sure I was the first person to come up with the idea of "emperor of colony" too. But it's been done probably every single era there has been.

NEWB I heard of them :P

but not as great as Sky :D

anyway welcome back too battledawn,it's a pleasure to see old players returning to bd and start showing us newbies how the good old client players played :lol:

Hope to see you In game soon :) :D

ps I'm zarule6 nice too meet ya :arrow:

Good Luck and go rip apart the forum please we need more people on it !!!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:30 am 
Major
Major

Welcome Back :)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:34 am 
Captain
Captain

Nice to meet you too zarule. I think I shall post in the forums more.

And if we do need more forumers like you said. May I suggest adding another step to the tutorial? Simply reminding players about the forum. Maybe even toss them a few blue tokens for signing up to the forum.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:37 am 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Zarule6 wrote:
Diazepam wrote:

Santimasht, Diazepam, YourOnlineHero/OnlineHero, John, and if you're really an ancient cow from realms beyond battledawn, lumpy. I'm sure I was the first person to come up with the idea of "emperor of colony" too. But it's been done probably every single era there has been.

Are you crazy?
NEWB was way more awesome then sky :)

Are you the John I think you are?

Thank you Michael
http://www.battledawn.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=111&t=15076
Thank you developers
(^-check out the topics)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:39 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Diazepam wrote:
Nice to meet you too zarule. I think I shall post in the forums more.

And if we do need more forumers like you said. May I suggest adding another step to the tutorial? Simply reminding players about the forum. Maybe even toss them a few blue tokens for signing up to the forum.

WOW awesome idea :D

problem-I aint a mod or admin so its out of my Jurisdiction,but Ferr3t I know your gona read this listen to the guy :D

He's brilliant :idea:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:42 am 
Captain
Captain

simmen wrote:

John Lennon? Surprisingly, yes.

And thanks zarule. I really am brilliant, aren't I.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:50 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

simmen wrote:
Zarule6 wrote:
Diazepam wrote:

Are you crazy?
NEWB was way more awesome then sky :)

I still say Sky :D the NEWB i saw only got the rank 12 :lol: haha but maybe they are better,I'll never know :D

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:58 am 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 WWW  YIM  Profile

ur returning proves that BD has a strong magnetic field :twisted:

whatever u do, ur heart will be with BD :twisted:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:09 pm 
Private
Private

Your name rings a bell, but I can't remember why. And @Zarule and Simmen, I'm pretty sure he's talking about the NEWB alliance from the old client. :)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next