It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Vote for the changes you would like to see to relics
Poll ended at Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:24 pm
Don't change anything, I like relics how they are. 8%  8%  [ 77 ]
Make relics immune to spies, nukes and ion cannons when controlled by the admin. 21%  21%  [ 202 ]
Change the time relics spawn to tick 500 35%  35%  [ 335 ]
Change the way relics spawn so they spawn 1 at a time every so often till all 10 are released. 36%  36%  [ 339 ]
Total votes : 953
 Post subject: Re: Community Poll - Relic Changes
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:31 am 
Captain
Captain
 WWW  Profile

Making relics immune to spies and such will do nothing but cause top alliances to let their slaves/subs or enemies take a relic then rush in, backstab and take them their self...

Bad idea, very bad idea.

I do think Admins should take active control over them, drive them around, possibly attack with them...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:41 am 
Private
Private

I also want to say another thing pls increase the units in the relic so it is more fun attacking it :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:43 am 
Private 1st class
Private 1st class

i've chosen 2,3 and 4, 2 because well it makes it more of a challenge and more fun plus alliances that you will fight against early in the round are less likely to have nukes then xD, and 3 and 4 because i liked it that way before

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:59 am 
Private
Private

Andrew wrote:
Heyo Battle Dawners,

We've been discussing some changes to the relics as their current form has lead to several rounds ending extremely short and unsatisfying(No innuendo intended.) for most players.

I'd like to get the community's input on this discussion so please vote how you would like to see the relic system changed, you can vote for up to 3 different options so please choose your preferences if you have more than one, you may also change your vote and the voting will last for 3 days.

For reference: The current relic system has all 10 relics spawn in at tick 1 randomly around the world, they move randomly until captured by a player and have several hundred units defending them owned by the admin.

Feel free to discuss anything in the thread as I'll be keeping an eye on it closely till the voting ends and thanks for your feedback!

-Andrew

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:30 am 
Private
Private

i liked it the old way much better ;D

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:37 am 
Private
Private

Having been on both sides of this issue, I like the idea of a penalty for the alliance that gives them up. There is simply too many deals being made and although it is a nice boost to the score, there isn't enough reason to hold them.

I mean "give me the relic or you lose all your troops" is too easy to walk away from unless you have a real chance of getting all the relics.

I don't like making the relics immune to dragons and spies. It makes it more difficult for a weaker alliance to take them.

Releasing them one at a time makes it too easy to focus on them one at a time. If you release them all at once, you give the weaker alliances a chance. Then if there is a real penalty to give them up, they defend them with their last soldier.

Make the relics very desirable to take, hold and never give up with bonuses and penalties and you will have people that want them very much and never want to give them up...

my $0.02 ;)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:47 pm 
Private
Private

i think you should change it to 700 not 500 cuz then allmost everyallaince has about 300 units at least and they might be able to hit and take a relic with some nukes idk thats what i think i think 500 will stil be to early and having them spawn right off the start makes the strong alliance get them all and its so hard to stop them allmost imposible thanks for reading guys

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:59 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

3 & 4 for me.

I might agree with 2 but think that relics with troops on them should also have crystals.

E1 Mo of KOA - The Fighting 69th
E3-A5 Mo of Kingdom of Armagh - ARM
E3-A6 Barney Gumble - The Simpsons

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:09 pm 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

The reason why admins don't want to contro lthe relics anymore and we are making a automated system is because we are accused of being biased.

I personaly prefer the old way where the admin place the relics when he feel it's a good time. But since the poll do't have the option I'll vote 4 with the tweak that they start being released tick 500.

Thank you Michael
http://www.battledawn.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=111&t=15076
Thank you developers
(^-check out the topics)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:27 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

what about when the relics came out of wreckages :?: :?:

i thought that was a good idea :mrgreen:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next