It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 144 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next
 Post subject: Battle Dawn Mobile
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:32 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Hello everyone!

It has been a while since Battle Dawn had an update.
I'm happy to announce that the development of Battle Dawn mobile client is underway.

Please write here any suggestions/ideas/brainstorms how you would like to have your Battle Dawn experience to be.

The main purpose is to bring Battle Dawn to mobile smart phones and tablets as well as PCs.

Everything is open for suggestions, Art, Game rules, Anti-abuse strategies, game design. so our next update of Battle Dawn is to the liking of the community as much as possible.

We plan on increasing the size of the Battle Community from now on. And want to reward all our current and past players for helping us in the coming adventure.
So feel free to suggest also what would the Battle Dawn Elders (you guys) get in the mobile version of Battle Dawn.

We are very excited about this and we'll post updates on our progress. We want you all to have active part in the development of the next generation of Battle Dawn!

Big thank you for all our supporters who make the Battle Dawn experience live for more than 8 years already!

Michael
Battle Dawn Creator

Post subject: Re: Battle Dawn Mobile
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:44 am 
Captain
Captain

Extra buttons for controlling large amounts of squads w/out a keyboard. This is the main issue I have when playing on a touchscreen atm.

Same w/ disbanding units and moving them to new squads or filling squads.

I would like the art style to change. Similar to how we upgraded w/ the new client the layout you're looking at became richer and sharper. I would like that to happen again. But the things w/ smaller details should be smoother, like relics/colonies. The pictures for the unit recruitment should be subject to change as well.

I think camps nuked w/ incoming etas should be destroyed and have the squads moving towards them returned like wreckage's.

The boosting/cool down system. I would like it to be tweaked at a fixed level and not based on the worlds average resources. Say ticks 1-500 before the relics we would have all boosts for small be 3k metal or oil and 6k if large and after relics they would go to 6k and 12k. This is just a rough idea for it. Also I think the pricing for red tokens and the price of the boosts should change instead of having all the worlds have discounts every single era.

Blues are a difficult thing to come by in this game, I think there should be a way to earn them other than waiting weekly. If anyone can think of something please suggest it ^-^ Maybe something like you only have your tokens for each world on that world blue wise but reds go between worlds. This way you can redo achievements ect and only show your medals you've earned in that server.

I'm not sure if this is still done or not, but no more tick 1 bonus's it just adds an advantage to people who join early and prevents new players from wanting to join later.

Screenshot have a button that saves your current view of the screen. If possible make a simple editor addition to it like paint to crop or black out things.

Joining a new alliance, this is just personal preference but if you leave an alliance your control ticks shouldn't reset. Betrayal is part of the game but you also don't want people to be able to join new alliances immediately. So keep the time as 24 ticks to rejoin a new team but make the counter separate. This way a player can relocate even if he's been kicked. Adds a little drama back into the game.

The price of nukes should either increase since they are the most powerful thing in the game or be nerfed slightly. Maybe take away radiation or 80% of the hp of units and keep radiation. I know this is a little conflicting w/ the nuke destroying a camp but the camp system can be abused in game and I consider it more of a bug.

Take away the global chat, its primarily abused and not monitored enough. If the game picks up popularity again on mobile devices I wouldn't want people being turned away from the chat.

Decrease the price of spy protection and give us back unlimited agent planting.

Shield, have the ability to choose how long your shield lasts when fully charged. Note: Once popped this can't be changed.

NPC/Admin Participation. As the list goes on more of it will get increasingly selfish on my part. But I would like to see garrisons at the beginning of every round.

Production- I would either like the cap on the amount of workers possible to get to increase in conjunction w/ your territory or just overall in general.

Agent + Spies - I think we should be allowed to create more than 1 spy but keep the same number of max agents. Also I don't like that spies add 1 spy protection point to your alliances stuff when you can place agents on your own stuff.

Reduce the number of worlds. Maybe keep it at like something like this. 3 Earths + 1 Solo, 3 Mars + 1 custom and 3 Fantasy + 1 custom.

Find a way to incorporate achievements system between Galaxy and Dawn. As of now the same account can get blues on both for the same things and medals from the other wont show. I think this is a bug that encourages people to make new accounts to farm blues before an era instead of actually keeping there own account.

Edit: Make the "Max" button in the unit recruitment change from how much space you have left to how many units left you can create w/ your current resource count.

Map Size - An increase in map size would be appreciated and I do believe we could more competitive rounds out of it.

UFO's, I wouldn't mind seeing an increase rate in how often they come around. Sometimes I'm on all day and dont see one.

Minigames- New minigames for the mobile app would be nice as a pass time if bored and are trying to help out your alliance -you know gain more resources to do stuff-

Achievements - If there could be more achievements that would be something to look forward to as well. Maybe like rewarding statistic based counts or login or eras completed.

Resource Outposts - Make there locations a little more randomized or increase how many there are. As is I feel the benefits of certain locations aren't nearly as profitable as the income of others.

Alliance/Outpost Creation - There are some spots I feel make sense to be able to make outposts or colonies that aren't allowed. Mainly in areas w/ ice. This is also shown in some lakes like Michigan's great lakes in the US.

Admin Broadcast Messages at the top of the screen underneath the resource tab. I would like to believe the admins messages take precedence over all other players. Regardless of if its to drop in to say "hey" or if to talk about a big war/relics/end of round ect.

Fix the areas in the top corners so I don't have to zoom in slightly to see the entire map when fully zoomed out or make everything toggleable.

Have a "find my training base" button in the top right.

Include a link to the forums and the AANC in the "Welcome to Battledawn"message you get at the beginning of every round.

Create an auto-temp ban for reported messages that have multiple curse words in them. I think this is ridiculous how long it can take for someone verbally abusing others in game to get punished sometimes.

Evening out the use of damage units again should have another attempt thrown at it. Maybe increase the hp of armor and dmg units. B/c as of right now dmg units are mainly used for spams or by players new to the game.
I understand it's a stretch w/ this one b/c damage units are cheaper. But if the price of making them part of the game is increasing the price of the unit it may be worth a shot.

Relic Announcement - Make relics randomly released throughout the round until all 10 are out. Think it would be cooler than having a bunch released at once. It may also help w/ the number of people who make NAP's until relic release and then the admins just dont release relics until the rounds winner is decided.

Retired NEWS Reporter.

Last edited by Slinkybd on Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:59 pm, edited 12 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:46 am 
Captain
Captain

Well i play BD with phone via , photon , Dolphin and puffin
1st problem
the common problem i faced is to select multiple units ,
i need to select single unit each time to move them to the ship

2nd problem
this problem can be solved via photon , but now their policy for free verion has changed
u cant move here & there , hunting for wrecks or ufos
only problems faced till date
Best of luck to you team
Cheers

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:52 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Awesome to hear this!

And by now I can play from phone quite well, with a few problems.

1. Zooming in and out. If that could be made easier somehow in the mobile version that would be great.
2. Selecting more than one squad but not all. Since you need to use ctrl + click for this, this is very difficult on phones.
3. Scrolling around the map. Maybe have arrows at the sides of the screen that you can just click and hold to go around the map.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:22 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

I like!

I spend most of my free time playing BattleDawn on an iPhone 5 device but there are few problems to add to those stated above:

1. Sometimes I experience freezing and choppiness whether I am far from an internet modem but when on pc that doesn't happen.
2. Squad filling. Only possible when you select units and fill squads one unit after another which is a slow process and it takes a lot of time especially when you're not connected from a fast internet. Maybe implement an option to select a precised amount of units to add to a squad.

Best regards Michael :) !

Red color removed.
- Dawn

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:38 pm 
Private
Private

Michael wrote:
Hello everyone!

It has been a while since Battle Dawn had an update.
I'm happy to announce that the development of Battle Dawn mobile client is underway.

Please write here any suggestions/ideas/brainstorms how you would like to have your Battle Dawn experience to be.

The main purpose is to bring Battle Dawn to mobile smart phones and tablets as well as PCs.

Everything is open for suggestions, Art, Game rules, Anti-abuse strategies, game design. so our next update of Battle Dawn is to the liking of the community as much as possible.

We plan on increasing the size of the Battle Community from now on. And want to reward all our current and past players for helping us in the coming adventure.
So feel free to suggest also what would the Battle Dawn Elders (you guys) get in the mobile version of Battle Dawn.

We are very excited about this and we'll post updates on our progress. We want you all to have active part in the development of the next generation of Battle Dawn!

Big thank you for all our supporters who make the Battle Dawn experience live for more than 8 years already!

Michael
Battle Dawn Creator

it should be associated with key board which is not currently as much as required.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:40 pm 
Private
Private

hi guys

may i know in which all kinds of mobile phone can we play BD

[size=150][/size]JO THE KING[color=#80BF00][/color]

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:41 pm 
Private 1st class
Private 1st class

I heard ilona was behind this, so without even reading this I support whatever smexy idea she came up with ;)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:44 pm 
Private
Private

Hey,

Got an idea :)
If someone hands over sufficient proof, allow for the chance that people can get their army back if it died because battledawn servers were offline.
yet the ticks kept on going :-/

Also:
I find it wierd that if someone moves his units out of an outpost with lets say a 3 tick delay.
And you attack that outpost.
The units that have been delayed will fight for the outpost.
Yet if you lockdown the outpost they will just happly fly away.
Can this be fixed? makes no sense does it?

Regards,
Exolios

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:44 pm 
Private
Private

Awesome! Finally I will be able to play Battle Dawn everywhere!

I would like an update on the units' pictures inside Unit Training, they look a bit old.
Also, I would like a better UI, with smoother edges and details.
In the mobile version, instead of having a table with the buttons, you could make a sliding bar in the bottom of the screen.

Thank you for this update on mobile gaming, at last!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 144 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next