It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Why a non boosting era is simply not possible
PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:36 am 
Major
Major

Since we have had countless threads suggesting this I am making this post to let everyone know why this is simply not possible. Every server has maintenance cost and if boosting was removed for even just one server the money to keep that server running would be coming out of tacticsoft's pocket. So not only are they not making any money to pay their staff but they are actually losing money from having to pay to keep the server open. This would also create a divide amongst the bd community "well you can only win on a boosting server so you have no skill" or vice versa "you can only win on a non boosting server so you have no skill". Ilona has set forth requirements in a previous post stating that if we can create a list of 200 players and how much they would be willing to pay we could make a one time pay to place server. That would be a viable way to really test players with 0 boosting but I think we should really think about that, it would mean a very low population. A low population with no new players or easy conquers means a very boring very low income era.

Boosting helps keep this game we all love alive, if we were to remove that from even one server we would be hurting bd and I am sure none of us want that. Personally I like playing against boosters, it provides me with a challenge and I enjoy killing someone that is boosting heavily, it is my way of supporting the game by making them rebuy their army. In fact I think playing against boosters really brings out the true potential of bd since we must think strategically, plan your next move, and think of ways to pick their army off piece by piece.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]