It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 263 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 27  Next

Your feedback about the Battle score
Poll ended at Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:26 am
1. I love the new Battle Score - It's great! 48%  48%  [ 235 ]
2. Please remove the Battle Score - it was better without 25%  25%  [ 124 ]
3. I like the idea - however it needs some tweaks (please explain) 27%  27%  [ 133 ]
Total votes : 492
 Post subject: Re: Battle Score - your feedback
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:50 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Quote:
How about its not decided by the total amount of power the player has but how many units they are using in that specific battle.
for example: a rank 30 is getting attacked by a rank 50 ,and the rank 50 is attacking with 30 power worth of units but the rank 30 is defending with 30 worth of power. The rank 50 has 300 total power , but the rank 30 has 100 worth of total power. So with this change , the rank 50 will earn his fair battle score if he wins.

That makes no sense either. It is much better to overpower your enemy in a battle so that you kill in one round, again this system would be promoting bad playing.

Quote:
but the general concept of rewarding ppl for taking part in wars and battles is good. Of course it will need serious tweaking in order for it to work like it's supposed to.

why don't u, instead of looking at its bad side and complain about it or want it remove, look at its good side and try to suggest a way to improve it?

The general concept of rewarding people for taking part in wars and battles, as I have stated before, is EXP, crystals, conquers, territory, relics.

Quote:
hmmm
suppose u play an era u work hard u spend sleepless nights n a lot of money for the era
u do well but some1else wit mayb a lot of allies/subs just manage to kill u n win the era
n u just end up like rank 1000 or more
tht totally sux
agreed ?
with the new system u get score for ur kills u r atleast rewarded for something u do

If you manage to get killed in the era and lose all your units, all your conquers, your relics, your crystals, YES you should be rank 1000.

Quote:
there r soo many eras wen people just build n get rank 2 or rank 3 watever it is
the new system promotes activity if u dnt take part in battles u cant get a gud rank
all the guys who r askin to remove it r just lazy guys who want to sit n build make power n get free blues + ranks
y should some1 who does nothing b rewarded ?
if u r active i dnt think u will have any porb wit the new system

There are many things you can argue about against me but saying the ones voting no are not active is completely wrong. I'd say I am one of the most active players on Battledawn, I almost always have most kills on a world, I don't just sit and build, and I do NOT like this system.

Quote:
I like simple ideas but this one is to easy to abuse and would lead to newbie bashing for sure. Score farming by killing armor of friends or multies would be the result imo.

I agree that system would lead to newbie bashing ( gotta love that word :lol: ). But that is what I think is at the core of this problem. Every suggestion so far that I have seen in this thread has the possibility of abuse. Every single one. Why do we want to keep going with a system that can be so easily abused? Why do we not simply want to go back to the system that DID work.

The way I see it, this system did not accomplish any of the goals it has set out to accomplish, rather it has done the opposite. At the same time it is easily abused. Both statements are for me a reason to say let us go back to the old system and try and learn from what happened to not let this happen again.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:19 am 
Private
Private

Milanos wrote:

Quote:
hmmm
suppose u play an era u work hard u spend sleepless nights n a lot of money for the era
u do well but some1else wit mayb a lot of allies/subs just manage to kill u n win the era
n u just end up like rank 1000 or more
tht totally sux
agreed ?
with the new system u get score for ur kills u r atleast rewarded for something u do

If you manage to get killed in the era and lose all your units, all your conquers, your relics, your crystals, YES you should be rank 1000.

no y should u b rank 1000 wen some1 who did nothing but build gets rank 50 ? thts not fair at all just coz u got killed u loose rank n end up wit nothing after all u did....
Milanos wrote:
Quote:
there r soo many eras wen people just build n get rank 2 or rank 3 watever it is
the new system promotes activity if u dnt take part in battles u cant get a gud rank
all the guys who r askin to remove it r just lazy guys who want to sit n build make power n get free blues + ranks
y should some1 who does nothing b rewarded ?
if u r active i dnt think u will have any porb wit the new system

There are many things you can argue about against me but saying the ones voting no are not active is completely wrong. I'd say I am one of the most active players on Battledawn, I almost always have most kills on a world, I don't just sit and build, and I do NOT like this system.

i never said tht ALL those who r voting r inactive...
n y should u be even bothered if u r active ? u kill make score n win era simple

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:30 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Quote:
no y should u b rank 1000 wen some1 who did nothing but build gets rank 50 ? thts not fair at all just coz u got killed u loose rank n end up wit nothing after all u did....

Because you were stupid enough to get all your units killed. If there is someone who has more units than you, gets more income than you, they are stronger and should be more highly ranked than you, regardless of what you have done in the past. If you have been fighting so much the entire era and have high power, much income etc you should also have much exp on your units and not just let yourself get killed. If you do manage to get killed then I really do think you don't deserve to still be high ranked.

Quote:
i never said tht ALL those who r voting r inactive...

You literally said:

Quote:

All the guys, so you did say that all those voting to remove it are lazy and/or inactive.

Quote:
n y should u be even bothered if u r active ? u kill make score n win era simple

The reason I am bothered is that by being active I tend to get high power, whether it be from conquers, workers, or units. Because of me being active and getting high power I am punished because there are few people around my power range that I can kill and the ones that I can kill are very hard to kill. Meanwhile those who are less active than me, get less conquers, get less units, get less workers, have the ability to gain score easily as there are many more targets that give them score. Which is why I completely do not like this system, it punishes me for being active and playing actively.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:46 am 
Private
Private

Milanos wrote:
Quote:

Because you were stupid enough to get all your units killed. If there is someone who has more units than you, gets more income than you, they are stronger and should be more highly ranked than you, regardless of what you have done in the past. If you have been fighting so much the entire era and have high power, much income etc you should also have much exp on your units and not just let yourself get killed. If you do manage to get killed then I really do think you don't deserve to still be high ranked.

wat if there r like 10 alliances against u ? o.O

Milanos wrote:
Quote:
n y should u be even bothered if u r active ? u kill make score n win
era simple

The reason I am bothered is that by being active I tend to get high power, whether it be from conquers, workers, or units. Because of me being active and getting high power I am punished because there are few people around my power range that I can kill and the ones that I can kill are very hard to kill. Meanwhile those who are less active than me, get less conquers, get less units, get less workers, have the ability to gain score easily as there are many more targets that give them score. Which is why I completely do not like this system, it punishes me for being active and playing actively.

tht can be changed
i just dnt want the this system to b completely removed

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:50 am 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 WWW  YIM  Profile

newb bashing will always be there, I always look for rebuilding colonies to attack, first for xp and second for a safer hive / territory. So I don't think newb bashing is a reason...

and no vari, if u get 10 alliances against u, then it's ur diplomacy has problem...

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:53 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Quote:
wat if there r like 10 alliances against u ? o.O

Your diplo is flawed. Battledawn is also a game of diplomacy.

Quote:
tht can be changed
i just dnt want the this system to b completely removed

Changed how? And if so then you think it should be tweaked as well?

Quote:
newb bashing will always be there, I always look for rebuilding colonies to attack, first for xp and second for a safer hive / territory. So I don't think newb bashing is a reason...

I would agree but many of the changes that are done are given the excuse of discouraging newb bashing. I have to agree, I'll "bash" newbs as well. But then again I'd "bash" top players as well if they were in my territory. So whereas some changes are encouraging discrimination, I am actually the person that does not discriminate :)

:lol:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:57 am 
Private
Private

aister wrote:

and no vari, if u get 10 alliances against u, then it's ur diplomacy has problem...

lol just sayin :P
infact wen i play i dnt have any prob wit diplomacy... n seriously wen u do a lot all era u do deserve something rite ? mayb the other alliance is better thn u but
u might b better thn the rest.... y should people who just build take a relic n then hand it over to the alliance tht killed u get rank 2 or rank 3? i mean u obviously deserve it way more than them n wit this system (which can be changed) u get it

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:49 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

vari, your posts are gold, because they demonstrate why all the "yes" votes should be completely ignored.

what you're saying is that you shouldn't lose the game only because you lost the game... what kind of game is that?

to Michael, Ilona, and all my friends in BD's administration... this is not about spies being too powerful or nukes being too weak... this is going to ruin the game and gonna make you lose players that you won't be able to get back later. my advice to you is take it out and go back quickly, before e1 starts moving. i'm affraid that you people underestimate the affect of this on the game.

psg188 wrote:
There are a few lessons to learn here:
#5 Don't fight Avi

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:52 am 
Private
Private

u dnt get my point do u avi ? -.-

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:54 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Varidhish, I don't think you get our points. At the end of the day it's the players that vote no and vote tweak that keep the eras competitive and usually those that donate. They are the ones that do most of the big fights, they are the ones that this system is aimed at.

If you have quite a unanimous response of no or tweak by these players, you really should be reconsidering what the system is doing and then indeed it should be done as soon as possible.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 263 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 27  Next