It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 263 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 27  Next

Your feedback about the Battle score
Poll ended at Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:26 am
1. I love the new Battle Score - It's great! 48%  48%  [ 235 ]
2. Please remove the Battle Score - it was better without 25%  25%  [ 124 ]
3. I like the idea - however it needs some tweaks (please explain) 27%  27%  [ 133 ]
Total votes : 492
 Post subject: Re: Battle Score - your feedback
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:52 am 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 WWW  YIM  Profile

Ilona wrote:
Just thinking loud:

1 crystal = 20 score
if you lose the crystal - you lose the score... thats very simple

1 units killed (-units you lost) = 1 score
If you lose all units, you still hold the score .... thats the big problem

but:

1 Power = 10 score
if you lose the power = you lose this 10 score.

So what would happen, when we increase the score for 1 power to lets say 30 score?
If you have been Captain before ( 105 - 119 power) and you lose all units and fall down to Corporal (15-29 power) you lose a LOT score as well. Wouldn't that be more balanced?

decreasing the value of battle score, or increasing the value of the score u get from non-battle stuffs (power, crystals, etc.) is one of the possible solution. But one problem with the increase is that those who are concerned about the Hall Of Fame and Highest score ever achieved (Milan and Tom, two of those who do) won't be happy by that...

sure we can say, this is when the power from conquer was removed, so the scores are lower than usual, and that is when the score from non-battle was increased, so the score are higher.

but will the new players think like that?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:54 am 
Private
Private

starwa7s wrote:
Milanos wrote:
My opinion might be known already but I'll state it on here as well.

I believe the battle score system is fundamentally flawed and I would much rather see it removed completely to go back to the system where you get score from power, crystals, and relics.

However as it seems we want to tweak it and not get rid of it, here is the fix I propose.

Right now, there is no differentation for range, damage and armor at all. I think this should be fixed first of all. Killing a range unit should give you more score, and people suiciding armor on you should give you less score. Therefore I propose a range kill giving 1 score, a damage kill giving 0.5 score and an armor kill giving 0.2 score. This would give more score for actual wars where range units are killed and would give less score for just killing newbs with armor.

However, I want to see another fix to the system. I believe you should get score from killing anyone, regardless of their power. However as this seems to go against some fundamental "newbie bashing" requirements I propose you get score from anyone you kill that has over 40/50 power, limit to be discussed later. The reason for this is that it is just really annoying, even as a high power player, to have people attacking you or you having to attack them because they keep bothering you and not getting any score when you are actually taking quite some losses from all their range units.

That is my perspective on it, although I would like to reiterate the fact that I would rather see this way of gaining score removed. I believe that the current system of experience, more crystals due to garrisons and gaining territory should be sufficient reasons to fight.

If anyone is wondering why I do not support the 2x power part, it is because I do not think we should discourage gaining power. Disencouraging gaining power does not only discourage for example sustaining your worker count and getting conquers, it also discourages boosting. If you want to gain score it is actually better to rush units sometimes to kill off your workers and to have low power in general as you would otherwise get no (or less, in some suggested cases) score for kills. In my opinion we should not want a system that discourages gaining power, so a system based on getting score relative to your power is in essence flawed to me.

^ what he said x

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:56 am 
Private
Private

why not ? u obviously deserve it if u fight all era n gather score
BATTLE DAWN !! -.-
more BATTLES= more score
that is how is should be
n NOT sit n build n make score n get good ranks....

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:02 am 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 WWW  YIM  Profile

no, u don't deserve it when all u do is suicide on ppl to get score, it's BattleDawn not SuicideDawn. Suiciding to weaken an enemy is strategy, but suicide just to gain score is nothing near strategy.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:05 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Quote:
decreasing the value of battle score, or increasing the value of the score u get from non-battle stuffs (power, crystals, etc.) is one of the possible solution. But one problem with the increase is that those who are concerned about the Hall Of Fame and Highest score ever achieved (Milan and Tom, two of those who do) won't be happy by that...

sure we can say, this is when the power from conquer was removed, so the scores are lower than usual, and that is when the score from non-battle was increased, so the score are higher.

but will the new players think like that?

Can always set a new record.

Although I really do think it is much easier to decrease the value of battle score than to change the rest of the score variables. However apart from the fact of what those who holds records think of it, because let's face it, that's a minority, increasing the score you get from conquers relative to crystals/battle score as Ilona suggested will in my opinion lead to people competing over conquers more and thus potentially newbie bashing being higher than it currently is.

In which case, again this system is not doing what it has set out to do. It was to encourage top alliances fighting, not newbie bashing nor discouraging people from getting power. With the change Ilona proposed I would say newbie bashing would increase, top alliances fighting would not have changed as I do not see how this would change compared to the current score system.

I wish it was as simple as this.. But from all the changes I have seen, there are some recurring problems.

If you wish to make the system fair to all then there should not be a power limit, you should get for example 100 point for killing 100 ranged infantry units regardless of the power of the person you killed. This however gives the problem of newbie bashing, the problem of multies and/or friends building for you to get score. Furthermore it does not really encourage top alliances warring as in a top alliance war you will usually spend much time dodging, so it is probably more efficient to pick off those inactive people in your territory.

If you wish to not have newbie bashing then you need to not give score for killing those that have less than 50% of your power. This discourages gaining power and unfairly disbalances the system in favor of those not getting conquers, not playing actively to keep their worker count up and those that only have units and just boost for oil to move around. Again, not a fair system.

Therefore there will always be the tradeoff between gaining power which in this case is negatively related to gaining battle score and thus discourages active player or boosting for power. I do not think this is what the system wants to encourage at all. A top alliance NEEDS to have much more power than other alliances to go to war, otherwise it will get attacked and beaten by another alliance as soon as they lose some units in war, taking away the incentive to go to war. However by getting this much power they are gaining less score.. The more I think about it, the more messed up the system seems.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:22 pm 
Major
Major
 YIM  Profile

Quote:
ok so all u guys r ok wit an alliance which did nothing but just placed n built n gave the relic they got to another alliance to get rank 2 ?
n if ur "gud stratergy" is just boosting n building n gaining territory to get a lott of power
n thn using ur "diplomacy skills" to make allies
y dont u guys make a deal ?
go place on a world talk to all alliances "use diplomacy" make every1 ur ally
tell thm u win this era they will hand over relics to u
they win nxt era n so on...
every1 will b allies so u can have gates n radars on all world y even battle ?
no need for any battles or anything
place build make units call n txt people wen u see relics take em thn again sit n build for all era thn u win if thts wat u want ?
u dnt have to b active go be busy wit ur rl
-.-

I will boost because I have money. And gaining territory doesnt come automatically just cuz you boost. You have to put in some activity to get that and work as a team.

Diplomacy is also a big part of the game. If you cant do diplomacy, whether you boost or dont boost you will eventually lose.

Also, if you just sit and build you wont get relics. Relics are released in all parts of the world, and for that you need network. To keep your network you need to defend every attack every tick. And to defend every attack every tick, you need to be reasonably active.

Just throwing your units around, doesnt count toward strategy as much as it counts toward stupidity.

Also, being active is not equal to having good strategy. You can be active and still make dumb decisions. Infact a person that doesnt put in that much of activity but uses good strategy should actually be able to beat you just cuz he planned his game better. Thats what the game is all about. Strategy.

Quote:
why not ? u obviously deserve it if u fight all era n gather score
BATTLE DAWN !! -.-
more BATTLES= more score
that is how is should be
n NOT sit n build n make score n get good ranks....

Am sorry. Your understanding of the game is flawed. Go learn the game first.

Its a strategy game, where battles happen. But you have to plan them. Just cuz you throw your squads around doesnt make you a good player. You need to be able to fight when you are supposed to. And you need to pick the right tick.

And the only ones that deserve are the ones that strategize, not the ones that keep launching attacks everywhere. More battles dont equal more scores. Better strategy, a bigger network, a larger army, a big income, consistently defending your alliance's network etc are the ones that give you more score and therefore the win.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:50 pm 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 WWW  YIM  Profile

as I said, BattleDawn, not SuicideDawn

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:39 pm 
Private
Private

I basically agree with this. People are staying at low power just to game it. Setting the power advantage at a low level like 40 or 50 should eliminate that.
Quote:
Milanos wrote:
My opinion might be known already but I'll state it on here as well.

I believe the battle score system is fundamentally flawed and I would much rather see it removed completely to go back to the system where you get score from power, crystals, and relics.

However as it seems we want to tweak it and not get rid of it, here is the fix I propose.

Right now, there is no differentation for range, damage and armor at all. I think this should be fixed first of all. Killing a range unit should give you more score, and people suiciding armor on you should give you less score. Therefore I propose a range kill giving 1 score, a damage kill giving 0.5 score and an armor kill giving 0.2 score. This would give more score for actual wars where range units are killed and would give less score for just killing newbs with armor.

However, I want to see another fix to the system. I believe you should get score from killing anyone, regardless of their power. However as this seems to go against some fundamental "newbie bashing" requirements I propose you get score from anyone you kill that has over 40/50 power, limit to be discussed later. The reason for this is that it is just really annoying, even as a high power player, to have people attacking you or you having to attack them because they keep bothering you and not getting any score when you are actually taking quite some losses from all their range units.

That is my perspective on it, although I would like to reiterate the fact that I would rather see this way of gaining score removed. I believe that the current system of experience, more crystals due to garrisons and gaining territory should be sufficient reasons to fight.

If anyone is wondering why I do not support the 2x power part, it is because I do not think we should discourage gaining power. Disencouraging gaining power does not only discourage for example sustaining your worker count and getting conquers, it also discourages boosting. If you want to gain score it is actually better to rush units sometimes to kill off your workers and to have low power in general as you would otherwise get no (or less, in some suggested cases) score for kills. In my opinion we should not want a system that discourages gaining power, so a system based on getting score relative to your power is in essence flawed to me.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:02 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

i think it has been suggested but i feel it was ignored, maybe.

How much would changing from half your power to any colony above say 40 or 50.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:57 pm 
AANC Mentors
AANC Mentors

http://gyazo.com/2ffe5b2cbcc10e66fa7b1620e30ca128

Look at these 2 statistics please.

1st one is rank 1 and 2nd one is ranked 12. Both hold 1 relic each.

They both boosted...but the 1st one suicides...boosted army back and suicides again and again. Had his friends attacking his army with armor and gained fast score and xp.

2nd one played the game normal like we used to play before the new score system.

Seriously admins ! Is this fair? Is this how you want us to play this game?

The new system as it is, has no logic in my opinion. I m sorry most players voted that they like the new system but i wonder....do they understand what they voted for?

For me its a really extra large NO to this new update.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 263 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 27  Next