It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 263 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 27  Next

Your feedback about the Battle score
Poll ended at Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:26 am
1. I love the new Battle Score - It's great! 48%  48%  [ 235 ]
2. Please remove the Battle Score - it was better without 25%  25%  [ 124 ]
3. I like the idea - however it needs some tweaks (please explain) 27%  27%  [ 133 ]
Total votes : 492
 Post subject: Re: Battle Score - your feedback
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:07 am 
Private
Private

aviturg wrote:
vari, your posts are gold, because they demonstrate why all the "yes" votes should be completely ignored.

what you're saying is that you shouldn't lose the game only because you lost the game... what kind of game is that?

m sayin u shouldnt get freakin rank 1000 wen guys who did nothing get rank 50
:P

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:18 am 
Major
Major
 YIM  Profile

Quote:
all the guys who r askin to remove it r just lazy guys who want to sit n build make power n get free blues + ranks
y should some1 who does nothing b rewarded ?
if u r active i dnt think u will have any porb wit the new system

Here is my take on under what conditions (each condition being the sole contributing factor to a win), a person shouldnt be able to win:

- Activity alone should not win you the game
- Boosting reds and money alone shoudl not win you the game
- Having a faster internet connection and therefore a faster refresh rate alone should not win you the game

You should win when your strategy is better than your opponent. Therefore, if you are active, have good strategy, have good diplomacy and make the right moves, you win. If not, you lose. If you cant be active, then you substitute it through boosting. Cuz you cant be around to conquer or raze outposts or whatever. So you pay for your resources.

Having said that, what do you mean "lazy guys" ? You dont need to sit glued to your system for 24 hours, or be on every tick. People have lives, work etc., They can boost, get on when texted or called and can make the right moves and win the game through team work and strategy.

Basically what you are saying is that a person with strategy can suffer but a person dumb enough to attack and lose his units, build wrong units etc will still get an increase in score??? And hell, be able to beat the person with good strategy?

That is just against the spirit of the game.

Quote:
no y should u b rank 1000 wen some1 who did nothing but build gets rank 50 ? thts not fair at all just coz u got killed u loose rank n end up wit nothing after all u did....

Doing nothing, doing something is relative. You might think you are doing a lot by launching spam attacks every tick. But that is hardly doing anything.

You should be able to accumulate score, crystals, relics, gain territory cuz you worked for the team, with the team and with good strategy. You are just saying that just because I lose my units, battle, crystals and relics doesnt mean I should lose my score and end up rank 1000. What is this some form of affirmative action for the newbies? This is ridiculous. If you dont win battles and lose everything, OF COURSE you should end up rank 1000! Thats what the game is all about ffs. :roll:

Quote:
wat if there r like 10 alliances against u ? o.O

I've had ten alliances fight me. Aviturg has had 10 alliances fight him. Ilona has had 10 alliances fight her. We have all won. We have been able to work as a team and beat them. By being active and through good strategy. So what you are proposing is literally affirmative action. You are saying "Even though I couldnt hack it, I am entitled to it". :roll:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:37 am 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 WWW  YIM  Profile

and so u want rank 1 with a losing remarks?

idk about u, but imo, there are nothing worth boasting for a high rank but low power.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:39 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

aister wrote:
and so u want rank 1 with a losing remarks?

idk about u, but imo, there are nothing worth boasting for a high rank but low power.

I have no idea what you meant with that Aister o_O

You want rank 1 with a losing remarks? What?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:52 am 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 WWW  YIM  Profile

wat I mean is, I don't want to get a high rank, get into the HoF with no army, no crystals, no relic. Cuz that means I lost the era, but I was kept in the HoF due to the "mercy" of the game system.

Nope.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:53 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

aister wrote:
wat I mean is, I don't want to get a high rank, get into the HoF with no army, no crystals, no relic. Cuz that means I lost the era, but I was kept in the HoF due to the "mercy" of the game system.

Nope.

Indeed. Good to see you agree on that then :)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:13 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Just thinking loud:

1 crystal = 20 score
if you lose the crystal - you lose the score... thats very simple

1 units killed (-units you lost) = 1 score
If you lose all units, you still hold the score .... thats the big problem

but:

1 Power = 10 score
if you lose the power = you lose this 10 score.

So what would happen, when we increase the score for 1 power to lets say 30 score?
If you have been Captain before ( 105 - 119 power) and you lose all units and fall down to Corporal (15-29 power) you lose a LOT score as well. Wouldn't that be more balanced?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:19 am 
Private
Private

ok so all u guys r ok wit an alliance which did nothing but just placed n built n gave the relic they got to another alliance to get rank 2 ?
n if ur "gud stratergy" is just boosting n building n gaining territory to get a lott of power
n thn using ur "diplomacy skills" to make allies
y dont u guys make a deal ?
go place on a world talk to all alliances "use diplomacy" make every1 ur ally
tell thm u win this era they will hand over relics to u
they win nxt era n so on...
every1 will b allies so u can have gates n radars on all world y even battle ?
no need for any battles or anything
place build make units call n txt people wen u see relics take em thn again sit n build for all era thn u win if thts wat u want ?
u dnt have to b active go be busy wit ur rl :roll:
-.-

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:29 am 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 WWW  YIM  Profile

I don't want that ofc... but as much as I don't want it, I don't want a lost-the-game colony stay in the top 100 either.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:37 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Actually Varidhish, even with those that do like the new system, I believe you are one of the few that wants players that have lost to stay high ranked. The rest either agrees the complete system does not work, or are like Aister in saying that the system isn't that bad but you do need to be able to lose the score as well.

The reason for this is that in Battledawn it's also about strategy and diplo. If your alliance isn't good enough to get rank 1 and you fight the rank 1 and you lose, then you've lost. Sad, but true. Giving them rank 2 regardless of whether they are still alive or not just does not make sense. If you lose, you lose.

In Battledawn destruction is never really complete. Even if you are completely demolished, you still have your structures. You still get some income, regardless of how badly you have been beaten. However I do think that should be the end of it. We shouldn't award pity points when everyone can see the alliance is dead anyway.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 263 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 27  Next