It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Post subject: Re: Recent updates
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:29 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Andrew wrote:
I've also noticed this, it seems to hang right in the middle of the loading bar for me for quite a while before it loads through. Is that where you notice the slowdown?

-Andrew

In regards to hanging, it appears that Firefox hangs in the middle of almost every flash app since a recent flash update...Albeit, BD is one of the only things i am running in flash, but when a flash app is loading, and i try to load another page, that page fails to load, and BD stops loading (the page continues to load/finishes once i close the BD tab).

So, i'm not sure if its BD, or if its just flash in general (i'm leaning towards flash).

HOWEVER.... on topic :D

I'm glad that there is a grassroots movement building now, and its coming from the head. This will do wonders for the game, if not give it a second life!
The era of online games has changed. Those of us who grew up playing browser games, are now entering 'life', and getting jobs, or becoming almost too busy to play BD.
Sadly, the younger generation of gamers that are coming up, are still relatively immature and have entitlement issues.
Those more mature players that have been around [online] for a long time, are the ones who need to play with the younger ones in order for games like this to survive. However, the older players have gotten fed up with a lot of stuff. Having the admins in with the general population will help solve a LOT of problems: first, updates come from players (making them feel important:P )... even if its just 2 updates from the 26 suggested... it will make a difference in peoples perception. Secondly, as the admins take part in the interaction, it will draw more people in to interact, thus creating bridges btwn players. Lastly, as the older players become more satisfied with the game, and it continues to evolve, those who now have money, will actually feel like giving towards the game simply because they have a deep sense of dedication, but at the same time, its not the same game they just paid for 2 months ago ;)
Sadly, i am one of those who aren't around much any more...

So, i wish you all the best of luck, and I congratulate BD on such a successful run, and hope these new strides push you far into the future!

~EB

My posts are NOT from spam... they are from suggestions :)

Working on new game (contact for info)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:17 pm 
Private
Private

micheal ur awsome :)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:12 am 
Private
Private

I do not always take part in forum activity even though I have been an active player of BattleDawn for over 4-5 years now. Forums have always been boring for me though and playing the actual game is a lot more fun than forum scrolling (especially as I have school most days of the week and can only check BD in between classes).

Keep going with the updates, people will always complain to some extent about any updates but in the long run they are usually for the better of the game and make it more fun.

Great job,

Tyyr

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:22 am 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 WWW  YIM  Profile

why don't u active on the forum then, the BD community is very "good" and BD staff will listen to all the things u want them to do :3

anw, I'm glad to see an experienced player who appreciate the BD staffs' hard works. Hope to see u around :)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:21 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

for the devs!

My posts are NOT from spam... they are from suggestions :)

Working on new game (contact for info)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4