It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 222 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 23  Next
 Post subject: Re: ToS clarifications and update planned for this weekend!
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:34 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

they need to stay in this system.

really what is the big point if they chance this agian,
battledawn is going 2 losse alote off players agian.

Alliance in the past:Prr,Zdg,Bdt,Loz,Meow,Mes,Sold,Gs,Fmj,PS,INDO,Wic,TSK,ST
best rank:1
most crystals:356
most relics one round:4

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:43 pm 
Major
Major
 YIM  Profile

Yeah current system is fine as is. Only thing, remove that stupid rule that says its a violation.

And ads resources trading limitation is not a good idea. Remember its a team game. Resources are shared. Thats how good teams play. So no restriction should be put on them either.

And apollo I like your idea. I have actually thought about it many times. Why not make the player register, show a screen where he can check a box saying Accept the stupid ToS :P and then go on to choose a world he can play?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:58 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major
 YIM  Profile

ok it was just a suggestion to try and stop this "violation"

Best alliance finished:1st

The Silent Spammer.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:15 pm 
Captain
Captain

Apologies I haven't gotten to address any posts specifically yet. I've been busy this week with some matters and keeping up on my worlds is most of the time I get, this weekend I'll have time though hopefully to be more active in the discussion :).

I've gone through the whole thread a few times, I've grabbed I think over 2 dozen quotes which I will be addressing with direct replies this evening(About to head out). Also after looking at numbers and the feedback from players I agree on the 30 power limit, that would be a better one and after thinking on it that's my personal recommendation I've made to the developers as well today. 20 is FAR too little and 40 would be quite a lot(500 workers + 200 soldier army or 750 workers + 100 soldier army for example.).

As far as the token farming discussion I spent all of yesterday thinking through this system and how to address the situation without putting too much limitations on supporters and keeping the game balanced against "burstable resource increases". I'll be posting a thorough idea on this tonight as well as addressing many of the posts here.

Development with BD has been slow the past year or so due to several internal reasons with the staff, real-life challenges, etc. As of this month however we're going to be getting back on track and hopefully get back to our more frequent updating. We have a LOT of tasks for bug fixes, changes, etc which will be going into the game and we'll be opening things up for discussion and input from the community for many of the topics.

Thanks again for keeping the discussion mostly on track and on topic!

-Andrew

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:04 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
 WWW  Profile

Check my earlier posts. I have suggested removing cooldown times. Cooldown times were added, so people dont spend money to win battles. Which itself is pretty stupid.

Where? And in any event as it apparently wasn't accepted. Or applied to the game. Looks like it's not good for the game.

The skills you are talking about, is just common sense. There are very few options ingame and to think of them as strategy or skill is just too low, for my standards atleast. I would just think of them as regular gameplay. Today you cant win if you dont have the largest army. Flying seperately, and staying within 2 ticks of each other and concentrating while attacking, and setting a spy trap or two, does not show great skill or whatever. Spies hardly work, with good teams even with large infiltration points. As for trapping, if you dont do an attack more than 3 eta and dont attack fully controlled outposts, without concentrating your attack, then you are mostly good. All these dont mean skill.[/quote]

If that's all you can see, then that's due to your lack of imagination.
You see spy attack, attack, spam, defend, run.
I see feints, stalling, isolating, resource depletion, and "no-win" decisions.

When a amateur looks at a sword they see a device for cutting. A master sees, a device that: can attack, defend, clear a path, save a life, take a life, be essential to building a shelter, feed people, and clothe a person.
Through it's ability to cut, shave, slice, parry, pierce, and many other things.

Leave the box bro, trust me. It's far easier on your wallet and really, really fun.

Like I said before, that's all you get for free. Not that's all there is. 8-)

Alliance Rank: 1st (iS)__Fantasy 4

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:14 pm 
Private
Private

this my first game so what do i know? but maybe i have some ideas to be shoot down:

People where i'm playing complain about the dominance of one alliance yet they don't rebel every 72 ticks forcing the conquerer to spend resources ending the rebellion... maybe the solution is to have an auto rebel (maybe at 90 ticks) as standard with the option to not rebel.

I was thinking early on in the game that the alliances in the top 10 or top 5 need to conquer a colony in another top 10 or top 5 alliance every say 72 or 96 or 110 ticks or else find 30% of their conquests are liberated...

Currently is pretty silly (and boring?) when the top alliance spends most of its time sending one squad to conquer a low rank. i can see why when the tax coming in is far less than the cost of conquering a stronger colony. maybe tax should be more realistic to cover costs or maybe attacking army that wins gets both oil and metal salvaged from battle at a far better rate than currently and loser gets some at existing rate?

maybe you could increase the tax recieved when an alliance of 6 or more players is completely conquered by another as an incentive for competition. perhaps receiving energy in tax too in such circumstances...

if you want to give non boosters a chance to compete increase wrecks and decrease the reward to high boosting players for capturing a wreck?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:21 pm 
Captain
Captain
 WWW  Profile

dilmun wrote:
Currently is pretty silly (and boring?) when the top alliance spends most of its time sending one squad to conquer a low rank. i can see why when the tax coming in is far less than the cost of conquering a stronger colony. maybe tax should be more realistic to cover costs or maybe attacking army that wins gets both oil and metal salvaged from battle at a far better rate than currently and loser gets some at existing rate?

maybe you could increase the tax recieved when an alliance of 6 or more players is completely conquered by another as an incentive for competition. perhaps receiving energy in tax too in such circumstances...

The increasing tax is sorta silly. Since this is only your first game, I'm not gonna accuse you of being ignorant. Every era I go on, if I'm serious, I usually get 20 conquerers. Those conquerers usually get me an extra 100 resources a tick. They also get me 20 more power.

Some players get as much as 100 or 200 conquers a round. that would get them maybe 1000 more resources a tick and in 15 ticks, they'd be maxed on resources. Increasing tax rate just gets stronger players a higher advantage. The reason professional players go for conquers is for tax and for power.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:23 pm 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Its good that you have ideas although you are new. But can you please make a topic for them in the suggestion forum with a poll so that people can vote for it and say their opinion about it? :)

This topic is for discussing the planned updates.

Thank you Michael
http://www.battledawn.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=111&t=15076
Thank you developers
(^-check out the topics)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:35 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major
 WWW  Profile

dilmun wrote:
this my first game so what do i know? but maybe i have some ideas to be shoot down:

People where i'm playing complain about the dominance of one alliance yet they don't rebel every 72 ticks forcing the conquerer to spend resources ending the rebellion... maybe the solution is to have an auto rebel (maybe at 90 ticks) as standard with the option to not rebel.

I was thinking early on in the game that the alliances in the top 10 or top 5 need to conquer a colony in another top 10 or top 5 alliance every say 72 or 96 or 110 ticks or else find 30% of their conquests are liberated...

if you want to give non boosters a chance to compete increase wrecks and decrease the reward to high boosting players for capturing a wreck?

Thanks for taking the time to think and post these ideas :) But like simmen said this is the wrong place. We have a forum where you can post all your "silly" ideas, get feedback from the community, and see what we really think :)
This is the suggestions forum

The fight awaits us, brethren, embrace it boldly, and without hesitation.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:37 pm 
Captain
Captain

*sigh*

The way i see it, is the mass donators who have been abusing this loophole, are all threatening to quit, because they're losing their "advantage". Well, heres what i have to say.

1. Its an unfair advantage that you were all never supposed to have, and if you can get 12-14 big metal boosts, in a tick, its just completely unfair to any other player who follows the rules.

2. Just do what every other smart alliance does, when one of them losses an army, send them your resources, they have a lower overhead, lower overhead means more units per metal. more units means they can get back to the fight. Simple as that, not cheating, not using loopholes, fair, and its playing smart. Something you all cannot grasp, is that token farming, is CHEATING.

3. Its not a question of "How much money will we lose" if they do this, its a moral question of "Should we uphold our fair and just rule, or drop it for the sake of money". In my opinion, its an easy answer, Uphold your rules, they make sense and are there to keep the game fair.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 222 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 23  Next