It is currently Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours





Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 222 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 23  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: ToS clarifications and update planned for this weekend!
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:43 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:54 am
Posts: 182
Location: Argentina/Buenos Aires
Gender: female
ttotheoma wrote:
indala wrote:
For me the solution is simple:


For sending resourses:

eliminate the item where u can send tokens, so u could use your tokens just for yourself respecting the respective cooldowns, thats it, use the same system we use the blue tokens: you can t trade them.


the problem with this is if someone loses alot of units and there team has tokens only and no resources u kinda cant help them rebuild



lol


In years I have been playing BD my mates have never sent me tokens for helping me to rebuild, just his own resourses, the booster send u resourses for his own benefit :lol:

Excuses man....

_________________
Celene
Cruella Devil
Championship Era 2013 Winner (DoCE/VND)


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: ToS clarifications and update planned for this weekend!
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:48 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:47 pm
Posts: 534
Location: Fantasy 4
Awesome changes! I especially like the Power Level 40 requirement. The 20 power just happens before any actual POWER is obtained.

How is build time going to be affected on the faster worlds though? 40 minutes is long enough in a single tick world. In a 4 tick world it would be 3-4 ticks to have that structure built. Extending that would make things even harder. Maybe I'm not right on this, I don't play fast worlds very often.

indala wrote:
For me the solution is simple:


For sending resourses:

eliminate the item where u can send tokens, so u could use your tokens just for yourself respecting the respective cooldowns, thats it, use the same system we use the blue tokens: you can t trade them.


Some people don't have access to credit cards or the equivalent. They are usually just too young and their parents won't let them use their cards because they are tecno-phobic. I should know, my parents were that way growing up.

The trading tokens is essential for them, among other uses.

_________________
Fallen Angel- The Poet King of KRAW [F4]
The Priest of RAGE [F4]


Last edited by Twilightmask on Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Top
 

 Post subject: Re: ToS clarifications and update planned for this weekend!
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:48 pm 
Private
Private
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:39 pm
Posts: 7
This is the best update out there? To ruin the game is the way the game will go? Except the power being set to 40 the rest is ridiculous.
Boosters have advantage no matter what. Game is never fair if u allow any boosting at all. If someone wants to hog the resources from his alliance he already has to pay extra upkeep as his army gets larger. The only time it is abused is if they leave their alliance and join another alliance. Having just used x amount of other players to boost himself up so he can then join the main alliance.
That is easily seen by admin and should be dealt with. This is probably why John Doe was banned on E4 but I don't know for sure. If he was using their boosts he should of had to stay in the alliance and not left it. Increase the cool time and increase the tick required to start sending off resources. If u think boosting is causing problems. But lets start using our heads on updates.


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: ToS clarifications and update planned for this weekend!
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:50 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:47 pm
Posts: 534
Location: Fantasy 4
Btw, nice avatar Indala! I had that pic as my desktop Background for like a year! LOVE It!

@Slayer
I don't think the other updates will harm the game. I do agree that the increase in power is the best of the updates though! :D

_________________
Fallen Angel- The Poet King of KRAW [F4]
The Priest of RAGE [F4]


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: ToS clarifications and update planned for this weekend!
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:51 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant
 Profile

Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:08 pm
Posts: 133
Location: Gibbons
Gender: male
indala wrote:
ttotheoma wrote:
indala wrote:
For me the solution is simple:


For sending resourses:

eliminate the item where u can send tokens, so u could use your tokens just for yourself respecting the respective cooldowns, thats it, use the same system we use the blue tokens: you can t trade them.


the problem with this is if someone loses alot of units and there team has tokens only and no resources u kinda cant help them rebuild



lol


In years I have been played BD my mates have never sent me tokens for helping me to rebuild, just his own resourses, the booster send u resourses for his own benefit :lol:

Excuses man....

its not an excue celene i knw that people do i and theyve done it for me when ive lost alot of units they would send me resources and tokens i dnt see y u dnt think people would no do this. maybe cause my constant activity they did it but they do

_________________
toma


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: ToS clarifications and update planned for this weekend!
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:57 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:49 am
Posts: 231
OK...let me give you a free lesson in optimizing revenue flows. Not that anyone in BD will listen but anyways.

BD suffers from inadequate generation and diversification of revenue flows. Right now the only revenues come from token purchases, which are unequally spread in between servers and also in time.

If you are so proud of BD and the community then try to support it for a change. Everyone, even kids in primary school have a mobile phone right now. So everyone can spare a few dollars a month to support BD

You want Michael to stop having to subsidize this? Then do the following:

1. Create a badge system and a true ranking, based on individual rankings in eras played, number of eras won, etc. A ranking that is perpetual and motivates people to stay in the top places. Also have badges be awarded and added to the player's profile. For example a player with 20 server wins will be a platinum badge, which is the highest one. A player with 1 server win will be a bronze badge for example.
2. Differentiate between free users and premium users (premium users will have access to 1. and also to all servers, while free users only to a few servers and their achievements wont be saved). have premium users pay a 10usd/month subscription. That is nothing in terms of cost (less than a McDo meal) and creates a steady predictable income
3. Decrease the number of servers and focus on improving the quality of the service instead (by hear I mean better and more active admins). many fringe servers attract only newbs and generate no income
4. Do more events, with high prizes and alot of recognition to the winners. The 9player alliance event in E2 long time ago was a good try, but this should become a rule not an exception
5. Make red and blue tokens fully exchangeable and tradeable...that way people who win blues can get reds in exchange and access all boosts
6. Improve the voting system so that people actually have to surf the sites not just click them...get some advertising income in that way
7. Leverage the community by asking more profile information that can be used same way as Facebook uses its subscriber base...the database of BD players has a value in itself for marketing and research purposes
8. Create more servers for mature people who work and have less time for BD but still want to spend and play...create a 2hour/tick server, enhance the command structure so you can move units not only from one op to another but chain 2 or 3 movements in one order; this is a standard for real time strategy games now

Do all of the above right and Michael will be much better off I guarantee it

_________________
Daemon of Zamorre
KoH, MGH, LWB, NWL, KoTu
Best rank:1
Most crystals: 1067
Veni vidi vici


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: ToS clarifications and update planned for this weekend!
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:13 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:47 am
Posts: 173
Gender: male
Hi Guys

I must say I love the debate that has been going on here.

We're defiantly going to do some changes to the game which i hope will benefit everyone.

We will consolidate probably at least 1 world on each theme
and work on a better badge system

keep the debate going!

Its important for us to hear all opinions

Cheers!

_________________
Image


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: ToS clarifications and update planned for this weekend!
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:21 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant
 Profile

Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:08 pm
Posts: 133
Location: Gibbons
Gender: male
cosmin1980 wrote:
OK...let me give you a free lesson in optimizing revenue flows. Not that anyone in BD will listen but anyways.

BD suffers from inadequate generation and diversification of revenue flows. Right now the only revenues come from token purchases, which are unequally spread in between servers and also in time.

If you are so proud of BD and the community then try to support it for a change. Everyone, even kids in primary school have a mobile phone right now. So everyone can spare a few dollars a month to support BD

You want Michael to stop having to subsidize this? Then do the following:

1. Create a badge system and a true ranking, based on individual rankings in eras played, number of eras won, etc. A ranking that is perpetual and motivates people to stay in the top places. Also have badges be awarded and added to the player's profile. For example a player with 20 server wins will be a platinum badge, which is the highest one. A player with 1 server win will be a bronze badge for example.
2. Differentiate between free users and premium users (premium users will have access to 1. and also to all servers, while free users only to a few servers and their achievements wont be saved). have premium users pay a 10usd/month subscription. That is nothing in terms of cost (less than a McDo meal) and creates a steady predictable income
3. Decrease the number of servers and focus on improving the quality of the service instead (by hear I mean better and more active admins). many fringe servers attract only newbs and generate no income
4. Do more events, with high prizes and alot of recognition to the winners. The 9player alliance event in E2 long time ago was a good try, but this should become a rule not an exception
5. Make red and blue tokens fully exchangeable and tradeable...that way people who win blues can get reds in exchange and access all boosts
6. Improve the voting system so that people actually have to surf the sites not just click them...get some advertising income in that way
7. Leverage the community by asking more profile information that can be used same way as Facebook uses its subscriber base...the database of BD players has a value in itself for marketing and research purposes
8. Create more servers for mature people who work and have less time for BD but still want to spend and play...create a 2hour/tick server, enhance the command structure so you can move units not only from one op to another but chain 2 or 3 movements in one order; this is a standard for real time strategy games now

Do all of the above right and Michael will be much better off I guarantee it

i totaly agree with all of this. if u want battle dawn to improve BD and make money these are alot of good ideas that i would like to see a few come into play. also u guys need to close down alot of servers u got because i find alot of them are becoming empty and if u have less it saves money and there will be alot more competition on these servers
what im saying is take down so there is like 1 of each speed on galaxy,earth,fantasy, and mars

_________________
toma


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: ToS clarifications and update planned for this weekend!
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:32 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:04 pm
Posts: 295
ttotheoma wrote:
also u guys need to close down alot of servers u got because i find alot of them are becoming empty and if u have less it saves money and there will be alot more competition on these servers
what im saying is take down so there is like 1 of each speed on galaxy,earth,fantasy, and mars

i agree with Toma bout lessening the number of servers in every Theme

_________________
ARM-DETH-AL-WWs-SoTF-LIS
IGN:Chloie, Bonus, McDobol, Sonic, BumbleV, Ino of Inquisition
Highest power: 314
Highest Crystals: 93
Highest Rank: 1


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: ToS clarifications and update planned for this weekend!
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:43 pm 
Corporal
Corporal
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:31 am
Posts: 57
Location: Where ever you don't want me to be....
Gender: male
Well then if this will be a debate topic, then lets put a poll on this thing and see if we can get some votes going. Lets see the numbers, they can't lie. Any mods/ admins think they can put options up on here based on the things mentioned?

_________________
Old E4 - *CB*, KOG, POW, DOOM

E4-LR, NANC, GDZL


Top
 

Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 222 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 23  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours



You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group  
Copyright Tacticsoft Ltd. 2008   
Updated By phpBBservice.nl