It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 222 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 23  Next
 Post subject: Re: ToS clarifications and update planned for this weekend!
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:55 pm 
Private
Private

i dont actually see much prblem with this loophole.... if the mass booster uses 14 metal boosts, then his team dont get the metal. plus he cant abuse it in the first 100 ticks which is where boosts really matter. the only time i see this being annoying is if the mass booster loses his army but it still doesn't unbalance the game much since his team will be sending him recourses anyways. im pretty sure there wont be a team with only 1 booster

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:06 pm 
Captain
Captain

the thing is, those mass boosters arn't having their teams send them resources, just the resources from his tokens.

Its a way to avoid the cool down system, which allows mass boosters to boost 12-14 times in a single tick, while other players, only get a single boost of light metal.

So the mass boosters, can buy both heavy metal, and light metal (6k and 3k metal) 12-14 times, while the player who doesn't abuse this system, only can boost a maximum of 1 heavy gold, and 1 light gold. so heres the math.

Lets say they're on an earth world, 14 players in their alliance.

So, they get 14 light golds, 3k each, which is 42000 gold, as well as 14 heavy metals, which is 84000 metal.

So, 42000+84000=126000 metal, in a single tick :!:

Meanwhile, a single player who does NOT abuse this, even with being a donator, can only get a single heavy metal, and a single light metal, so...

6000+3000=9000

So, compare the two, 126000 metal, for a player who abuses this loophole, and 9000 metal for a player who plays fair and waits for the cool down to end. Its completely one sided. And for a non donator, the most they could get is 3k metal in a single tick.

Last edited by CodeoftheSith on Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:39 pm 
Private
Private

yes but even if this loophole is fixed the mass donator will still send tokens to his team and it will just turn into 9000*14 instead of 126000 which is the same

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:41 pm 
Captain
Captain

... no dude, it won't. the fix is so that that CANNOT happen. so i don't grasp your logic.

If they want to send him THEIR resources, thats fine. but the fix is to stop him from sending his teammates tokens, so they can boost and send the resources back to him to avoid the cool down.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:04 pm 
Private
Private

my logic is that the allience will get the same metal bonus with or without the loophole so it doesn't really matter.... 1 person with 200k metal bonus cant win by himself

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:14 pm 
Captain
Captain

how will they get the same metal? if the loophole is closed, they won't be getting that metal by token farming...

This topic, is about the new update, and the prevention of token farming...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:23 pm 
Private
Private

ya im on topic.... my point was fixing token farming wont help whcih is what topic was on

if u fix token farming the mass booster still sends token to allience member
(unless they block that) and allience still gets the metal

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:31 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

arandomnub wrote:
i dont actually see much prblem with this loophole.... if the mass booster uses 14 metal boosts, then his team dont get the metal. plus he cant abuse it in the first 100 ticks which is where boosts really matter. the only time i see this being annoying is if the mass booster loses his army but it still doesn't unbalance the game much since his team will be sending him recourses anyways. im pretty sure there wont be a team with only 1 booster

Thats also my opinion. This is a lot of trouble for things that may happen once or twice an era in one alliance. If we say now, it would make things unbalanced, i am wondering why no one said that it was before unbalanced. Its not here since yesterday... at least since 1 year its pretty common on all servers. I think its time to get over it and focus on other things.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:33 pm 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

gipsy wrote:
arandomnub wrote:

Thats also my opinion. This is a lot of trouble for things that may happen once or twice an era in one alliance. If we say now, it would make things unbalanced, i am wondering why no one said that it was before unbalanced. Its not here since yesterday... at least since 1 year its pretty common on all servers. I think its time to get over it and focus on other things.

It was a problem before this, the task for it is over a year ago. But the huge split in community forced us to take a decision. And once we took the decision we had to figure out how to enforce it.

Thank you Michael
http://www.battledawn.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=111&t=15076
Thank you developers
(^-check out the topics)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:48 pm 
Captain
Captain
 WWW  Profile

I say to fix it, we limit the metal income per tick to: 23500 metal per tick.

5000 for emergency
6000 for max light metal boost
12000 for max heavy metal boost
500 for normal income

If you have a good income (higher than 500 per tick), why boost so much? That's just over boosting and if you have that high of an income, you'd be powerful, and boosting a lot makes it pointless.

I think it's better than getting
CodeoftheSith wrote:

So, 42000+84000=126000 metal, in a single tick :!:

it's more for every 12 ticks, but at least it's not all in a tick.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 222 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 23  Next