It is currently Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours



Forum rules


1.) No trolling. If you cant have fun without being a jerk to others, find some other forum to QQ
2.) No inappropriate/vulgar/sexually explicit posting. Staff reserves the right to deem anything they see fit as inappropriate.
3.) Have fun and don't post anything not geared at having fun!
4.) Please respect staff members and their decisions at all times. If you cannot accept a staff or moderator decision, please appeal to admin Seth.



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: The Hunger Games Movie
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:28 pm 
Major
Major
User avatar
 YIM  Profile

Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:17 am
Posts: 3827
Location: Right in front of you.... Arkansas, U.S.A.
Gender: male
Numair Mujeeb wrote:

HAI SOI! Long time no speak. :P

Fair post, I think I preferred the first half to the second due to the fact that I LIKE SPECIFICS. The first half was perfect, it had the right feel, the right lines, the characters were playing their parts. Everything happened the way it did in the book.

Its just that when the actual Games started, I disliked the fact that many specifics were taken out. Probably because I expected too much of the movie. I wanted to hear Peeta talk to Katniss in the cave about how his dad said that he would have married Katniss' mother and she was wearing the dress etc. I wanted to see Peeta suffer from blood poisoning and hear the line "My mom may not be a nurse, but I know what blood poisoning is". I just really wanted the specifics and certain parts to be in there.

Such as the points I made earlier, Cato's speech at the end, Peeta's leg not getting amputated. I just didn't like it, maybe because I expected too much of it.

Another example, the cave scene in the book had a lot more going on in it than those 5 minutes that they showed Katniss and Peeta in the movie. I wanted to see the talking, the emotion, a perfect re-enactment of the book, which I didn't get. :P

I know directors nowadays are stricter on movie lenghts, but I honestly would have preferred a 3-hour LoTR style movie which would keep me entertained to a 2 hour 20 minute movie leaving me unsatisfied.

Thoughts? :P


Hmm, The kind of specifics I was looking for in the first part just wasn't there to me. It went pretty well actually until they got to the train. Now that part was just rushed ridiculously too hard. That was probably the 2nd most descriptive part of the books and it held no water in the movie. That and Haymitch was just bleeding of foreshadowing when there was no such thing in the book.

As for the second part, when it came out I was already expecting them to do many things to this half, so I guess the disappointment if less specifics wasnt that bad. I would have liked a few more extensions in scenes like when she found the water and of course the cave, but like I said, I was kids expecting it XD

I myself wanted to see how katniss handled being deaf in one ear, but as for Cato's speech it wasn't right but it felt just as natural to be said and fit the job.

And YES a longer style movie would have made a worlds of difference to putting this one to more elite movies. Catching Fire HAS to be 3 hours or it's doomed!


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: The Hunger Games Movie
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:47 pm 
Major
Major
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:22 am
Posts: 3929
Location: Spam Section
Gender: male
Quote:
Hmm, The kind of specifics I was looking for in the first part just wasn't there to me. It went pretty well actually until they got to the train. Now that part was just rushed ridiculously too hard. That was probably the 2nd most descriptive part of the books and it held no water in the movie. That and Haymitch was just bleeding of foreshadowing when there was no such thing in the book.

As for the second part, when it came out I was already expecting them to do many things to this half, so I guess the disappointment if less specifics wasnt that bad. I would have liked a few more extensions in scenes like when she found the water and of course the cave, but like I said, I was kids expecting it XD

I myself wanted to see how katniss handled being deaf in one ear, but as for Cato's speech it wasn't right but it felt just as natural to be said and fit the job.

And YES a longer style movie would have made a worlds of difference to putting this one to more elite movies. Catching Fire HAS to be 3 hours or it's doomed!


I totally agree with the first paragraph. The train was much too rushed, I eagerly anticipated the part where Peeta is supposed to smash the glass our of his hand, then Haymitch punches his jaw. Katniss then kissing the bruise he got there, bleh. It was all missing.

Mhm, I guess. I decided after the Games started I wouldn't like the movie and just went on with it, unsatisfied. :P

Issue with the movie was that you need to have read the book to have understood it. Katniss was supposed to be bleeding in that left ear, all they showed was that high screech sound, which didn't make it totally obvious. :/

I doubt it Soi, a 3 hour Catching Fire would be superb though. I also heard that Mockingjay is being split up into two parts.

I for one cannot wait to see who they got to play Finnich. They better get him cast right. :P

_________________
Quote:
After months of not speaking
Numair: You still alive? This was my only way to actually see if your online
Zhester: *You're :D


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: The Hunger Games Movie
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:15 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin
User avatar
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Sun May 31, 2009 10:47 pm
Posts: 2419
Location: U.S.A.
Gender: male
Oh good lord what a train wreck.

A watered down, white-washed, g-rated version of what is actually a very macabre, dark and gory tale! As if it werent bad enough that the story was excessively watered down and bland, but the set and special effects were about the grade you would expect on a b rate "Syfy Channel" movie, or one of those old horrible Stephen King book-to-movie films that would show on network TV.

I mean seriously...in my mind's eye, I expected something actually resembling a cornucopia for the cornucopie, not....whatever that was...
The genetically engineered beasts were supposed to mirror the dead contestants for shock value...instead we got horrible CGI dog-things. Key parts of the storyline compltely omitted. Details important later in the storyline also omitted.

And Cinna...who was supposed to be this 'free spirited, extravagant being is just Lenny Kravitz dressed in drab black with shiny eyeliner...i half expected him to whip out his Les Paul and start singing "Fly Away" or something. Good musician, not so good actor.

In fact, the ONLY part of this movie I really liked was Haymitch, but only in the beginning...because for some reason, and by some wierd miracle, he actually seemed cheery and sober no more than a third of the way into the movie...which even stole that joy...

ug. how very disappointed I am... :(


_________________
Battle Dawn Staff
Community Management Specialist
Technical Support
World Administrator
Music Composer

Welcome to the best free multiplayer war strategy game on the web!


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: The Hunger Games Movie
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:16 pm 
Captain
Captain
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:13 pm
Posts: 706
Gender: male
What about Cinna???

that part was also rushed alot

The whole getting ready and ect.


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: The Hunger Games Movie
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:19 pm 
Captain
Captain
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:13 pm
Posts: 706
Gender: male
Seth wrote:
Oh good lord what a train wreck.

A watered down, white-washed, g-rated version of what is actually a very macabre, dark and gory tale! As if it werent bad enough that the story was excessively watered down and bland, but the set and special effects were about the grade you would expect on a b rate "Syfy Channel" movie, or one of those old horrible Stephen King book-to-movie films that would show on network TV.

I mean seriously...in my mind's eye, I expected something actually resembling a cornucopia for the cornucopie, not....whatever that was...
The genetically engineered beasts were supposed to mirror the dead contestants for shock value...instead we got horrible CGI dog-things. Key parts of the storyline compltely omitted. Details important later in the storyline also omitted.

And Cinna...who was supposed to be this 'free spirited, extravagant being is just Lenny Kravitz dressed in drab black with shiny eyeliner...i half expected him to whip out his Les Paul and start singing "Fly Away" or something. Good musician, not so good actor.

In fact, the ONLY part of this movie I really liked was Haymitch, but only in the beginning...because for some reason, and by some wierd miracle, he actually seemed cheery and sober no more than a third of the way into the movie...which even stole that joy...

ug. how very disappointed I am... :(




Double Post xD

But yeah. Haymitch is suposed to be always drunk

The funniest part of the movie was when that Capitol Lady was like *Im going to find Haymitch, Most likely in the bar car.
:lol:

But yeah, if they could re-do it and add more I would love to see it :)


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: The Hunger Games Movie
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:57 pm 
Major
Major
User avatar
 YIM  Profile

Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:17 am
Posts: 3827
Location: Right in front of you.... Arkansas, U.S.A.
Gender: male
Seth wrote:
Oh good lord what a train wreck.

A watered down, white-washed, g-rated version of what is actually a very macabre, dark and gory tale! As if it werent bad enough that the story was excessively watered down and bland, but the set and special effects were about the grade you would expect on a b rate "Syfy Channel" movie, or one of those old horrible Stephen King book-to-movie films that would show on network TV.

I mean seriously...in my mind's eye, I expected something actually resembling a cornucopia for the cornucopie, not....whatever that was...
The genetically engineered beasts were supposed to mirror the dead contestants for shock value...instead we got horrible CGI dog-things. Key parts of the storyline compltely omitted. Details important later in the storyline also omitted.

And Cinna...who was supposed to be this 'free spirited, extravagant being is just Lenny Kravitz dressed in drab black with shiny eyeliner...i half expected him to whip out his Les Paul and start singing "Fly Away" or something. Good musician, not so good actor.

In fact, the ONLY part of this movie I really liked was Haymitch, but only in the beginning...because for some reason, and by some wierd miracle, he actually seemed cheery and sober no more than a third of the way into the movie...which even stole that joy...

ug. how very disappointed I am... :(



And that's what dooms these kinds of movies, that desire to hit with the 12-16 age-group, I mean it may hit off very well with them, but the reputation from book into movie gets trashed every time. As for some of those special effects, I have to agree, that fire was on par with what you could find in an old 80s flick...

I've already shown my disgust with that cornucopia, I mean it looks like the tail end of an airplane, not the gold distracting beauty that it was supposed to be. As for the mutts, I didn't really consider there look, but I was definitely looking for something more... Human like.

As with storyline, I expected it to get slashed like it did, I was just hoping great key parts were kept in and really used to it's potential, as expected scenes that kept the action flowing were prefered and didn't dreadfully disappoint in that regards. However, action shouldn't have been the direction the movie took. More emphasis on the mystery of things needed more commitment.

The appearance of Cinna satisfied me for the most part actually, but as put by Seth, he needed more of a outlandish attitude. Haymitch was almost nail on the head with everything. Again, just that obvious foreshadowing that wasn't in the books that worry me. Also about his soberness, as reading I always felt as things went on he handled the drinking better and better. But in those scenes it showed him during the games, he sadly was much too cheery.

Also numair, if Finnich isn't a strong looking playboy, I shall be disappoint.


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: The Hunger Games Movie
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:11 pm 
Captain
Captain
User avatar
 WWW  YIM  Profile

Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:02 pm
Posts: 825
Location: Green Bay, Wisconsin, U.S.A. GO PACKERS!
Gender: male
Books~ AMAZING
Movie~ Could be better

*Don't judge a book by it's movie! ;)~Skits

_________________
SkittlesYUM
Image
Skype:theoschultz
Image


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: The Hunger Games Movie
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:18 pm 
Captain
Captain
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:55 am
Posts: 1160
Quote:
There were so many things wrong.

When did Cato give that speech at the end?
WHY WAS PEETA ABLE TO RUN?
The ending wasn't even part of book 1, it was part of book 2
The Cave scene should have been much longer and have more..stuff lets say
Rue didn't die the way she did in the movie

And ALOT more.


Use spoiler tags next time.


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: The Hunger Games Movie
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:43 pm 
Captain
Captain
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:13 pm
Posts: 706
Gender: male
Diazepam wrote:
Quote:
There were so many things wrong.

When did Cato give that speech at the end?
WHY WAS PEETA ABLE TO RUN?
The ending wasn't even part of book 1, it was part of book 2
The Cave scene should have been much longer and have more..stuff lets say
Rue didn't die the way she did in the movie

And ALOT more.


Use spoiler tags next time.



dont come here if you havnt seen the movie next time


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: The Hunger Games Movie
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:53 pm 
Captain
Captain
User avatar
 WWW  YIM  Profile

Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:02 pm
Posts: 825
Location: Green Bay, Wisconsin, U.S.A. GO PACKERS!
Gender: male
zach15 wrote:
Diazepam wrote:
Quote:
There were so many things wrong.

When did Cato give that speech at the end?
WHY WAS PEETA ABLE TO RUN?
The ending wasn't even part of book 1, it was part of book 2
The Cave scene should have been much longer and have more..stuff lets say
Rue didn't die the way she did in the movie

And ALOT more.


Use spoiler tags next time.



dont come here if you havnt seen the movie next time

^ True story bro

_________________
SkittlesYUM
Image
Skype:theoschultz
Image


Top
 

Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours



You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
WarLingo Android Mobile Game

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group  
Copyright Tacticsoft Ltd. 2008   
Updated By phpBBservice.nl