It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:36 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: banning the burqa
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:16 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
 WWW  Profile

Hey what you do in your own house is your own deal; however, why should I be restricted from wearing a hat at work when a Seek wears a turban (hat). I understand for religious reasons, but what you are then telling me because I do not subscribe to that faith, I am restricted. I know I am playing the role of devils advocate; however, no one should be special in that respect.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:03 am 
Major
Major
 YIM  Profile

Your comparisons are wrong. A hat and a turban as a form of clothing may be equal but however they dont mean the same. The hat is just a piece of clothing for you. However a Sikh is not supposed to cut his hair, and has to wear a turban at all times. If he doesnt you'd see hair reaching his knees LMFAO!!. Its religious and its personal. You cant equate both of these things. If wearing a hat is that important, then all you folks should petition and approach a court of law and get that law implemented. That is what you do in a democracy.

Infact if you do not know, a Sikh is also supposed to carry a sword at all times. They are a warrior tribe. You dont see them doing that do you? Its against the law everywhere so they dont do it. But wearing a turban is something very personal and religious to them. So how does that disturb you or make you unequal? You are not a Sikh and you choose not to wear a turban. They do.

This is not giving them special privileges. Its freedom of religion and secularism. They are still subject to the same laws and regulations. Why do you have a problem with them following or practicing their religion? Because of a piece of clothing? How is it different from the Taliban saying a woman who reveals her body even in the slightest way should be stoned? (The comparison being that you have a problem with clothing (The turban or the burqa), just like the Taliban does - with less clothing, which is common in the western world).

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:57 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
 WWW  Profile

I was just using that as a rough example. I happen to work with a good deal of Muslims......no issues with them; however, they do get EXTRA breaks so they can pray. Personally, that makes me a little angry. They get extra time to themselves because of there faith; however, while they are praying I am working. I am a Marxist, to where I believe religion is the opiate of the masses. Better yet a tool of oppression. also, for as long as there has been one God, there has been killing in his name. Sorry that I am all over the place.....sleep deprived and really not thinking straight.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:45 am 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 WWW  YIM  Profile

They did get extra time, but they do work the same. The same workload, the same deadline, just that instead of 8 hrs/day they work 10 hrs, in which 2 hrs they spend for praying.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:48 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
 WWW  Profile

aister wrote:
They did get extra time, but they do work the same. The same workload, the same deadline, just that instead of 8 hrs/day they work 10 hrs, in which 2 hrs they spend for praying.

Incorrect. Same 8 1/2 shift; however, instead of the 30 min lunch and 2 15 min breaks, they get 2 xtra 15 min breaks (paid for).

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:53 am 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 WWW  YIM  Profile

ok, but does that mean they will have longer deadline?

I don't think so

If their workload is the same, and their working hour is shorten, that means they will work more than everyone else

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:52 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
 WWW  Profile

aister wrote:
ok, but does that mean they will have longer deadline?

I don't think so

If their workload is the same, and their working hour is shorten, that means they will work more than everyone else

I work for a call center to where a xtra 1/2 hour off the phones means less of a work load for the same hours to where I have a 1/2 hour more of a work load.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:15 am 
Major
Major
 YIM  Profile

You should become a muslim and avail of the breaks then :lol: J/k.

Yes so, as a muslim you gotta pray 5 times a day, so they take those breaks. To say that they shouldn't get breaks, would mean not letting them practice a religion they want to. What if the same call center says, no holiday on Christmas day? Thats against our principles of freedom and secularism. Here in India Muslims can marry upto 5 women, while a Christian or a Hindu can marry only 1. If they marry more than that, its against the law. So do we complain? :lol:

Quote:
I believe religion is the opiate of the masses. Better yet a tool of oppression. also, for as long as there has been one God, there has been killing in his name

I agree with that. I feel the same way. Thats why I am atheist. But, not everyone shares this view. Infact there are Americans who will be dead against you for having that belief. You know this.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:13 am 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 WWW  YIM  Profile

Hmmm

I have some interests in going to India to live...

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:16 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
 WWW  Profile

aister wrote:
Hmmm

I have some interests in going to India to live...

What line of work are you? There are a good deal of programmer jobs over there from what I understand.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next