It is currently Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: Prejudice around the world
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:11 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

I'll say what i said on another topic.

As if the world doesn't have enough to separate ourselves with already, race, culture, likes, dislikes, music, wealth, gender, IQ, age, birthplace, politics/war, oil, sports,Clothing, hair styles, the list goes on and on.....

In reality your fooling yourselves if you look at another person and say "I dont like how you look, so I'm going to hate you." or because of what your people did to my people, I am forever entitled to claim my ancestors rights as my own reward for their hard work. You know i am tired of racism on all sides of life. Whether your Red, yellow, pale, brown, mid white, black, purple for all i give a (----). Its insanity.

1 point is that we are all humans whether you like that or not our DNA proves that.

2. The more we focus on our differences we tend to forget our similarities. THE MAJORITY OF people do not want to hurt, harm, hate, fight, and murder. Yes there are those who do this and that, here and there, that generally makes the rest of each group look negative. But face the facts. If your a jerk, your a jerk regardless of the color of skin you have, or where your from, or how u dress. The same goes for you if your a descent person.

3. The reason why we have so much prejudice around the world today is because you just cant forgive....you just cant let go. You dont want to sit back and say "whats done is done, we cant change the past but we can change the future." No you wanna sit their and complain about how hard you have it, or how hard someone else is making it for you when you really don't realize that each person is responsible for themselves. Stop pointing the finger and stop blaming it on past lives of people who are DEAD. It was their battles, their wars, their problems, and the last thing anyone's ancestors wanted was for hate in the world to still be alive. If anyone here has ancestors who were treated badly in their lives: They would smack you today if they saw the way you acted. Even if your the one who feels that others are being racist toward you. Now don't get me wrong, sometimes there are just acts of out right prejudice no matter what the issue is. But you've gotta learn to let it go. Hate makes the world go around just as much as love does. If someone calls me a prejudice comment, does it tick me off? HECK YEAH! I may curse or fight , etc etc....but it doesn't make it right.... what does it solve? Sure you may feel better, but in reality, you just proved your aggressor right. And pain only causes more pain, and so on. Break the cycle....because if you don't. When you die, you'll just be another echo in the dust.

-Elric of New Atlas.

Not that it matters but I'm White, not an adult, and I am Lower-Middle class American.
...see if that fits your prejudice

MORE BD Comics on Facebook

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:43 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

prejudice and racism is everywhere all around us. one day coming home from school just as we left the school there was the big roup of black people beating the holy crap our of o mexican guy and his girlfriend. it was brutal and sickening. they were stomping on them and hitting them while they were on the ground in the middle of the street. everybody was stopping there cars, honking there horns, and trying to stop it. once the group ran off to avaid the cops the 2 mexicans were bloody and bruised. i never thought i would have to witness something like that firsthand. but racism will always be and i dont think its going anywhere unfortunately.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:27 am 
Captain
Captain

we are racists overe here too but i never see anyone caling a person from a other culture bad things.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:09 am 
Captain
Captain

Devil9 wrote:
we are racists overe here too but i never see anyone caling a person from a other culture bad things.

asians are bad.

:P cant be racist to self~

there is only one race that really is important. the 100 metres.

-~~Retired Spammer~~-

~Agnostic atheist pastafarian~

Discussion+debates and World Events.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:34 am 
Captain
Captain

such an old Topic brought back I mean DeamonSlayer is even in it

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:19 am 
Captain
Captain

ZeR47 wrote:
such an old Topic brought back I mean DeamonSlayer is even in it

i generally post like a couple times in a week then leave for a monther - 2 months then rock up again <3

pretty bad bump, but world events and discussion+debates is dying so its fine to give it a little shock.

-~~Retired Spammer~~-

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:11 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

I hate to admit it but my friends have told me I'm slightly racist... :?
And I really don't want to be either. I think racism is bull crap. And so is prejudice. We're all human. And in fact, we are all ancestors of Africa. Yes all you whites (me included :P ), The first man appeared in Africa. Then moved all throughout Asia, Africa, and Europe. then eventually to the Americas.

No signatures will be made.

Spam Day RPs have been thrown away.

Tittle as Maintenance Team and GM as been abandoned.

Good luck with the forums, you'll need it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:20 am 
Captain
Captain

TheMasterOfGames wrote:
I hate to admit it but my friends have told me I'm slightly racist... :?
And I really don't want to be either. I think racism is bull crap. And so is prejudice. We're all human. And in fact, we are all ancestors of Africa. Yes all you whites (me included :P ), The first man appeared in Africa. Then moved all throughout Asia, Africa, and Europe. then eventually to the Americas.

if you were to send anyone into space with a limited gene pool, you would use africans predominately as they are genetically most diverse. ie. you wouldnt send peruvians.

btw, its middle east -> europe -> asia -> oceania -> north america -> south america

sorry, but ive been nerding it up, i haz bio exams this year. gonna try and scrape an A+

i am racist. not like, i hate all races, but i always observe the differences, i feel the differences are what makes us unique and what is wrong with calling asians fobs and laughing at engrish? my jewish friend doesnt mind the odd anti semitic joke, but i think ive been ripping too hard on the polish... but seriously. they are like almost worse then the french ;)

anyways, i have that irritating racism that is hard to remove cause it isnt exactly bad... but encourages racism nonetheless.

meh

"there is only one race that counts, the 100 metres"

-~~Retired Spammer~~-

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:10 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

mrducky, On the first post, don't you mean we should "condemn" bigorty, not to "condone" it?

Anyways, I think any and every kind of prejudice is like an avalanche; one person or group works hard to convince and spread damning lies about another group, for the purposes of discrediting or indirectly destroying that group. People get swept up by it, and eventually, we get discrimination and persecution of that group. What's sad about it is the population that are exposed to such lies could simply look around and see the mistruth, but since we have a tendency for conformity, we just go with the flow, in hopes of being accepted into the main society and not be outcasted, if not persecuted like the rest of them. And of course since we were born, raised and educated in more than one way, we all tend to have a small bias; some people just take it too far.

So yeah, I'm the guy everyone eventually hates.

[Advice for the New Player Here]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:08 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Exactly, we're all racist in some ways. Not always in a bad way. I personally like African-Americans because they're hilarious in comedy and good rappers. It's not just hating a race to be racist, it's seeing them differently.

No signatures will be made.

Spam Day RPs have been thrown away.

Tittle as Maintenance Team and GM as been abandoned.

Good luck with the forums, you'll need it.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next