It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject: Re: Imagine if... (Just imagine)
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:31 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

No he's got a point.

But the thing about computers was simply retarted. Computers aren't living beings, and if computers/robots ever can talk/walk, they shouldn't be considered actual life because they would classify as artificial.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:36 pm 
Major
Major

dylsupreme1 wrote:
No he's got a point.

But the thing about computers was simply retarted. Computers aren't living beings, and if computers/robots ever can talk/walk, they shouldn't be considered actual life because they would classify as artificial.

that was my little joke :P (but still kind of a valid example) Something that we don't see as something that deserves rights or freedom, but maybe in a different time it will.

Also understand that technology advances x2 every year :P

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:03 am 
Captain
Captain

Imagine there's no heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people living for today

Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people living life in peace

You, you may say
I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one
I hope some day you'll join us
And the world will be as one

Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people sharing all the world

You, you may say
I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one
I hope some day you'll join us
And the world will live as one

- John Lenon (Imagine)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:24 am 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 WWW  YIM  Profile

dylsupreme1 wrote:
No he's got a point.

even if it's artificial, if they can think, they can talk, they have emotion, there will be ppl who feel sympathy to them. We create robots, we make them talk, we make them feel, and we make them our own slaves, working 24/7 without any thoughts of escape, becuz the programmer disable it.

In a way, it's worse than human slaves...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:25 am 
Major
Major
 YIM  Profile

Getting back on topic....

Quote:
But again the whole situation is confusing.. The 9/11.. Al-Qaeda.. America wants to bring democracy all over the world.. But their way of enforcing democracy is something hard to agree with...

This is where they mislead you. America DOES NOT want a democracy in the middle east. For a long time, during the cold war, America and the Soviet union realized that if the middle east was controlled, then it meant world domination. Because you would consequently control the energy resources. The soviet union had its borders almost close to Iran. And the US had influence in Saudi Arabia, Iraq and Iran. After the 1979 revolution where American covert activities were defeated by the people (since the shah was put in place by the US), America took an anti Iran stance. And at the backing of the US, Iraq attacked Iran. The war ended in disaster and Iraq was heavily in debt to Kuwait.

Now Kuwait refused to forgive the 14 billion dollars or so debt, and therefore Iraq invaded Kuwait amidst other accusations like slant drilling etc, cuz Iraq saw that as a betrayal. They argued that they had effectively contained Iran's influence in the middle east. America now turned its back on Saddam, and since Kuwait was oil rich, defended it.

That was the first Gulf War. We all know what happened after that, and now we know that America is trying to start another war with Iran.

If you look through history, you will find a pattern emerging. The US backed governments have ALWAYS been dictatorships and they have never actually installed a democracy. Saudi Arabia, UAE, Iran (before 1979), Iraq you name it. They were/are ALL dictatorships supported by the US. After Iraq refused to be controlled by the US, they gave false reasons to take Saddam down and have now installed a puppet government there. Even in the case of Afghanistan, America supported the Jihadis who subsequently became the Taliban during the Soviet wars.

The reason for this is simple. America and Israel (to a minor extent) CANNOT afford for a democracy in the middle east. The moment public opinion starts to affect national policy, it means the US will lose its foothold in the middle east. Similarly for Israel, they use these dictatorships for political mileage in the Arab-Israel conflict. Therefore, WHENEVER a democracy starts to emerge in the middle east, the western foreign policy planners start having a headache. And they will do everything in their power to delegitimize such a government and destroy them using false allegations, terrorism, nuclear weapons etc as reasons to go to war and keep their control over these nations. Its the same thing brewing with Iran now.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:22 am 
Captain
Captain

@mfreak... all valid points mate... but we don't know the whole truth.. that is how the picture looks from 1 side.. But we are never presented with the complete pic..

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:16 pm 
Major
Major
 YIM  Profile

That IS the whole picture. The other side of the story is the reasons they give you on mainstream media about Iran being evil and developing nuclear weapons to wipe out Israel blah blah. I mean seriously no one in their right mind will ever attack Israel, especially Iran. They know they will be obliterated.

US foreign policy aims at one and only one thing. The absolute and total control of a nations political, economical and natural resources. This is all the US has been doing right from the end of the 2nd World war by bestowing upon themselves a "Right to protect". Ever think that other countries may not wanna live the "American way" or embrace democracy?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7