It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: Eh....
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:40 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

http://www.courthousenews.com/2012/07/18/48482.htm

Spoiler:
TKT - Rank 10 E3
NICT - Rank 9 F2

Post subject: Re: Eh....
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:45 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

gotta love america...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:26 pm 
Captain
Captain
 WWW  Profile

American police... :roll:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:22 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major
 YIM  Profile

oh wow

Best alliance finished:1st

The Silent Spammer.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:38 am 
Major
Major

Well, it's the United States government at fault here. Iraq, Iran, Afganistan, Libya, Pakistan, Israel, Border with Mexico, Drug wars, Airport security.

Cliche America tradition to take things to far. I don't feel like it was necessarily the police's fault completely, as they were just doing there job but it was the execution of this mission, it never would've happened if they didn't have the right to just bust into someones home. This is what our forefathers were afraid of. This is what the Bill of Rights was supposed to protect us from.

just two hundered years ago it was a heated debate in this country if the Bill of Rights should even exist, thinking the six duties of the govt were enough to save us from this written in the constitution.

But now it seems not even the document 'the bill of rights' is enough to protect us from the atrocity that is the United States police and government, we are no longer the land of the free but the land of the disillusioned. One case of many here that prove it.

Change police protocol get rid of the patriot act and stop our involvement in the world issues. Countries in power should not be so involved in other countries, it causes what we see today in the Middle East and what we saw in WW1.

I feel like I'm kicking a dead horse here, but Ron Paul 2012

:P

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:40 am 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 WWW  YIM  Profile

i can't access the site, can anyone post up wat it is there?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:42 am 
Major
Major

Quote:
MINNEAPOLIS (CN) - After breaking down doors and shooting the family dog, a drug task force forced handcuffed children "to sit next to the carcass of their dead and bloody pet for more than an hour," and kept searching even after they knew they were raiding the wrong house, the family claims in Federal Court.
All nine occupants of the home, including three children, sued the officers, the state and Ramsey County in Federal Court.
Defendants include members of the Dakota County Drug Task Force, the St. Paul Police force, and a DEA agent.
Lead plaintiff Roberto Franco claims the task force raided the wrong house: that they should have gone next door.
Franco claims that Task Force Officer Shawn Scovill, who orchestrated the raid, "provided false information to a Minnesota District Court judge in order to obtain a search warrant. Defendant Scovill lied when he informed the District Court judge who reviewed Scovill's search warrant application that Scovill had obtained information from the confidential informant that the plaintiffs' home was the properly targeted house and that the address and the identity of the individuals who resided therein were the plaintiffs."
The complaint adds: The search warrant specifically named Rafael Ybarra as the intended target suspect. Plaintiff Roberto Franco was not named in the search warrant, nor was any person who lived in the raided house named in the search warrant.
"There was never a mention of plaintiff, Roberto Franco, in any documents related to the raid search warrant.
"Plaintiff, Roberto Franco, had never been discussed or considered a suspect by law enforcement, Scovill or any of the defendants directly involved or indirectly involved in the raid, relative to any alleged involvement by Franco in any distribution of contraband prior to the wrong house raid."
Ybarra lived next door, Franco says. He says Ybarra's name, not his, was on the warrant.
But on the night of July 13, 2010, the task force broke down the Francos' doors, "negligently raided the home of plaintiffs, by raiding the wrong home and physically brutalizing all the above-named occupants of said house," the complaint states.
Even after learning that they were in the wrong house, the complaint states, the drug busters stayed in the Francos' home and kept searching it.
They "handcuffed all of the inhabitants of the plaintiffs' home except plaintiff Analese Franco who was forced, virtually naked, from her bed onto the floor at gunpoint by officers of the St. Paul Police Department SWAT team and officers of the St. Paul Police Department."
The complaint states: "Upon forcibly breaching the plaintiffs' home, defendants terrorized the plaintiffs at gun and rifle point.
"Each plaintiff was forced to the floor at gun and rifle point and handcuffed behind their backs.
"Defendants shot and killed the family dog and forced the handcuffed children to sit next to the carcass of their dead pet and bloody pet for more than an hour while defendants continued to search the plaintiffs' home."
One child "was kicked in the side, handcuffed and searched at gunpoint," the family says.
Another child, a girl, "a diabetic, was handcuffed at gunpoint and prevented by officer from obtaining and taking her medication, thus induced a diabetic episode as a result of low-blood sugar levels."
During their illegal search, the officers found a .22 revolver in the basement bedroom of plaintiff Gilbert Castillo. The cops "improperly attributed the possession of said weapon to plaintiff Roberto Franco and arrested him."
"Plaintiff Roberto Franco was wrongfully convicted of the alleged offense and is currently incarcerated with the Minnesota Department of Corrections," the complaint states.
In summary, the complaint states: "Defendants improperly and illegally remained in the home of the plaintiffs searching and seizing items despite the fact that they had learned that they had raided the wrong home.
"Defendant, Shawn Scovill intentionally perjured himself in his sworn testimony on the witness stand at the suppression hearing and at the trial of plaintiff, Roberto Franco.
"Defendant, Shawn Scovill intentionally misrepresented the facts of the criminal case against Roberto Franco in all documents following the arrest of, plaintiff Roberto Franco.
"Defendant Shawn Scovill intentionally misrepresented the facts in the State's criminal against plaintiff Gilbert Castillo when he said that Gilbert Castillo did not state that the confiscated weapon belonged to Gilbert Castillo.
"Defendant Shawn Scovill perjured himself when he testified in the suppression hearing and at the trial of plaintiff Roberto Franco that Scovill had received a text message from the confidential informant which stated the address of the house to be raided was the house address that Scovill had placed on the search warrant.
"Defendants had identified and raided the wrong house."
The parents say the three children suffered traumatic emotional and personal injuries that require therapy.
They demand $10 million for civil rights violations and $20 million in punitive damages.
They are represented by Scott Selmer with Conner, McAlister & Selmer, of Minneapolis.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:59 am 
Major
Major
 YIM  Profile

....And they complain about countries like China ^^

The police in the US have become more and more, "third world like", if I can say that without sounding too politically incorrect. I mean in countries like India, you get caught with the police, they will beat the (Want to be allies? Sometimes I like to pretend I am a princess riding a pony..) out of you. That is not expected in countries like the US where due process is supposed to be more effective. Add to that the case in the UK where a police officer brutally beat up a woman in captivity. I guess all law enforcement agencies anywhere are just as bad. -_-

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:13 am 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 WWW  YIM  Profile

I just got fined today and the policeman wrote me a fine "report" (or watever it's called), saying I was fined 10 times less than the actual amount of money I had to pay...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:15 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Quote:
A police officer will never employ unnecessary force or
violence and will use only such force in the discharge of
duty as is reasonable in all circumstances.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/2 ... 46841.html

I have to admit, I'm more pissed off about the dog. Uncalled for, no matter what. And in one of those, an untrained officer shot a boxer puppy because it claimed it 'threatened' him. Do you know how small they are? If you're threatened by a domesticated boxer puppy you shouldn't be carrying a gun and you shouldn't be a police officer. And a pregnant chihuahua got "caught in the crossfire."

Crossfire - Gunfire from two or more directions crossing the same area

Was the guy shooting at him to? Doesn't say that.

Ok whatever. Move past that. They shot the family dog and forced the children to the floor at gunpoint, then made the children sit near the carcass of the dog while they searched the house. It was a family. I know appearances deceive but what the hell did they expect to find? Closets filled with cocaine, syringes and bongs?

So many things wrong with this. And with that other link I posted, with the mentally ill guy getting beaten and killed by those officers? I know power corrupts and you can get a little excited if you're new, just wondering if you'll get to use that gun or use the power given to you, but killing animals and people unnecessarily is crazy.

Spoiler:
TKT - Rank 10 E3
NICT - Rank 9 F2

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]