It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:09 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Libya...
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:38 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

TheMasterOfGames wrote:
I think I change my opinion on this. Now that I think about it, Gaddafi killing off innocent people seems just wrong. I just hope we don't go overboard on this. Once Gaddafi is out, so should we.

I like you so much less for this statement. You "think" you change your opinion on a tyrant killing hundreds to thousands of innocent lives just cause the people posting in this thread? You're a terrible person. Can't believe you just wrote that.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:42 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Anarchist69x wrote:
I like you so much less for this statement. You "think" you change your opinion on a tyrant killing hundreds to thousands of innocent lives just cause the people posting in this thread? You're a terrible person. Can't believe you just wrote that.

He's changed his opinion because he's read various arguments in this thread which has made him more informed. What better reason is there for changing your point of view?

TheMasterOfGames wrote:
I think I change my opinion on this. Now that I think about it, Gaddafi killing off innocent people seems just wrong. I just hope we don't go overboard on this. Once Gaddafi is out, so should we.

This is exactly what I'm worried about. It turning into another Iraq/Afghanistan. Once Gadaffi's out, we need to go

IGN: jooke

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:22 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Iraq was USA&Co forcing change. Libya is UN answering a request for aid.

In Iraq, it was a far less moderated force invading, and there was no new government ready and waiting to take control.

In Libya, it's the much more controlled UN running things, and there is already a rebel government established and ready to take control.

In short? It's not going to be another Iraq.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:00 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

joash wrote:
Anarchist69x wrote:

He's changed his opinion because he's read various arguments in this thread which has made him more informed. What better reason is there for changing your point of view?

Thank you joash.
I never said it was merely because of this thread. I had just never really thought of it in depth until recently. Don't go calling me a horrible person based off of false accusations.

But it's good to know that we won't be interfering after all this. At least I hope we don't. It seems like just one thing after another.

No signatures will be made.

Spam Day RPs have been thrown away.

Tittle as Maintenance Team and GM as been abandoned.

Good luck with the forums, you'll need it.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:09 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

No, you're terrible for creating this thread saying we should not intervene on a what could be the next future genocide. Then turning back on your words by saying you "think" you should change your mind on the subject after thinking in depth about a murderer tyrant that does not care for his people. What's there to really think about? He's killing hundreds of innocent civilians. That alone is enough reason for countries to unite to take him out.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:44 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

I guess what I'm really on edge with this is that the civilians might get hurt in some way. It seems the US likes to poke out noses into other countries a lot.

No signatures will be made.

Spam Day RPs have been thrown away.

Tittle as Maintenance Team and GM as been abandoned.

Good luck with the forums, you'll need it.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:34 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Ok.Most of you guys are going to hate me for this.Think of it this way.If the UN dont step in,the rebels would be killed.If the UN step in,which they did,Gandaffi's supporters(Mainly armed civilians)would be killed.UN make 1 wrong move,Lybia becomes the next afgan.I think that the UN should just stay out of this and let both sides kill each other.

No matter how long I have been gone, my heart will lead me back here.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:58 am 
Corporal
Corporal

your trying to say that it aint America and UK's problem.
But the UN was made to prevent war and the possibility of WW3

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:37 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

tellerofpointedstones wrote:
Ok.Most of you guys are going to hate me for this.Think of it this way.If the UN dont step in,the rebels would be killed.If the UN step in,which they did,Gandaffi's supporters(Mainly armed civilians)would be killed.UN make 1 wrong move,Lybia becomes the next afgan.I think that the UN should just stay out of this and let both sides kill each other.

This cannot be the next Iraq/Afghan for a simple reason. Iraq/Afghan were invasions. This is support to an existing, democratic government in Libya.

The rebels are claling the shorts politiclaly, we are merely lending military aid. Without our fingers in the political pie of Libya, it is practically impossible for this to turn into Iraq/Afghan.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:03 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

I think the worry is that once Gaddafi is out the West will stay in there and try and choose the regime that takes over. Then, they will end up helping out like they are in Iraq and Afghanistan. Although the initial intentions are different, the result could be the same

IGN: jooke

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next