It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:51 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject: Re: BEST ANIME EVER
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:21 pm 
Captain
Captain
 YIM  Profile

So, tell me winters am I annoying? Do I have that characteristic that u can imagine and see in every person that likes naruto? which I assume is the fact that they get so inside the anime that they start comparing each and everything they can with something inside the anime as well as their thoughts, they start "living" the anime as much as they can even trying to imitate hand signs, "techniques" OR voices.

THAT is what I find annoying in people that like certain animes, I'm not saying naruto specially but a wide number of animes. These characteristics are normally the bases to call someone "Otaku" with the obvious "I've seen more than X number of animes and I remember most parts of X & Y & Z episodes" where X, Y & Z can go from 1 to infinite.

Not because of that I despise them or hate anime in general. Winters, I agree in the fact that what makes anime a lot more interesting is the fact that irl u cannot make 1 actor look so... weird or even half cool/crazy/random/freak and sincerely that's what I find most interesting in anime. Seeing something I cannot normally see with common series.

Eg. I prefer a hundred times Hellsing more than "Vampire diaries" apart from the fact VD is a series directed to girls obsessed with twilight saga (btw I hate that thing too). Why? simple, Alucard is 10 times more vampire than any of the actors of VD, he looks way cooler than them and more insane. and Hellsing plot is way more elaborated and mysterious than VD (at least the first season(s)). Yes I'm saying anime pwns some series tho I admit some other series pwn anime. 2 & 1/2 men are way more funny than any anime I've seen until now, and yes I agree again with winters, they at least have some more irl common sense BUT I have to say winters failed to see the point of such animes (the "funny" plot ones) that is: to go as far from reality and into nonsense as possible in order to generate some laughter. Laughter that is not the one preferred by everyone but laughter in the end.

Now, back on topic.

Ronelm has a point: the best anime ever cannot be judged solely on personal thoughts (Enjoyment) but in several other ponts.

Enjoyment
Emotional attachment
Originality
Music
Plot Progress
Main character progress

And some other things I cannot think right now cause I'm going to enter a class xD

See ya later and I hope this gives some more material to discuss :D

-Shion

E6A2 #2 M2A1 #9 E3A1 #16 E6A4 #24 E5A3 #24

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:43 pm 
Captain
Captain
 WWW  Profile

Shion wrote:

Eg. I prefer a hundred times Hellsing more than "Vampire diaries" apart from the fact VD is a series directed to girls obsessed with twilight saga (btw I hate that thing too). Why? simple, Alucard is 10 times more vampire than any of the actors of VD, he looks way cooler than them and more insane. and Hellsing plot is way more elaborated and mysterious than VD (at least the first season(s)). Yes I'm saying anime pwns some series tho I admit some other series pwn anime. 2 & 1/2 men are way more funny than any anime I've seen until now, and yes I agree again with winters, they at least have some more irl common sense BUT I have to say winters failed to see the point of such animes (the "funny" plot ones) that is: to go as far from reality and into nonsense as possible in order to generate some laughter. Laughter that is not the one preferred by everyone but laughter in the end.

Now, back on topic.

Ronelm has a point: the best anime ever cannot be judged solely on personal thoughts (Enjoyment) but in several other ponts.

Enjoyment
Emotional attachment
Originality
Music
Plot Progress
Main character progress

And some other things I cannot think right now cause I'm going to enter a class xD

See ya later and I hope this gives some more material to discuss :D

-Shion

I actually see a lot of series and write books (fantasy, very strange characters) and what I find with Anime that's it's not just crazy-crazy like Kefka (Kefka I love because he for example poisons a city he already has sieged, why? because he feels like it and doesn't see any reason why not to. Now THAT is a bad guy I love to hate), but crazy in such an surrealistic way that simply put I start finding it a bit pathetic! I mean, I have this girl insisting I am her brother (know her IRL) who loves anime. Great girl, but the view it gives me from the inside of the anime community shocks me time after time. People calling each other japanese names instead of their first names, people starting whole anime families and refusing to accept a "normal" guy because they are used to "anime" guys and they are so "cute" and "handsome".

They haven't even seen them, simply put Anime has a tendency to be so incredible EXTREME in all possible ways, it tends to completely screw over someone's ability of putting things into context of the real situation!

People aren't like anime guys, people are imperfect, people can be total jerks at one time but be totally sweet when they are in a different mood. By going that much into the community you forget what makes our life's different from the series, better then the series.

Humanity. The Human Factor, which seems completely unrepresented in Anime! Because Anime tends to extremize things so damn much, people start choosing the anime world's over the real world unconsciously due their heavy empathy for their favourite green-haired character, slowly but surely killing their actually real life skills.

I am basing this of my friend, best friend, ex girlfriend's (2) and own experience (I used to talk to a bunch, I eventually got "thrown away" because I gave them the choice to give me their real first names and we call each other that way or stop talking to me when they asked me to get an anime name. They made their choice. I always observe groups and always seek to find out how every type of group and community socialize and treat each other. I find psychology fascinating)

My point being, I feel anime is taking people, especially kids who are easily influenced, way to far... Things like Pokemon are still pretty relaxed, but people don't realize that Anime is completely unlike anything real and it wouldn't be good if it was. Because despite anything bad that might happen, the real world is more unique, elaborated, original, surprising, fascinating and extensive then anything virtual will ever be.

There are freaks in other series, but they are a lot more humane and realistic. E.G Dr. House is the most insane but loveable doctor, The Joker in Batman is absolutely brilliant...

Vampire Diaries and Twilight are main stream- now, don't make me pull out some main stream anime because we both know that wouldn't be pretty :P

As in fantasy series, Sword of Truth is most likely awesome (miniseries, I read the books, absolutely amazingly captivating and interesting books), the movie I got my picture from is incredibly funny (sci-fi, HitchHiker's guide to the galaxy, Moonlight got removed but it was a great vampire series about Mick St. John, a vampire that functions as a private investigator and drinks blood he get's from his "dealer" (from a donations center XD) and a Journalist who eventually fall in love and kill bad things and crap like that. Then if you like long lasting series, Buffy the Vampire Slayer is a whole ton better then VD will ever be. Mind you the vampires are quite cool and if you don't mind female protagonists, it's truly not a bad series.

My basic point being, Anime takes things a step to far, I think that humanity would be a lot better off without it.

On this game, for example, it's supposed to be BATTLE dawn. Instead almost all the forums are now officially filled with Anime posts. Some people understand them and love them, but it also scare(s/d) a whole load of people away because they aren't used to things going like that.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:46 pm 
Corporal
Corporal
 YIM  Profile

winter you are completly exagorating. ( PS: i suck at spelling soory.) people rather choose anime more than the awfull truth of hummanitty because would you like to live in a roten world were siners still sin in the most extreme ways that cause the rest of the world to suffer. people including me would like to escape this orgy of sins and rather "escape" this he!! and forget this forsaken worlds is real. People dress up as anime people to express them selfs and show that there is still some happines in this rotten world were crimes continue to increase but no one cares. so most of what you said sounds to starange to be true. also pokemon has really lost its sense of origonality after season 1 and thats why i personaly dont think pokemon is any good anymore

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:23 pm 
Captain
Captain
 WWW  Profile

rasungod wrote:
winter you are completly exagorating. ( PS: i suck at spelling soory.) people rather choose anime more than the awfull truth of hummanitty because would you like to live in a roten world were siners still sin in the most extreme ways that cause the rest of the world to suffer. people including me would like to escape this orgy of sins and rather "escape" this he!! and forget this forsaken worlds is real. People dress up as anime people to express them selfs and show that there is still some happines in this rotten world were crimes continue to increase but no one cares. so most of what you said sounds to starange to be true. also pokemon has really lost its sense of origonality after season 1 and thats why i personaly dont think pokemon is any good anymore

You are partially exaggerating. But mostly correct.

1. Anime has good ones, original ones, and ones that take things to realism (like Tokyo Magnitude 8.0)

2. Anime present more original ideas than most TV shows out there (TV dramas -- CSI wannabes? High School musical wannabes? anyone)
Examples are Toaru Majutsu no Index (which mix science and magic in a conspiracy way; Chaos;Head which presents the realism <> delusion theory; Angel Beats (about after-life drama); and Haruhi (super-cliche and genre-blending)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:53 pm 
Corporal
Corporal
 YIM  Profile

Just a heads up voting ends next month :)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:01 am 
Captain
Captain
 WWW  Profile

rasungod wrote:
Just a heads up voting ends next month :)

for?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7