It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:15 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Who Created God?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:51 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Just FYI Duck the 'make up random stuff and put it in the place of God' thing is very dated, seek fresh material.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:04 am 
Captain
Captain

Routhy wrote:
Just FYI Duck the 'make up random stuff and put it in the place of God' thing is very dated, seek fresh material.

as opposed to referring to a multi millenia old book as a source? thats nice of you, refraining from hypocrisy...

btw, i would appreciate it greatly if you can actually point to the "random stuff i make up". i suggest reading a book from stephen hawking, "a brief history of time" is fantastic.
or, since you are a conservative, ill go back to the good ol' days and point to einstein and how he laughed at newtonian physics demonstrating that gravity bends space. gravity affects time. this was all covered under the heading "general relativity". space-time is a relatively old concept. do try to keep up. (published 1915)

@MmCm6
i only point that out with the "created needs a creator" argument. the common go around these days is "god wasnt created, god is eternal"

so i can point out the the raw energy (material) for the universe wasnt created. its eternal.
See: Conservation of energy
although anything before the big bang is the supernatural and beyond the realm of science so no one knows how the system present before the big bang handled energy.

its a cop out, but a perfectly reasonable cop out. at least its based on reason and evidence as opposed to GODIDIT

btw. just a heads up, gods are often metaphysical and not tangible. so they are unlikely to be made of 'matter'

-~~Retired Spammer~~-

~Agnostic atheist pastafarian~

Discussion+debates and World Events.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:57 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

mrducky wrote:
Routhy wrote:

as opposed to referring to a multi millenia old book as a source? thats nice of you, refraining from hypocrisy...

btw, i would appreciate it greatly if you can actually point to the "random stuff i make up". i suggest reading a book from stephen hawking, "a brief history of time" is fantastic.
or, since you are a conservative, ill go back to the good ol' days and point to einstein and how he laughed at newtonian physics demonstrating that gravity bends space. gravity affects time. this was all covered under the heading "general relativity". space-time is a relatively old concept. do try to keep up. (published 1915)

...In a conversation about the content of said book, it'd be hard for me not to reference it, would it not?

Here's some random stuff you made up:

Quote:
(who create god? the magic hamster. who created the magic hamster? the all knowing unicorn. who created the all knowing unicorn? odin. who created odin? jesus. who created jesus? superman. who created superman? an intelligent shade of blue. who created... etc etc.)

Note how you mocked the original question by putting random stuff you made up in place of God, just like I said.

I am also well aware that most of the things there were not actually made up by you, and am also aware that you listed the J-man in there and will no doubt be tempted to suggest that I am saying that he is 'made up', so now you don't need to waste time pulling at that thread. Semantics is boring.

That is what I was referring to, not the actual scientific content of your posts. Do try to keep up.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:32 pm 
Captain
Captain

If god created us then someone must have created him he can't have just been there like a lot of you keep suggesting

Taz

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:17 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Not at all, you are assuming that the basic facts about our existence apply to God, which is not necessarily the case.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:46 pm 
Captain
Captain

People who believe in God don't question where he came from. Its called Faith they believe God was the first thing and there was nothingness before he created everything. they dont need to question it because they already have faith. the second you start questioning things the devil will get you like mr. ducky here(jk).

best round-SAGE E2 -312 power
most conquers at one point-122

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:50 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

What a silly question, sir! One day men decided to invent imaginary friends in order to justify their existence and these simply evolved. Take for example the Christian and Islamic Gods, both rip-offs of the Jewish God.

Gods are men-made products.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:54 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Perhaps the specific Gods, but nobody on Earth can disprove the presence of a higher power, more intelligent being, whatever you want to call it.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:38 am 
Captain
Captain

Routhy wrote:
mrducky wrote:
Routhy wrote:

...In a conversation about the content of said book, it'd be hard for me not to reference it, would it not?

i thought we were discussing god in general, this lmeans the version of god can be challenged. i challenge with the most basic challenge. OTHER GODS. i also wanted to demonstrate the ad infinitum

Here's some random stuff you made up:

Quote:
(who create god? the magic hamster. who created the magic hamster? the all knowing unicorn. who created the all knowing unicorn? odin. who created odin? jesus. who created jesus? superman. who created superman? an intelligent shade of blue. who created... etc etc.)

Note how you mocked the original question by putting random stuff you made up in place of God, just like I said.

random stuff i made up? EXCUSE ME. please dont insult my religious beliefs. like the greeks which had many followers or the norsic religion which had many follows or the egyptian religion which had many followers, my polytheistic belief contains many gods begetting each other. just like zeus pulled a god from his thigh, the all knowing unicorn used its laser vision to craft the magic hamster from magic space crystal who in turn created god from its shed fur.

talking snake still trumps this IMO.

I am also well aware that most of the things there were not actually made up by you, and am also aware that you listed the J-man in there and will no doubt be tempted to suggest that I am saying that he is 'made up', so now you don't need to waste time pulling at that thread. Semantics is boring.

That is what I was referring to, not the actual scientific content of your posts. Do try to keep up.

im sorry, but surely you should have known about the all knowing unicorn, wisest of the gods. do try to keep up

Routhy wrote:
Perhaps the specific Gods, but nobody on Earth can disprove the presence of a higher power, more intelligent being, whatever you want to call it.

unfortunately the onus is on you. anyone who has googled "burden of proof" for a meagre 8 seconds would know that the positive claim must be given supporting evidence. not the negative claim. you can no more disprove god then you can disprove leprechauns. im just saying, leprechauns must exist :roll:

Edit*
its felt like ages since i whipped out the green <3

-~~Retired Spammer~~-

~Agnostic atheist pastafarian~

Discussion+debates and World Events.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:28 pm 
Captain
Captain

Routhy wrote:

Equally, nobody on Earth can disprove the existence of the Magical Flying Teapot that is currently orbiting the Sun. Or the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next