It is currently Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:13 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours





Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Gay marriage.
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:12 pm 
Major
Major
User avatar
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:38 am
Posts: 4744
Location: In your closet , the netherlands
Gender: male
Should gay marriage be legal?



/debate.

_________________
ImageImage
best rank/Best rank of alliance which I led 1#
Most amount of crystals/relics held 355/3
Total amount of crystals/relics obtained 2500~/11


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Gay marriage.
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:23 pm 
Captain
Captain
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:11 pm
Posts: 803
Gender: male
I am christian.

People are always arguing that this never happened in the bible and such. (Adam and Eve)

Marriage is being joined with someone you love. It is not up to you to decide how two people want to live their lives. If they love each other... THEN LET THEM! It's as simple as that. There are already enough problems and it is sad that so much time is wasted on this.


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Gay marriage.
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:03 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major
User avatar
 YIM  Profile

Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:07 am
Posts: 2021
Location: TC ,Michigan
Gender: male
is it really so wrong for jill to love jane or billy to love bob

no it isn't

in america we shouldn't bow the whims of the church but it being against the bible is the only reason i hear from people trying to stop it

_________________
Image

Gate of Babylon
Top rank 18
Top alliance rank 2


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Gay marriage.
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:18 am 
Captain
Captain
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:06 pm
Posts: 781
Gender: male
bork9128 wrote:
in america we shouldn't bow the whims of the church but it being against the bible is the only reason i hear from people trying to stop it


bible is at best dubious on the matter.

Jesus-face never had a say on it.

leviticus shouldnt be taken seriously otherwise i want to see people picket seafood outlets for selling shrimp for consumption.

the other verses dont mean squat since its the writers personal opinions and peter was a freaking masochist. i highly doubt corinthians can be taken seriously.

im am in full support of gay marriage but ive been around on this topic long enough to play devil's advocate if trolling with intellect is needed.

_________________
Image

-~~Retired Spammer~~-

~Agnostic atheist pastafarian~

Discussion+debates and World Events.


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Gay marriage.
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:20 pm 
Major
Major
User avatar
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:38 am
Posts: 4744
Location: In your closet , the netherlands
Gender: male
mrducky wrote:
bork9128 wrote:
in america we shouldn't bow the whims of the church but it being against the bible is the only reason i hear from people trying to stop it


bible is at best dubious on the matter.

Jesus-face never had a say on it.

leviticus shouldnt be taken seriously otherwise i want to see people picket seafood outlets for selling shrimp for consumption.

the other verses dont mean squat since its the writers personal opinions and peter was a freaking masochist. i highly doubt corinthians can be taken seriously.

im am in full support of gay marriage but ive been around on this topic long enough to play devil's advocate if trolling with intellect is needed.

Yes , they don't want religion & state to be seperate.
And we all know to what that led. (hint : the dark ages)



http://forums.gametrailers.com/thread/s ... w_29256972
^the last "anti-gay" post on this page , is a perfect example.

_________________
ImageImage
best rank/Best rank of alliance which I led 1#
Most amount of crystals/relics held 355/3
Total amount of crystals/relics obtained 2500~/11


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Gay marriage.
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:51 am 
Captain
Captain
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:06 pm
Posts: 781
Gender: male
alrighty then, let me keep this topic alive, incoming arguments, BRACE!
note: we are doing gay marriage. gay unions are not included here <3

gay marriage shouldnt exist as it would direclty undermine the meaning and foundation of marriage.

screw all that traditional nonsense, if you change it from man and woman, what other more dangerous implications are involved.

if you support gay marriage, if you support the direct undermining of marriage then do you support polygamy? man + mutli women/multi man + woman? do you support animal marriage? human + animal? do you support necrophilia? human + corpse?

where do you draw the line when you come down to defining it?

thats point one.

point two, gay marriage, unlike civil unions, encroach upon the territory held by religion, weak point i know, atheists, buddhists, what have you, all have marriage now a days, but still, this is somewhat hallowed ground, not all religions are supportive or even tolerant of gay marriage, pissing off a majority for the whims of the minority isnt necessarily acceptable.

especially over something as tiny as the word marriage.

_________________
Image

-~~Retired Spammer~~-

~Agnostic atheist pastafarian~

Discussion+debates and World Events.


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Gay marriage.
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:38 am 
Major
Major
User avatar
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:38 am
Posts: 4744
Location: In your closet , the netherlands
Gender: male
Kenny wrote:
Hey mrducky, I love you, let's have a gay marriage anyways ;) ;)

To be clear, I see your point, but the difference in all of this is what benefits do each couples get? You see, if a man and woman marry, they get marital benefits. However, a man and a man cannot marry, or union in some places, and get absolutely no benefits.

Homosexuality is a lot different in comparison to Polygamy, Beastality, and Necrophilia. Homosexuality, actually has been seen in the animal world, as a natural thing. (So has Polygamy but that's different :P) By allowing gay marriages, I fail to see you're undermining marriage. Unlike Homosexuality, Polygamy, Beastality, and I think even necrophilia (Have not researched cases so don't you dare make me) are very against the law. Really Polygamy isn't against the law, it's that usually children are involved. I find Polygamy to be a different case entirely, because it is more than 2 people getting married. :P

For the most part, marriages are for the benefits more than the religion (Which kinda kills Necrophilia there, your partner is kinda dead. As well as Beastality, considering your partner is an animal.)

If people want to debate whether all that is possible in a marriage is their every right. By changing marriages to encompass homosexuality, we embrace the fact everyone gets the right to as well debate their point, however, I don't see how any other type of "partnership" would be morally allowed. As a society, we do have our morals against those type of people, and do you honestly believe that for a second any of that would be allowed?

Hell, homosexuality was DEFINITELY not allowed when my parents were kids. XD

If our views change, our views change, and if they do, there will be a reason behind it that hopefully follows a bit of logic.

And for the sake of all of us, I hope it follows more logic than you do (That would be amazing. :P)

Also , animals and corpses can't consent , now can they? (yes , derp hur we are animals)
Polygamy doesn't usually involve children(referring to those under 14/15 here)(unless its a theocracy). But that's irrelevant.

_________________
ImageImage
best rank/Best rank of alliance which I led 1#
Most amount of crystals/relics held 355/3
Total amount of crystals/relics obtained 2500~/11


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Gay marriage.
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:34 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:29 pm
Posts: 571
Location: Mars,Fantsy worlds
Gender: male
gay marriage should be illegal. 'cause there would be an apocalypse if that happened like soddom and gomorrah ;)

_________________
Image

currently retired until school closes


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Gay marriage.
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:51 pm 
Captain
Captain
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:06 pm
Posts: 781
Gender: male
demonlord wrote:
gay marriage should be illegal. 'cause there would be an apocalypse if that happened like soddom and gomorrah ;)

if you read into it better, it wasnt because of homosexuality that god smited them off the face of the earth. sin had a part, but i thought it was because they turned completely away from god rather then merely guys with guys. LERN 2 BIBLE.
a lot of romans were devout christians, heck the vatican city could not be established without the glory of rome, but IMO, they had the most monstrous of orgies. your logic does not follow well seeing as how they were the most successful empire bought down only by their sheer awesome and themselves.

if that smiley face means you are kidding, please dont, there are people out there who sincerely follow that train of thought and its hard to distinguish over the interwebs.

as for kenny, you claim a lot of things are illegal
polygamy, necrophilia, pedophilia, etc.
and yet, gay marriage too is illegal. just because you believe it is acceptable doesnt mean the overuling public does. i could bring up a news story of a man marrying a goat in india.

next you are really into this whole consent thing. consent? how many vegas marriages happen when drunk? how many marriages happen after the proposal of a glass of champagne in front of a romantic sunset. etc. etc. in short, there is a significant number of marriages out there where consent isnt exactly there. (P.S. you do know that you cant give proper consent while drunk, hence there are plenty of rape charges/sexual assault charges simply because both parties were drunk and one of them regretted it later)
now onto reasonable consent. children have their parents/legal guardians give consent for them. again, this happens in certain countries where marriage between older men and 13 years old girls is not uncommon.
animals have been sent to labs for animal testing, do they really need to give consent as to whether or not humans can butcher them and omnomnomnom?
dead things dont need to give consent, they arent people.
polygamy can be between adults.

so i ask you, why such prejudice against polygamy?
why such prejudice against animals?
you seem so cheery for gay marriage, why do you want to deny love felt between a sicko and a corpse?

ducky out.

_________________
Image

-~~Retired Spammer~~-

~Agnostic atheist pastafarian~

Discussion+debates and World Events.


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Gay marriage.
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:28 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:29 pm
Posts: 571
Location: Mars,Fantsy worlds
Gender: male
Mr ducky. regarding ur last posts i was serious when i wrote it. i really do think gay marriage should be illegal andi have read most of the bible :) and it was a wink not a smiley face i put in the last post of mine

_________________
Image

currently retired until school closes


Top
 

Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours



You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
cron

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group  
Copyright Tacticsoft Ltd. 2008   
Updated By phpBBservice.nl