It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:03 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Death Sentences.
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:44 am 
Captain
Captain

rederoin wrote:
@TheMasterOfGames
MmCm6 wrote:
rederion wrote:
How do the innocent deserve dead??
Why can't anybody answer that?

If it's a democracy, there would be a lengthy trial and tons of appeals, and if the convict is found innocent on one of them, he's aquitted.

Innocent people are convicted..

Really, before you even try debating it, know your facts.
People have gone to jail, for years, while being innocent.

sorry but that logic doesnt follow, are you against jails? i mean innocent people get jailed! how about punishment, are you against punishment? I MEAN! INNOCENT PEOPLE GET PUNISHED OH NUUU LIFE IS UNFAIR. LETS MAKE IT HORRIBLE INSTEAD.

sorry, but that is just a poor argument.

-~~Retired Spammer~~-

~Agnostic atheist pastafarian~

Discussion+debates and World Events.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:40 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

look people who have killed another person should not be killed

reasons:

1- Your basicly doing the same thing the killer did but LEGALY and in the name of JUSTICE ?

2- your right jail is not enough for somone who killed someone (i mean in england prisoners actually are allowed ps2s and playgames and stuff even though their muderers now that is wrong) but also killing that person is going too far to be honest you d be better sticking that murderer in jail for the rest of his life then actually killing him or if we want to be harsh about it we could just chuck all of the murderers in a metal cage and give them food and water if you really want them to see justice you should let them recover from their lapse in to maddness and then be a rolemodel to people from reliseing the wrongs they did.

3- If your on the pro side of this agruement think on this. A death sentance hasn't stoped loads of people killing others so why will it ever. Differnt actions need to be took in these things killing is not one of them.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:43 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

the problem is prisons getting to mushy
with their classes, gym time, cafitira
should stay the good old 12x12 room bed + toilet you go in and you dont leave cause we threw away the key
give them a nice long life to suffer with
instead of killing them off withing a few years
(economical way, costs less to feed someoen for life then it does to argue over capital punishment)
(and is it just me or does death after a few years of argueing seem not as bad as a long life in prison?[if the prisons are fixed so their not the mushy things they are today)
also if the person is innocent... a new key can be made?

Quote:
(i mean in england prisoners actually are allowed ps2s and playgames and stuff even though their muderers now that is wrong)

thats just..
AAHHUUGGGGHHH bad english prison system :evil:

btw im feeling a bit like a sadist as i type this incomprehensable post
just saying

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:46 am 
Captain
Captain

Quote:
btw im feeling a bit like a sadist as i type this incomprehensable post
just saying

yeah, you do sound like one, there is something called human rights, and although this is a superficial term i hold that although they might be lost, they should be inalienable and shouldnt be taken whenever possible. there are exceptions in a world where morality is shades of grey...

you cant just torture someone because they killed someone, that would make you far worse the monster.

and prison is for rehabilitation btw. look to gitmo for psychologically ruining people. limiting prisoners completely is counter intuitive in the process of reintroducing reformed people. second chances should be given in life, whether or not they are deserved is up for discussion but a second chance nonetheless.

-~~Retired Spammer~~-

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:13 am 
Major
Major
 WWW  Profile

mrducky wrote:

sorry but that logic doesnt follow, are you against jails? i mean innocent people get jailed! how about punishment, are you against punishment? I MEAN! INNOCENT PEOPLE GET PUNISHED OH NUUU LIFE IS UNFAIR. LETS MAKE IT HORRIBLE INSTEAD.

sorry, but that is just a poor argument.

I know that you like switching sides and all.

But if somebody is convicted of a crime, he did not do. And they find out about it, they can set him free. And they usually get a compensation(of money).

But if you kill somebody... he'll stay dead...
Of all people, you are the one who thinks of such a flawed counter-argument?
Are you just arguing for the sake of arguing?

Total amount of crystals/relics obtained 2500~/11

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:25 am 
Captain
Captain

if someone gets convicted beyond reasonable doubt, then more likely then not they are guilty. yes, there are the occasional injustices, but what about the people that spend a lifetime innocent yet jailed?

stuff that, what about the 2 year old kid that gets killed and eaten?

what about the baby that gets born with harlequin ichthyosis (SERIOUSLY DONT GOOGLE IT, IF YOU TRUST ANYTHING I SAY, DONT GOOGLE IT) and dies a horrible death?

there is always a degree of injustice in the world and to completely remove justice or undermine justice because of that seems silly.

-~~Retired Spammer~~-

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:31 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

A society that finds murder unnaceeptible should not commit murder itself.

Just because our social norms hold murder as a bad thing does not make it so, morals are relative to a culture and just because we beleive something does not make it 'right' or 'moral'.

If you agree with the death penalty for crimes that you deem seriously immoral, then you must be accepting of other natons that also practice capital punishment. You cannot however expect all nations in the world to have the same set of moral values.

Thus, if you're ok with the capital punishment for things that you see as immoral, you must also accept capital punishment for things that other cultures see as immoral (like women who demand more rights) - You cannot claim that your morals are the right ones because morals are relative.

The 'prisoners cost money to keep' argument is irrelevant. Prisoners could easily be made to work in order to earn their keep.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:38 am 
Major
Major
 WWW  Profile

mrducky wrote:
if someone gets convicted beyond reasonable doubt, then more likely then not they are guilty. yes, there are the occasional injustices, but what about the people that spend a lifetime innocent yet jailed?

what about the baby that gets born with harlequin ichthyosis (SERIOUSLY DONT GOOGLE IT, IF YOU TRUST ANYTHING I SAY, DONT GOOGLE IT) and dies a horrible death?

there is always a degree of injustice in the world and to completely remove justice or undermine justice because of that seems silly.

harlequin ichthyosis?

The innocents who are jailed, can be re-paid.
They can be let free, if they find out about.
The will most likely get a (Want to be allies? Sometimes I like to pretend I am a princess riding a pony..) of money.

Call me when they can give money to dead people or revive them.

Total amount of crystals/relics obtained 2500~/11

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:24 am 
Captain
Captain

rederoin wrote:
mrducky wrote:

harlequin ichthyosis?

The innocents who are jailed, can be re-paid.
They can be let free, if they find out about.
The will most likely get a *CENSORED* of money.

Call me when they can give money to dead people or revive them.

you cant be repaid on life taken from you unjustly. life in jail = you cant be paid cause you are also dead.

besides what you quoted was the wrong thing, my post to you was based on the fact you stated "innocents get punished, the horror"

-~~Retired Spammer~~-

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:33 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

Im going to say that i agree on deathsentences, but some deathsentences should not be happening. One of these that i can think off the top of my head is the electric chair or whatever. This is what we call long term pain, or deep agony. I think that if someone is sentenced to death, it should be pain free and just straight up done with. Also hanging someone would fall into the slow death.

LOL!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next