It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: Debate: Am I the game's greatest player ever.
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:37 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

I start this thread as I already know the answer -- yes -- and to assure everyone knows I exist on BD for one reason. To beat Tabula and GML whenever he gets it together.

In the mean time, we should fully understand why I am better than anyone who plays this game. In four full eras I've finished overall with the following ranks:

In all four full eras I've had the most power most of the round and ended three of four with the most power. In three of the four eras I've killed more enemies than anyone else in the era. In the fourth I finished second in overall kills.

In the famous MupT round, I finished with an overall win/loss record of something like 400 and 1, though stats were still a little shaky then. I've taken relics in three of four rounds, only not holding one my last round, but being part of the clearing attack on three of four.

Toward the end of the last round I played, I was able to take part in the killing of approximately 9000 enemy troops at a total loss of around 20 power.

I'll entertain there may be others out there in my class, but, as you reply, you are required to list your credentials for consideration. Venstro, this will likely be difficult for you as you will struggle to respond to the questions and information at hand.

But, I believe deep in your soul you can actually avoid strictly personal considerations and actually address the information presented. Do try.

Last edited by Oluvai on Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Debate: Am I the game's greatest player ever.
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:38 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

ZOMG!

COOLSTORY BRO

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:07 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

You must have posted in the wrong thread. Here, let me help you:
viewtopic.php?f=116&t=9163

If you need any help, please contact a board moderator or administrator.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:59 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant
 YIM  Profile

Dear Oluvai,

It has come to my attention you seem to find me awry. I may or may not support your notion. Tell me something, did you like my diagnosis I made of you? I liked it.

Well, greatest player ever? That's merely an opinion marked my several personal factors. The greatest player can be marked in various aspects.

For instance, in terms of accomplishments towards to the community, here are two examples:

Melfice: Longest volunteer moderator and always put towards the initial effort to keep the community going. Pretty good player too.

Kane: Though whine-y or a bit arrogant at times, he is one of the longest players consistently gaining high ranks since playing. Quite a powerhouse. St
Same can be said for many other players like Niracas and infinity more powerhouses. He also helps new players and writes guides.

Your factor for proclaiming superiority is minimal the grand endeavors of many. Personally, Oluvai, I guess my greatest factor for the "best" player is those who have given the most influence towards the game. You have not achieved such high honor. In fact, your factor for being best can be outmatched my various players, for there are many who've played longer, better, and stronger.

"Deep" in my shallow soul, I'd have to say that in the grand scheme of things, you've displayed minimal accomplishments with the background information you gave. The fact that if you leave this game and no one would remember you besides your friends is a general consensus for this. Is that too personal? I hope not,=.

A man sat in distraught,
For the life was lost that he sought,
Staring into the open air,
He realized he had no flare.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:10 pm 
Major
Major
 WWW  Profile

No you are not.

I never even heard of you.

Untill you beat the following players "Unky, Melfice, Kane, Myself, Zal, Morgan , Simmen and his evil council of newbs and many more(old NANC/BYZ/HKF/DoF/FF members)" I would not consider you the best player ever.

I also did bother reading your post, I tend to avoid ego-driven posts.

Total amount of crystals/relics obtained 2500~/11

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:16 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major
 YIM  Profile

I'm not here to break up a good debate... merely some simple fact checking, as I already made Oluvai edit his post once to reflect an inaccuracy I feel I owe you the same attention.

Quote:
Melfice:

Haha! Wait, you're serious? Okay let's see.

Quote:
Longest volunteer moderator and always put towards the initial effort to keep the community going.

Hmm, has nothing to do with being a player.

Quote:
Pretty good player too.

Uh, name one round he's won. It's possible there's some mars 3 era or something I never heard of, but I can't think of one.

As for Oluvai being the best player ever, I'm going to sit this debate out and let people form their own conclusions. I simply feel the need to step in whenever someone compares me to a 'player' like Melfice, because that rubs me very much the wrong way.

Whether you think I'm whiny or not is up to you, but I can hardly think of any times I argue without a purpose pertaining to the topic, while you chime in for other reasons altogether on many occasions.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:28 pm 
Major
Major
 WWW  Profile

Since I accteally bothered to read the OP.

I could name many, many names. but 1 will be enough.

Unky(Unknown).

*He holds severall records
*As far as I know, he reached the rank of 1# in all his rounds
*He's active 24/7

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:31 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant
 YIM  Profile

Hey, I mentioned you didn't I, Kane? Don't break up and disprove every aspect of my post. I'm pretty sure I modeled both of you as somewhat ideal players which every rookie should strive for. Your perspective of greatness seems to rank in raw power. Oluvai, however, mentioned no certain criteria for obtaining greatness. Shouldn't this be based on perspective?

Another thing, try not to be so "butt sore" about comparisons to other players. You aren't a high and mighty overlord of a small flash game unless you regard yourself as such. Even then, the very grasp of your "win" is just dust in the wind.

So, to make it clear. I've modeled you Kane, in a different criteria than Melfice. In fact, some what polar opposites. They were to show contrasting criteria I believe in. Debating opinion is like debating if a rotting fish is dead.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:34 pm 
Captain
Captain
 YIM  Profile

1. I have NEVER heard the name Oluvai being discussed in my 2 years of BD in Mars 1, 2 and 4.

2. If you wanna go beat GML go ahead! take me on! why haven't you beat Tabula if you REALLY were the best player ever?

rederoin wrote:
No you are not.

Untill you beat the following players "Unky, Melfice, Kane, Myself, Zal, Morgan , Simmen and his evil council of newbs and many more(old NANC/BYZ/HKF/DoF/FF members)" I would not consider you the best player ever.

so basically, kill the moderators/elites first then I will respect you.

My verdict: NO! YOU ARE NOT (YET) THE BEST PLAYER ON BD!!!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:36 pm 
Major
Major
 WWW  Profile

pbleebait wrote:
1. I have NEVER heard the name Oluvai being discussed in my 2 years of BD in Mars 1, 2 and 4.

2. If you wanna go beat GML go ahead! take me on! why haven't you beat Tabula if you REALLY were the best player ever?

rederoin wrote:
No you are not.

so basically, kill the moderators/elites first then I will respect you.

My verdict: NO! YOU ARE NOT (YET) THE BEST PLAYER ON BD!!!

Most of those aint mods :<

Only Zal, kenny & simmen(and his evil council of newbs)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next