It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:46 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Mosque near ground zero (twin towers)
PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:17 am 
Private
Private

Twilar wrote:
I if people are worryed about people in their being worryed about them being trained as terrorist ect ect.

ftw comment !

but just so that you know , a mosque is a place where religious muslims practise thier Rituals like a church, it isn`t a missile factory lol

when i look up at the Sky

the stars are sparkling

each giving off its own light

Just like people on this planet ^^

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:34 am 
Captain
Captain

bork9128 wrote:
they weren't religious leaders but they were Muslims which is why there is opposition to this

they were humans... humans did 9 11.

i hate it when humans establish buildings... gets me all riled up. dirty stinking humans.

see how (Want to be allies? Sometimes I like to pretend I am a princess riding a pony..) generalisation is?

tomoa wrote:
but just so that you know , a mosque is a place where religious muslims practise thier Rituals like a church, it isn`t a missile factory lol

FYI
its classed as an "islamic cultural centre" its got like a gym i think somewhere in it.

perhaps its tasteless, but there is no real reason why it cant go forward. they have the permit, they have the money, you live in a free country and you are proud to exclaim so, dont be hypocritical based on some kind of prejudice. btw, internet is capped but im trying to keep track of that koran burning guy. aka. the moron.

-~~Retired Spammer~~-

~Agnostic atheist pastafarian~

Discussion+debates and World Events.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:00 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

i'm neutral in this or i'd like to believe but one thing that bothers me is why won't they build the mosque somewhere else if it bothers people so much. i'm sure there are places they can build the mosque on :?

currently retired until school closes

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:59 pm 
Captain
Captain

Let them build it, and when the imam inevitiably winds up doing something stupid and everything goes to hell over it, we can look back and say "LOL JACK CALLED IT!" and I can be right, again, and as always.

inb4 "Jack shut up this is srsbiznizz."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:14 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major
 WWW  Profile

Heres what i say: If they got the money do it. However the reason behind it is not justified nor really wanted.... Theres hundreds of mosques in New York, why would you go through the money and hate to build one near ground zero, where religious extremists in your religion blew it up!?

The persistance behind it is a little suspicious, take a step back and look at the whole thing. 9/11/01 the twin towers fall. 9 years later, the imam comes along and say HEY! You know people in our religion just completely (Want to be allies? Sometimes I like to pretend I am a princess riding a pony..) your country, but we wanna build this huge ass Islamic community center less then a mile away from ground zero! Why now and why there? Thats the question of importance.

It gathers suspicion and from what Kenny said definatley builds upon it.

Certaintly he has every right to do it, if he can foster up enough money.

Well in my history class yesterday we touched on this, discussing whether this is a good idea. Majority said no, why? Because whats the reason behind it? Its not a memorial site, and I dont know the muslim population in New York, but Americans can get sensetive and extreme when it comes to 9/11 so i woulnd't show my face around there and get spotted, not for Allah. Go to the other 100 Mosques.

I dont have a definate position, although i more along the lines sway over to no. He has every right to do it (Its America) but there arnt any substantial reasons, and if its an apology, well hes 9 years too late.

The fight awaits us, brethren, embrace it boldly, and without hesitation.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:56 am 
Captain
Captain

2 blocks away from it is not hallowed ground, the actual memorial site is sacred and untouchable... but within a 2 block radius there is a "gentlemen's club". aka. a strip club.

this isnt just a mosque, i believe its an islamic cultural centre so its more then just a mosque it has gym facilities etc.

i dont think its just persistance, im pretty sure its because he has already leased out the land.

btw, the fear that islam builds a mosque on a place it conquers fails in one spectacular aspect. i am yet to see an islamic nation claim NYC as its land.

blowing up 2 buildings =/= conquer.

-~~Retired Spammer~~-

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:56 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major
 WWW  Profile

mrducky wrote:
i dont think its just persistance, im pretty sure its because he has already leased out the land.

No i think he still has to purchase the land, and thats a huge price, and its just for the land. The price of construction must be a huge number as well.

And again i dont see the point of spending that much money for a religious center/community center to be build. Or atleast there, it would porbably be 10x cheaper if it was build a mile away! or maybe 10 miles! (at around 50 MPH you can travel 10 miles in 12 mins, so its not far)

mrducky wrote:
btw, the fear that islam builds a mosque on a place it conquers fails in one spectacular aspect. i am yet to see an islamic nation claim NYC as its land.

Its not so much a fear, but i believe Kenny was just throwing in a possible reason behind the construction itself.

The fight awaits us, brethren, embrace it boldly, and without hesitation.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:59 am 
Captain
Captain

targoon wrote:
mrducky wrote:

No i think he still has to purchase the land, and thats a huge price, and its just for the land. The price of construction must be a huge number as well.

And again i dont see the point of spending that much money for a religious center/community center to be build. Or atleast there, it would porbably be 10x cheaper if it was build a mile away! or maybe 10 miles! (at around 50 MPH you can travel 10 miles in 12 mins, so its not far)

well clearly the contractors see that there is a point, if there was no point then the substantial drain in money would make the idea moot. 10 miles in the suburbs is different from 10 miles in the bumper to bumper streets of NYC. there must be some kind of market/number of followers that this building can reach.

mrducky wrote:

Its not so much a fear, but i believe Kenny was just throwing in a possible reason behind the construction itself.

but its not a possible reason, its a lie bred upon fear. im amazed so many people keep parroting this, faux news has been working hard.

-~~Retired Spammer~~-

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2