It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours





Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Hell Froze Over?
PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 4:03 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:27 am
Posts: 1367
Location: Spam section + IQ Sig shop
Gender: male
It brings change. We don't usually see woman gamers now do we? Thats a rarity so treat her with more respect.

_________________
Image
I make Sigs, check out my sig shop.
Current Alliances: ExOr (E4) Current Rank: 60


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Hell Froze Over?
PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 4:07 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:10 am
Posts: 612
Location: DGAFing
Gender: male
Simmens the only girl mod that I like. :)

Quote:
but vaulenteers who try to help the community and the forums.

She hasn't used forum in 2 years.

_________________
Image
Retired


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Hell Froze Over?
PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 4:32 pm 
Major
Major
User avatar
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:38 am
Posts: 4767
Location: In your closet , the netherlands
Gender: male
IQ wrote:
It brings change. We don't usually see woman gamers now do we? Thats a rarity so treat her with more respect.

What whas the correct description of the above sentence again?

"clueless" or "ignorance"...

I forgot ..:(

_________________
ImageImage
best rank/Best rank of alliance which I led 1#
Most amount of crystals/relics held 355/3
Total amount of crystals/relics obtained 2500~/11


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Hell Froze Over?
PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 10:18 pm 
Specialist
Specialist
 Profile

Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:04 pm
Posts: 36
Women proliferate the interweb these days.

1. They don't reveal themselves for fear of sexual harassment or being treated differently than other members. (It happens, women in alliances are treated like being from Victorian Era women by male players. {Pathetic})

2. They're overtly feminine and love people to know that their women for said special treatment. This is a small demographic of immature women who are still loved by the nerdy male members of the BD community because they fit in well with what they consider real women to be. "See Anime"
________________________________________________________________

Obviously if she hasn't been on the forum for years she should have NEVER been made a forum mod. The fact that she was shows a lack of professionalism from the senior's.

Another example of a lack of professionalism can come from F5. Edwin's still complaining about it in various threads. The alliance name RAP3 was approved by an Admin. Why was that alliance name ever approved when it blatantly goes against the censorship rules. (And generally forcible intercourse isn't an approved of theme in a game that's supposed to be PG13.)

I could understand the admins being our buddies in the old days. Admins occasionally handing out super troops was annoying for the people who had to kill them but battledawn at that time was more of a game and a community.

Now BD is raking in the cash and the demographic of the game is more donation centered. Shouldn't the way the game is run become more professional?

After the BYZ win a few rounds ago on E4 quite of few members of NAF were angry. The threats changed too. It went from complaining to protesting. Since NAF members were spending copious amounts of money donating they expected and equal amount of service. Not cavalier dismissals. People were saying until a resolution was met we should start a boycott of donations.

Then again this type of conversation is taboo. So I'll bow to the benevolent, omnipotent overlords and pray red smoke doesn't rise from my colony tomorrow. Night guys.

_________________
Below is a petition for Uwe Boll to stop ruining our games with horrible movies. Please sign so the madness will end.

358,102 signatures.

http://www.petitiononline.com/RRH53888/petition.html


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Hell Froze Over?
PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 11:39 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin
User avatar
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Sun May 31, 2009 10:47 pm
Posts: 2419
Location: U.S.A.
Gender: male
anarchy69 wrote:
Maybe I'm mistaken but is this really true or is my vision going bad.. We've got a Jr. Mod that recently as in 'today' started using forum and got promoted just by asking.. Now to top that off a woman with authority, yikes.

Quote:
5/23/2010 9:45:22 PM ---- Mars 3 new chat I stay out of forums
5/23/2010 9:45:27 PM ---- Mars 3 new chat i get in trouble
5/23/2010 9:48:37 PM ---- Mars 3 new chat I just play
5/23/2010 9:48:39 PM ---- Mars 3 new chat lol
5/23/2010 9:48:48 PM ---- Mars 3 new chat try to not hit the forums
5/23/2010 9:49:18 PM ---- Mars 3 new chat i have no idea who are the MODS
5/23/2010 9:51:39 PM ---- Mars 3 new chat i wanted to be a MOD
5/23/2010 9:51:46 PM ---- Mars 3 new chat don't know how
5/23/2010 9:51:47 PM ---- Mars 3 new chat LOL
5/23/2010 9:52:00 PM ==== Mars 3 new chat do you want to be a mod, seriously?
5/23/2010 9:52:00 PM ++++ Mars 3 new chat i like seth...then again i only played one of his servers ever...lol
5/23/2010 9:52:01 PM ---- Mars 3 new chat Seth is never around
5/23/2010 9:52:06 PM ---- Mars 3 new chat Yeah I do


I changed the names to symbols so it's protecting certain players privacy but as you can see from the new staff.. We've got a new Jr. Moderator who is afraid of the forums refuses to use it but she wants mod so she gets it? Ah, the irony..

Let the
Loving begin ladies and gentleman.


anarchy69 wrote:
Not flaming a certain person, just seeing why someone completely unworthy got the title.


This is where you are wrong. You are expressing your opinion here, and that is all it is. An opinion. You deeming somone "unworthy" is far from any kind of fact, and beyond any tangible reason other than your own personal dislike for this person. Thankfully who is and is not worthy is not up to you.

I will be checking your account after making this post, and if you have warnings for such flaming and intolerant behavior, you may just find yourself banned. If you are not a repeat offender, you will likely be warned for making topics for flaming staff.


twinks wrote:
Why is everyone coming on saying she's a "strong woman". Why do her reproductive organs have to take a part in this discussion.

As for the blatant refusal of the various mods to answer the question clearly, I'll say this. I played battledawn for coming up on 3 years. It's about time you guys decide. Is tactisoft a community or a business. Are we friends or professionals. You guys seem to have trouble finding the middle ground so choose an extreme.


I am not sure who you are referring to, and what question you are referring to, but no one owed you anything in the way of an answer to a question so rooted in biased opinion. I am no longer the community manager, but From what little I know of her (Sanjacatt), she seems alright, has been around since before I was on the team, and is more than active enough to fill the role.

As for the second part of your statement, Tacticsoft is a business that has a game called BattleDawn that has a community that has developed over time. Only ruthless dictators and the completely shallow deal in black and whites. If not for Tacticsoft maintaining this all as a business, none of it would exist at all. Therefore, choosing an extreme is a very fanatical and shallow statement. You cannot have the community without first having the business.


IQ wrote:
It brings change. We don't usually see woman gamers now do we? Thats a rarity so treat her with more respect.


Thank you. Your defense is appreciated but players should do their best to respect members that have been appointed as staff regardless of gender.

anarchy69 wrote:
Simmens the only girl mod that I like. :)

Quote:
but vaulenteers who try to help the community and the forums.

She hasn't used forum in 2 years.


She has experience, and is very active. This is more than enough grounds to give her the go ahead. Jr. Moderator is an entry level post with very limited permissions. If someone is willing to give a try to the task, this is where we put them to see how they do. People who do a poor job are removed from the team, those who do well move up into higher ranking positions.

Again though, this is not up to you, and is not your place to come in here flaming a member of staff and spouting off self-centered opinion as if it were some kind of fact! The fact that you don't like this moderator on a personal basis does not make them unworthy, and in no way gives you the right to post such a ridiculous thread! For your sake, I hope you do not have any prior offenses...


twinks wrote:
Women proliferate the interweb these days.

1. They don't reveal themselves for fear of sexual harassment or being treated differently than other members. (It happens, women in alliances are treated like being from Victorian Era women by male players. {Pathetic})

2. They're overtly feminine and love people to know that their women for said special treatment. This is a small demographic of immature women who are still loved by the nerdy male members of the BD community because they fit in well with what they consider real women to be. "See Anime"
________________________________________________________________

Obviously if she hasn't been on the forum for years she should have NEVER been made a forum mod. The fact that she was shows a lack of professionalism from the senior's.

Another example of a lack of professionalism can come from F5. Edwin's still complaining about it in various threads. The alliance name RAP3 was approved by an Admin. Why was that alliance name ever approved when it blatantly goes against the censorship rules. (And generally forcible intercourse isn't an approved of theme in a game that's supposed to be PG13.)

I could understand the admins being our buddies in the old days. Admins occasionally handing out super troops was annoying for the people who had to kill them but battledawn at that time was more of a game and a community.

Now BD is raking in the cash and the demographic of the game is more donation centered. Shouldn't the way the game is run become more professional?

After the BYZ win a few rounds ago on E4 quite of few members of NAF were angry. The threats changed too. It went from complaining to protesting. Since NAF members were spending copious amounts of money donating they expected and equal amount of service. Not cavalier dismissals. People were saying until a resolution was met we should start a boycott of donations.

Then again this type of conversation is taboo. So I'll bow to the benevolent, omnipotent overlords and pray red smoke doesn't rise from my colony tomorrow. Night guys.



Dude, you are on the rediculous train along with Anarchy, and Ill be checking your account too.

First off, gender is irrelevant. There is no basis for gender as a grounds for hire, and when I was made aware of her progression onto the team there was absolutely no mention, nor any thought in my head about gender being relevant in any way to her abilities in the role. Your spouting off about it does the exact opposite of sounding smart...

I stated previously that experience and activity are more than enough to warrant a try as a Junior moderator. Junior Mods is an evaluation post. This is where we discover how the member does with a position of any kind of authority, and then we evaluate whether or not to move forward with said member. It is incredibly shallow and devoid of common sense to state that ANY junior moderator lacks professionality compared to Senior moderators. That is precisely the point of having the Junior Moderator position. To evaluate the professionalism and determine what to do with the team member. Expecting them to live up to the likes of someone who has likely been on the team for more than a year with a ton of experience...well. Again, I say sit in the corner and think about it.

As far as Edwin's case, that has nothing to do with this thread. You are going off topic for what? To demonstrate that there was a mis-communication once upon a time? Get over it, and stay on topic.

Raking in the cash?! Are you serious?! We are FAR FAR from "raking in cash". We have been just above breaking even all year. Regardless, I am pretty sure that you have ZERO access to our financial records, so again, you are making uninformed assumptions and somehow trying to pass them off as fact in order to serve your own little agenda...whatever that may be. This will earn you a warning at the very least.

BYZ?? E4?? Boycotting donations?! Dude, what does that have to do with this thread. NOTHING! You have no grounds to come in here trying to stir some kind of poo up. Your colors are showing, and they make me want to swing the banhammer.

Darn right it is Taboo to come into the forum and start attacking staff without any ground. If you arent happy here, then go play that other game that doesnt have any admins and doesnt give a flying fart about the players, because we DO care, and if you keep it up, you WILL be banned! This kind of pointless dissonance is not appreciated here, and only shows that you don't really care about the topic at hand or anything about the community.

Another warning for going off topic.

Unless someone has anything of relevance to add, and some kind of factual basis for claiming that Sanjacatt should not be allowed to have a trial as Jr Moderator, then don't post here and let this thread, and the (thus far) pointless rantings of biased haters die into the archives. If you have no tangible reason or evidence for such a claim, and continue the trend of pointless off topic ranting...well...

Dont say you were not warned!

_________________
Battle Dawn Staff
Community Management Specialist
Technical Support
World Administrator
Music Composer

Welcome to the best free multiplayer war strategy game on the web!


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Hell Froze Over?
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 12:14 am 
Captain
Captain
User avatar
 YIM  Profile

Joined: Sun May 31, 2009 9:29 pm
Posts: 1038
Location: Your Nightmares
Nothing to say but, THANKS Seth for clarifying the actual status of women ans the irrelevance of sexual differences. I'll only put it this way: women and men fight head to head, and as hard as each other and there should exist the respect for each and everyone of the community members aside of the sexual differences.

And AC/DC so "Girls got the rythm" :P

-Shion

_________________
--------------Retired January 2012--------------------
Image
Personal Rankings [Old Client]
E6A2 #2 M2A1 #9 E3A1 #16 E6A4 #24 E5A3 #24


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Hell Froze Over?
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 8:10 am 
Captain
Captain
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 31, 2009 9:23 pm
Posts: 927
Location: Ontario, Canada
Gender: male
The Jr. Moderators is open to virtually anyone and there's little in the way of requirements to join them. The group is set up as a very limited moderators group as a "probationary" period of sorts and if they do well and fit the position then they are promoted to a standard moderator.

Below are the guidelines for joining the group:

Quote:
BD Junior Moderators
Entry level forum staff position.

There are some things to consider before submitting a request to join staff.

1.) You MUST have a minimum of 50 posts in the forum. Anything less will not be considered, and will be promptly denied.

2.) If you have warnings attached to your account, you will likely not be considered.

3.) NOT everyone who applies will be accepted. The people we are looking for are the ones who are already helpful in the community. Those who are helpful to existing staff in the forum will, in most cases, be considered before the one who is not. So get out there and help someone! :)

4.) Are you active? We need people that are going to be online alot! So please consider whether you are active enough to fulfill moderator duties.

Best of luck in applying! Thank you for your interest in team BattleDawn!


These are not things set in stone but some general guidelines for minimum requirements to join the group. The mods do other tasks behind the scenes other than just posting on the forums and editing out language, etc. Being active on the forums is preferred but not absolutely necessary if someone can vouche for you.

-Andrew

_________________
Ex-Image


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Hell Froze Over?
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 11:40 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:10 am
Posts: 612
Location: DGAFing
Gender: male
Quote:
1.) You MUST have a minimum of 50 posts in the forum. Anything less will not be considered, and will be promptly denied.


Quote:
3.) NOT everyone who applies will be accepted. The people we are looking for are the ones who are already helpful in the community. Those who are helpful to existing staff in the forum will, in most cases, be considered before the one who is not. So get out there and help someone!


As I see it, you can join with 0 posts and no knowledge of the current staff team. I'll stop typing though it's pointless to continue I already spoke to Seth about it in private.

_________________
Image
Retired


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Hell Froze Over?
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 1:50 pm 
Captain
Captain
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:52 am
Posts: 679
I believe the purpose of this "Topic" has been resolved through responces made by the Admins, both Andrew and Seth and shouldn't be discussed further since it is also a "Topic" about a new recruited Moderator.

If you have futher inqueries please"Private Message" either
Admin Andrew or Admin Seth.

Cheers ~ Son

- Topic Locked -

_________________
Previous IGNs: Shadower of the Night Sky / Son of Arcious / Decent Guy Current IGN: Thanatos

Battle Dawn Video

Image


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Hell Froze Over?
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 4:26 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant
 Profile

Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:06 am
Posts: 155
Gender: female
twinks wrote:
Why is everyone coming on saying she's a "strong woman". Why do her reproductive organs have to take a part in this discussion.

As for the blatant refusal of the various mods to answer the question clearly, I'll say this. I played battledawn for coming up on 3 years. It's about time you guys decide. Is tactisoft a community or a business. Are we friends or professionals. You guys seem to have trouble finding the middle ground so choose an extreme.

I am offended by your statement, I have played going on 4 years (6/1/10) and I think being a woman has nothing to do with playing on BD or being a Jr. MOD. Don't be harsh and critize someone you don't even know and don't judge people by their sex. That is just not right.
Peace~ Lady Cathryn

_________________
Image
Thanks Simmen!


Top
 

Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours



You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
cron
WarLingo Android Mobile Game

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group  
Copyright Tacticsoft Ltd. 2008   
Updated By phpBBservice.nl