It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:36 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next
 Post subject: Legalizing weed.
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 5:15 pm 
Major
Major
 WWW  Profile

The debate :

Should weed be legal? (its "officially" illegal everywhere in the western world atm)
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 247394113#
(Penn & Teller : BS , war on drugs)

"status"
7 for :
Rederoin
Ducky(devil's advocate)
Simmen
Bork
3 anonymous.

3 against :
IQ
Bammurdo
1 anonymous

Total amount of crystals/relics obtained 2500~/11

Last edited by rederoin on Thu May 13, 2010 3:32 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Legalizing weed.
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 8:33 pm 
Captain
Captain

even the netherlands? i heard they were cracking down on unlicensed weed pubs. but im pretty sure its still legal there.

-~~Retired Spammer~~-

~Agnostic atheist pastafarian~

Discussion+debates and World Events.

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 11:38 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Technically weed is legal in 11 states already.

1. California
2. Oregon
3. Nevada
4. Colorado
5. Nebraska
6. Minnesota
7. Mississippi
8. Ohio
9. North Carolina
10. New York
11. Maine

They're passed legally through the individual states but nationally the plant is still illegal so you know how that goes. National > State always.

Edit -
Weed is illegal in Netherlands.

I've got an old high school report I did on marijuana back when I used to be a stoner it interested me at the time. It's actually still illegal world wide except for a very select few countries such as Canada, only one province (i think is what they call it) is legal but the rest are illegal but enforcement just doesn't care. Africa surprisingly is mostly illegal except for the south enforcement doesn't bother.

Edit #2 -

This thread makes me want to change my avatar :)

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 4:57 am 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

want me to add a poll?

oh, and this is ironic, i asked this 1 year ago, but it got shut down because you spammed it red..

Thank you Michael
http://www.battledawn.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=111&t=15076
Thank you developers
(^-check out the topics)

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 5:04 am 
Major
Major
 WWW  Profile

mrducky wrote:
even the netherlands? i heard they were cracking down on unlicensed weed pubs. but im pretty sure its still legal there.

Its not punished any-more.
The law says its still illegal tho, its because of some EU law.

simmen wrote:
want me to add a poll?

oh, and this is ironic, i asked this 1 year ago, but it got shut down because you spammed it red..

Sure :)

Total amount of crystals/relics obtained 2500~/11

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 5:26 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

rederoin wrote:
The debate :

Should weed be legal? (its "officially" illegal everywhere in the western world atm)

Weed is a very bad :evil:

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 5:43 am 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

IQ wrote:
rederoin wrote:
The debate :

Weed is a very bad :evil:

got any facts to prove it? ;)

Thank you Michael
Thank you developers
(^-check out the topics)

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 7:11 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Weed is Marijuana.

Marijuana is, by far, the world’s most commonly used illicit drug—and far more dangerous than most users realize. So, there is just cause for alarm when adolescent marijuana use increases, as it did in the mid-1990’s, and the age at which youngsters first experiment with pot starts to drops.

The Impact on the Mind

Marijuana use reduces learning ability. Research has been piling up of late demonstrating clearly that marijuana limits the capacity to absorb and retain information. A 1995 study of college students discovered that the inability of heavy marijuana users to focus, sustain attention, and organize data persists for as long as 24 hours after their last use of the drug. Earlier research, comparing cognitive abilities of adult marijuana users with non-using adults, found that users fall short on memory as well as math and verbal skills. Although it has yet to be proven conclusively that heavy marijuana use can cause irreversible loss of intellectual capacity, animal studies have shown marijuana-induced structural damage to portions of the brain essential to memory and learning.

The Impact on the Body

Chronic marijuana smokers are prey to chest colds, bronchitis, emphysema, and bronchial asthma. Persistent use will damage lungs and airways and raise the risk of cancer. There is just as much exposure to cancer-causing chemicals from smoking one marijuana joint as smoking five tobacco cigarettes. And there is evidence that marijuana may limit the ability of the immune system to fight infection and disease.

Marijuana also affects hormones. Regular use can delay the onset of puberty in young men and reduce sperm production. For women, regular use may disrupt normal monthly menstrual cycles and inhibit ovulation. When pregnant women use marijuana, they run the risk of having smaller babies with lower birth weights, who are more likely than other babies to develop health problems. Some studies have also found indications of developmental delays in children exposed to marijuana before birth.

Marijuana as Medicine

Although U.S. law classifies marijuana as a Schedule I controlled substance (which means it has no acceptable medical use), a number of patients claim that smoking pot has helped them deal with pain or relieved the symptoms of glaucoma, the loss of appetite that accompanies AIDS, or nausea caused by cancer chemotherapy. There is, however, no solid evidence that smoking marijuana creates any greater benefits than approved medications (including oral THC) now used to treat these patients, relieve their suffering, or mitigate the side effects of their treatment. Anecdotal assertions of beneficial effects have yet to be confirmed by controlled scientific research.

Teens and Marijuana
Although dangers exist for marijuana users of all ages, risk is greatest for the young. For them, the impact of marijuana on learning is critical, and pot often proves pivotal in the failure to master vital interpersonal coping skills or make appropriate life-style choices. Thus, marijuana can inhibit maturity.

Another concern is marijuana’s role as a "gateway drug," which makes subsequent use of more potent and disabling substances more likely. The Center on Addiction and Substance Abuse at Columbia University found adolescents who smoke pot 85 times more likely to use cocaine than their non–pot smoking peers. And 60 percent of youngsters who use marijuana before they turn 15 later go on to use cocaine.

But many teens encounter serious trouble well short of the "gateway." Marijuana is, by itself, a high-risk substance for adolescents. More than adults, they are likely to be victims of automobile accidents caused by marijuana’s impact on judgment and perception. Casual sex, prompted by compromised judgment or marijuana’s disinhibiting effects, leaves them vulnerable not only to unwanted pregnancy but also to sexually transmitted diseases (STDs).

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 7:59 am 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

thx for the article xD

Thank you Michael
Thank you developers
(^-check out the topics)

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 8:15 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major
 YIM  Profile

i think they should legalize it (i am not a stoner i have never done drugs) they make a big deal about it and it isnt that bad most of the time alcohol is worse most of the time

i have one friend who drinks alot and another who smokes and the one who drinks does more stupid and dangerous stuff

Gate of Babylon
Top rank 18
Top alliance rank 2

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next