It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: Legalizing weed.
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 6:03 am 
Captain
Captain

rederoin wrote:
Quote:
ergo, you support the legalisation of heroin? LSD? rage virus? :P
in a way , yes , but lets keep it to weed , I doubt any government would legalise weed and heroin at the same time.
wow, calling for the legalisation of heroin is extreme, i am keeping it to weed, but im noting that if you do want to legalize weed, it would inevitably call for the legalisation of other drugs, particularly LSD, but heroin? woooo...

holy ....

argument remains, it is on topic.

I don't know anything abouth herion , if it does affect society more than cannabis , then no , I don't want it legalized
so what, your limit is placed at weed? that seems a bit biased, why not keep the current limits and weed is illegal, as i said, progressively legalising soft drugs would inevitably call for the legalisation of hard drugs, i mean after all, its the "person's" decision.

i doubt any government would legalise weed with the current trends in society.
Various Europeans governments would , E.G
The Dutch one , but the problem in the EU is , the European parlement doesn't want it legalized.

my bad, i should have said 99% of governments.

rederoin wrote:
If those people are stupid enough to risk their lives sticking dirty needles in themselves , then why bother saving them? their stupidity will lead them to their dead in any other way , its called "natural selection".

Not that this has anything to with legalizing weed or something.

i want to point out now that breathing hot drug coated ash directly into your lungs isnt good for you either, i again refer to my emphysema point that it sets in 25 years faster then cigarettes. hypocrisy, thy name is rederoin.

intervene is spelt fine, im establishing that all drugs have a negative side effect, im simply stating that when you weigh it up, emphysema (25 years faster then cigs) and psychosis isnt awesome.
Which shouldn't matter if it becomes legal or not.
on the contrary my dear watson, it has everything to do with if it becomes legal or not. you just corrected yourself by saying heroin shouldnt because of those very detrimental effects to the person.

actually, yes it does, drugs are very dangerous substances when abused and opening the flood gates to legal abuse isnt beneficial to anyone, not even the person using it.
Imo , no , the person using it , has a choice , he knows the dangers(which should be taught in schools!)
As-long a person has a choice in taking it , he should be allowed to(talking about weed )smoke it , just like alcohol(which causes more deaths) and nicotine.

again, i point back to heroin, an extreme example that you unfortunately agreed with, as long as the person knows that heroin is incredibly addictive, it has an extremely powerful high and it incredibly dangerous, it should be fine to funnel that stuff around.

Its the only way , and jail , imho should be a punishment.
life-long is saddism , maybe.. But unless theirs a better solution(while keeping weed legal) which their isen't.
Either increase the sentence , and also increase the murder sentence(8 years in Aussie , seriously?) or give live-long for both , or don't change anything.
The second one will have the best effect.
Those tax "evaders" are technically stealing money from the government. Part of which goes to the hospitals , so technically , their stealing from the hospitals.

10 years (its 10 sorry, 8 and less is for manslaughter which is a lesser charge), anyways, 10 years is good behaviour and you show legitimate remorse and a bunch of factors like no prior crim record and a bunch of people that support you are a decent human being. then you can apply for parole where you are stringently monitored and rights are restricted with zero tolerance to crime (even a minor offence and you go back for the full term). i assume you have never actually looked into your justice system
again, your answers are in the extreme and are actually detrimental to your argument. thank you, please come again. (Apu) you need to actually come back with something more reasonable~~

especially because right now, from what you said, most of the pro-weed people here would agree that keeping it illegal is better then completely screwing over justice systems developed over hundreds of years to be just.
btw, netherlands can only charge up to a maximum of 20 years for any one crime, multiple murders can get life sentence.

Aslong as its less harmful to society than weed , then it s fine to legalize LSD(or any drug)
why do you set the benchmark at weed? why not more why not less? the smell of bias is overwhelming.

TheViscount wrote:
heh all those arguments are lolz... psychosis eh?

tax evasion? people being angry over sentencing?

Are there no REAL arguments here?

if you are serious, feel free to respond to the points presented.

i voted pro because of its negligible effects in comparison to cancer sticks (cigs) but i am devils advocate and i will defend the position with vigor.

you can talk the talk, but can you walk the walk?

my arguments still remain as those 4 (now cut down to 3, dislike that strawman one)[/color]

-~~Retired Spammer~~-

~Agnostic atheist pastafarian~

Discussion+debates and World Events.

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 6:58 am 
Major
Major
 WWW  Profile

I just realised that "soceity" is a wrong use of words , for what I ment.
Abouth the "prison"system argument , we obviously disagree on whether or not the justice system should be changed(in changes all the time(well not all the time.

But back on topic :

First off , yes this argument can be used to legalize cocaine or heroine.

1 person should be allowed to do whatever he wants to do without hurting another human being. (excluding if its mentally(E.G insults ,trolling etc..)(unless its a hate speech))(which I believe(can't find the source atm) is a reason for some governments to legalize pot)
If this is done , said country will have reached so-called (not a official term?)"Ultimate freedom" Ofcourse , logically speaking , its not "Ultimate" , mainly becease it would be "1 person should be allowed to do whatever he wants to do" instead of "1 person should be allowed to do whatever he wants to do without hurting another human being."
But that would mean their would be Anarchy.
Freedom is something everybody wants , and should not be limited by anybody else(again , children are a different story).
Which is the exact reason cannabis should be legal.

Total amount of crystals/relics obtained 2500~/11

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 7:49 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
 WWW  Profile

Alcohol, cocaine, heroin etc.... ARE harmful to society.

I do not see how pot is.... laziness maybe?

join the grog!

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 7:53 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

TheViscount wrote:

Don't forget the slight eating disorder.

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 10:36 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

anarchy69 wrote:
Did you not read what I typed?
Quote:
Thus if a young person is genetically at risk for schizophrenia, the research suggests the use of marijuana can cause the same kind of damage the schizophrenia would cause, which could bring on the illness when it might otherwise have not have emerged, cause earlier onset, and/or worsen the condition.

The marijuana doesn't cause this illness it just shows signs of it before hand, like previously stated in first few posts it's your body that reacts to different situations, which Ducky clearly misread also.

this is late but

no it doesnt cause it it triggers it activates the genetics that cause shozophrenia

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 12:37 pm 
Captain
Captain

rederoin wrote:
Abouth the "prison"system argument , we obviously disagree on whether or not the justice system should be changed(in changes all the time(well not all the time.

[color=#40FF00]you are calling for a complete overhaul, a completely ridiculous and poorly thought out overhaul. you might give speeding a life sentence because it endangers lives... you later talk about freedom, but you are enacting a big brother state, giving overkill sentences for various crimes.

But back on topic :

1 person should be allowed to do whatever he wants to do without hurting another human being. (excluding if its mentally(E.G insults ,trolling etc..)(unless its a hate speech))(which I believe(can't find the source atm) is a reason for some governments to legalize pot)
If this is done , said country will have reached so-called (not a official term?)"Ultimate freedom" Ofcourse , logically speaking , its not "Ultimate" , mainly becease it would be "1 person should be allowed to do whatever he wants to do" instead of "1 person should be allowed to do whatever he wants to do without hurting another human being."

but what if they just drain retardedly from the system? one of my main points is that marijuana cannot be beneficial to society because it has negative effects and cannot be taxxed efficiently to counteract those negative effects. you say that in order to ensure the freedoms, one should implement laws that completely restrict freedom by removing justice from the justice system.

Freedom is something everybody wants , and should not be limited by anybody else(again , children are a different story).
[/color]

you should note that you DID NOT respond to most of my points..

TheViscount wrote:

emphysema ffs.
EMPHYSEMA. PSYCHOSIS. LIMBS FALLING OFF AND ATTACKING YOU.

>.>

all unecessary medical problems drain from society.

-~~Retired Spammer~~-

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 12:54 pm 
Major
Major
 WWW  Profile

mrducky wrote:
rederoin wrote:

[color=#40FF00]you are calling for a complete overhaul, a completely ridiculous and poorly thought out overhaul. you might give speeding a life sentence because it endangers lives... you later talk about freedom, but you are enacting a big brother state, giving overkill sentences for various crimes.

But back on topic :

but what if they just drain retardedly from the system? one of my main points is that marijuana cannot be beneficial to society because it has negative effects and cannot be taxxed efficiently to counteract those negative effects. you say that in order to ensure the freedoms, one should implement laws that completely restrict freedom by removing justice from the justice system.

[/color]

you should note that you DID NOT respond to most of my points..

TheViscount wrote:

emphysema ffs.
EMPHYSEMA. PSYCHOSIS. LIMBS FALLING OFF AND ATTACKING YOU.

>.>

all unecessary medical problems drain from society.

Then why are nicotine and alcohol legal?
Alcohol causes more medical problems than cannabis.

Total amount of crystals/relics obtained 2500~/11

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 12:08 pm 
Captain
Captain

Then why are nicotine and alcohol legal?
Alcohol causes more medical problems than cannabis.

driving causes more medical problems then alcohol.

but the benefits outweigh the costs. i find i have to repeat myself far too much, you can tax alcohol, you can tax cigarettes, they are both hard to farm the raw ingredients and process, marijuana is easy to grow and procure, therefore can ONLY bring a detrimental value to society as it cannot be taxxed and recontribute back to society.

in australia, cigarettes are 15% retail costs, 15% costs to the manufacturer and 70% cost is completely tax which gets funneled into the health system.

you try to side step the issue by implementing unjust laws and punishments. i have to rebut by saying that is unjust and completely impractical for a modern nation, its like trying to bring back "if you steal, we cut off your hands" as a law. its ridiculous.

-~~Retired Spammer~~-

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 9:11 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Reefer Madness

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:53 am 
Sergeant
Sergeant

I think Marijuana should be never legalized anywhere! I don't do drugs and never care to, life has more to offer than getting high and having the munchies!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next